oo1

The Day I Lost Her, I Found You

Happy reading, everyone ;)

 

 

Flashback I : 3 years ago, in college

 

"I don't deserve you. He does."

 

Luhan's POV

 

The first time I saw you, you were walking onto the stage, taking the Best Student award handed by the dean. You were stunning, like always. The smile you had on your face showed how contented you were to make your parents proud. If only they were there watching you, you might will hear their joyful cries from the crowd.

"Hey, Luhan," called Kai as he pinched my arm.
"What is it, Kai?" I asked and Kai was pointing his finger at you.

Kai smirked under his breath. "That girl named Kim Min Ah...She is pretty, isn't she?"
I noticed you let your long black hair slightly loosen down to your shoulders. There was also a white bunny hair clip clipped on your hair. I smiled as I looked at you. Of course you looked innocent but stunning, like always.

"Yes, she is," I replied, pretending like I didn't care much about you. I didn't want Kai to know about my feelings to you. Why should I? My secret was safe with you, right? As much as I thought that the conversation would end there, I found Kai 
ruffling his hair awkwardly, eyes on you. I felt my heart just stopped beating and I was thinking for the worse. Is it possible, that Kai liked you too?


"Luhan, you'll help me, right?" was what Kai asked. That question sent my breath away.
I remained silent, trying to understand the gist of his sayings.

I startled. I was stunned. What should I say?

I get it. He wants you.

Knowing his ultimate purpose, I slowly nodded, but half of my heart was crushed. I knew I had to let you go. I thought that maybe, just maybe, that I didn't deserve you. You were amazing, and Kai was my best friend. I was nothing but a coward, and Kai was something else. He was more than me. And by that, I knew I don't deserve you.

 

"Sure, Kai. I will help you."

 


***

 

Flashback II : Present year, at Min Ah's apartment

 

"I am sorry for not being the one for you."

 

No one's POV

 

Tick. Tock.

Tick. Tock.

Tick. Tock.

Tick. Tock.

Tick. Tock.

 

The sound of the ticking clock echoed the dark room. A knife was then thrown to the floor and the clock suddenly stopped ticking like it had been accidentally broken down.


Luhan was shivering to death. He couldn't do anything. He gasped the moment he saw blood gushed down to his hands. He looked up to realize tears flowing out from Min Ah's eyes. The bleeding girl suddenly fell onto the floor, pulling Luhan with her.


Luhan shook his head in disbelief and grabbed her by the arms. He gently pressed his hand on her injured stomach to stop the bleeding but Min Ah placed both her cold hands on Luhan's cheeks, forcing him to stop.

"Lu...Luhan, don't."

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry..." cried Luhan, still shivering. He converged his eyes towards the knife beside him and his hands that were wdrowned in blood. Min Ah's eyelids began to fall as she inched near death, but Luhan tapped her cheeks instead to wake her up. "No, don't leave me! Look at me, Min Ah. Look at me. You're going to be okay... Just hold on, please."

Min Ah opened her eyes, and her brownish orbs met Luhan's tearing ones. Her breaths were getting shorter by the minute, and she was smiling, as if she wanted this to happen.

"Don't," she whispered the moment Luhan tried to carry her. Luhan looked at her in the eyes, trying to tell her that he was doing the right thing.

"Let me do this. You can't die. You can't leave me," pleaded Luhan and Min Ah shook her head as the pain in her stomach began to take over her body. "That's okay. I deserve this," she whispered with a nod.

Luhan hugged her in return, trying not to let her go. The last tear dropped from the edge of his eye. Min Ah weakly hugged him back, slightly chuckled though she was still in pain. "Don't cry anymore because of me..."

"Min Ah," Luhan called her, shaking. Min Ah's face turned paler and the last thing she did was patting Luhan's back with a sob.

"I'm so sorry, Luhan," she said and at that very second, her body was senseless and Luhan could no longer feel her heart beating against his chest. Her hands slowly fall from Luhan's back, hitting the cold floor as her eyes were slowly closed. She was...breathless.

"Min Ah?" He let go of her, finding himself holding the no-longer-breathing Min Ah."Min Ah! Don't leave me! Don't-"

But words were meaningless. Luhan was unable to say anything. His cries filled the dark room, and the cold body lying on him were the only thing he wished not to let go. He hugged her body for as long as he could, unable to except the terrifying truth.

'I am sorry' was what she said before letting him go. That was the last thing she said before leaving him alone.


---

 

Now



Kai grabbed Luhan's shirt collar then he punched the weak boy right on the face by using his fist.
Kai did the same thing over and over again until Luhan's mouth bled. The shorter one didn't move an inch, as if he deserved to be punched that way.

"You're joking, right? Min Ah is not dead, right?" Kai tried to let out a chuckle to calm himself but he couldn't do so after seeing Luhan being silent. 

 

Luhan's heart pumped crazily, like a wild crescendo. "I tried to stop her. She was holding this knife and-" It was just too hard to explain. 

"It was an accident..." It was just too hard. Luhan shook his head in regret, showing Kai the dried blood on his hands. Kai stared at them in fear, his expression changed. It got worse. Luhan saw him and his eyesight suddenly went blurry. He realized that he had cried too much, but who cared?


Kai almost lost his senses. He aggressively pushed Luhan to the wall and clasped his shirt again.

"Yah," called Kai, aggressively pressed his nails onto Luhan's bare skin, earning a whimper from the shorter one.

"Tell me it isn't true," pleaded Kai this time. But in the end... Luhan didn't say anything. 

"Luhan, please, say something!" demanded Kai as he sobbed. Luhan let his tears fall. He was out of words.

Luhan felt like he couldn't even trust himself anymore. The thing he did was totally unforgivable. Must everything go this way?
"Luhan, please, tell me it isn't true," called Kai again, desperately wanting to hear from the shorter one's response. He shook Luhan's body but he was still there, acting like a statue. Kai let out a groan as he pushed Luhan away, impatiently kicking the things on the floor.

Luhan shivered as he heard Kai's deep breaths and the sound of glass crashing from the kitchen. Kai came back into the room after a while of calming himself down and he helplessly sat on the couch in front of Luhan.

Seeing Kai made Luhan's heart ached. Kai looked so damaged. All because of him.


"Get out. I don't want to see you anymore," said Kai. There was a deep silence then.

Kai took a glimpse of the door and yelled in anger, "I said, get out of my damn apartment now!"

 

Luhan looked up, his knees trembled. Slowly, he led his feet towards the door. He knew he had nowhere else to go. He had no one else to think of. The important thing was, he didn't even know what to do.

"You took her away from me. Why, Luhan? You used to be my best friend. Why do you have to take her away from me?" cried Kai, looking down to his feet.

Luhan wiped his tears away. Before he left, he slightly turned to Kai and murmured, "I'm sorry, Jongin."

Kai shed to tears once the other one left the apartment. He grabbed his cellphone and dialed Sehun's number. Before he could press the call button, he thought of Min Ah. For a minute then, he started to think about his friendship with Luhan.

"I...can't..." Kai forced himself to call him but it was a failure. He instantly threw his cellphone to the wall that it crashed to bits. He kneeled on the floor. He couldn't do it. He loved his best friend, Luhan, so much; so much that it hurts.

He couldn't accept it anymore. For so long, he had believed in his best friend and he never thought that he would live in hatred for the rest of his life. He never thought that life could be so cruel to let him mend the broken paces and he never thought that his own best friend would steal his happiness away from him. His happiness, Kim Min Ah.

"Luhan...How could you do this to me?" cried Kai with his hands covering his face.

He couldn't take it anymore, so did Luhan.



---

 

Flashback III : The First Valentine's Day Together

 

"When I still have you by my side."

 

No one's POV

"Happy Valentines Day, Luhan."


Min Ah handed me a small white black box tied with a white ribbon and I happily took it. I checked the thing inside. It was a silver watch. "Woah! How did you know that I needed a new watch? Thanks, Min Ah." I instantly wore it, not noticing the pouting girl beside me.

"Aren't you giving me anything?" asked Min Ah as she saw me coming handed.

I , "Consider me coming to see you today as a gift."
Min Ah slapped my arm and I laughed in return. After that, I took out a jaw-sized teddy bear from my pocket. "Happy Valentines Day, Min Ah."

"You're so mean," she said as she took the teddy bear from my grasp. From the corner of my eyes, I could see the sweet smile formed on her lips. It's nice to see that smile again, I thought to myself, holding her hand as I led her to the park. The night view was perfect and both of us tended to do the same thing we did always - stargazing.

"Can I ask you something?" I started the conversation after seeing Min Ah staring at the sky, thinking about something.

"Hmm...? What is it?" she startled and turned to face me.

I was being serious. I need to know the right answer.
"Do you still love Jongin?" I asked and when I said Kai's name, Min Ah stared at me. She remained silent.

"Kim Min Ah," I called and she looked up to the sky again.
"I don't know," she whispered as she hugged her knees.

I sighed in disappointment. Was it hard to let him go?
"I can make you happy again. Don't you worry about it," I comforted her. I knew she was still in pain. I knew she was hurt. And I knew that I was better than Kai. But was I wrong about that.

"I'm not asking for happiness, Luhan," replied Min Ah, slowly tearing.

I watched her gripping the small teddy bear with a weak smile.
"I just want him to be by my side again," she continued.

Remained speechless, I looked away, still disappointed. When can she accept me?

"But..."

I looked at Min Ah. She was smiling brightly at me. "I know I have someone much more important than him," she said and played with the teddy bear. "And that special someone..." She looked up and childishly poke my knee with it.

"...is..."

I raised my eyebrows.

Is...who?

"You!" she pointed to her cellphone.

I raised an eyebrow instead. "You're kidding me, right?"
'What's with the cellphone?!' I groaned.

"No, I'm not kidding," she replied. Min Ah handed me her cellphone and she walked out of the park while humming to herself. I was confused.

"Not kidding?" I asked myself and examined the cellphone of hers in my grip. I pressed the unlock button and I noticed she set my picture as her cellphone wallpaper. It was a picture of me sleeping in class. I remembered. It was when Kai purposely took a picture of me sleeping when the teacher was busy teaching. Kai must have given her that picture when they were together.

I noticed the picture was edited. There were words at the edge of it, saying,

Sleep well, sweetheart.

I found myself smiling.
I guessed I was right, then.

I was busy staring at the phone when Min Ah called me from afar.
"Luhan! Hurry up, let's go home! It's getting late," she yelled.
I stood and looked at the night sky.

"Thank you for the beautiful memories," I whispered. I thought that it would be a start to a fresh, new life. But I was wrong. I was always wrong.



End of flashback

 

---

 

Now

 

Eunmi rested her chin on her palms and thought of the guy she met the day before. She remembered seeing his hands covered in dried blood and he looked so sad like he had lost someone so important.

She walked to the shop again; the place where she met Luhan. Although she doesn't know his name, she was certain that the guy needs help. He looked so lonely.

"I'll just sit here for a while," she said to the waiter-in-charge. She watched the people walking in and out of the hospital from the shop window and she smirked to herself as she saw a cute boy getting tickled by his mother. He looked so happy and so was his mother. The pair then walked along the street with happy faces while Eunmi was still busy watching them.

While she was still watching, her eyes suddenly caught seeing a familiarized guy walking with a big backpack hanged on his shoulder, heading out of the hospital. He was pressing an ice pack on his lips and the now dark image he held in him made Eunmi realized who he was.  

Eunmi immediately left the shop and ran to him. "Wait, mister!"

Luhan turned around and once he saw her, he looked surprised.


"Cho...Eunmi?"

 

End of chapter one.

 

 

 

JongMi18 - Hey, cousin :P Thanks for subscribing and...what do you mean by you like Luhan instead of Kai?! Oh well, wait till I see you tomorrow =='

MissFlamer - Thanks for reading and subscribing! ^_^ Updated~~ :]

Gagaga345 -  XD Welcome to AFF and thanks for supporting me :D

jeyeonnn_ - HURRY UP AND UPDATE YOUR FANFIC! Hehe. :] Anyway, thanks for subscribing. XD

linkinwoojung - SENIOR! I really really really appreciate your support, I don't know how to thank you >< I'm so sorry but Sehun will appear in the next chapter (I hope so...) TT___TT

Luhannie / hmmxy195 / seoulbeats / Pataco_95 / pigrabbitlove / Baby22 - Thanks for subscribing, I hope you'll like it :]

mosomoso - Dongsaengiee, thank you for your comment! :D *waves*

Chanminwoo_18  - unnie :D you helped a lot, so I really wanna say thanks. I hope you like the first chapter (I think it T_T) and anything you want me to improve, just inform me, okay? ^_^

Sans-Coeur - Updated! I appreciate your comment :] thanks for reading! :D

IamA13eliever - Really? I hope you'll like the first chapter! I'm still trying to improve, so I'm sorry if it doesn't satisfy you :[ *hugs* thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing :D

 

Overall, I love you guys :D Till the next chapter comes, have a good day. Bye ;)

---