oo4

The Day I Lost Her, I Found You

 

book one 

 

presenting chapter one

 

" HOW I MET KIM MIN AH "

 

 

Living in college is not something easy, thought Luhan. He sighed as the cold breeze messed up the strands of his brownish hair, his hand brushed through his long bangs to fix it. He was already late for his music meeting, but he could not care less about it. Since he was the head of the committee, things could wait for him. The young man kept his time to himself, relaxing on the grass as he watched the quiet view of the college without any students passing by.

When can these college years end? He sighed. Thinking about it would lead to nowhere. He stared at his phone, and saw it vibrating for the umpteenth time. He smirked instead, knowing so well, who that caller was. If it were not for Sehun and Kai, Luhan might have forgotten half of his schedules.

“Luhan here,” he said, finally answering the call. From the other side of the call, Luhan could hear the sound of groaning and grunting. “Where in the world are you? This meeting leads to nowhere but flying gossips, because of you,” complained Sehun, who began to nag like his mother. Luhan smiled in the end, completely being an for not budging from his seat. “Is that Luhan on the phone?” He heard Kai’s voice this time. “Let me speak to him.”

Then Luhan raised both of his eyebrows, completely knowing what the tanned lad would say. “Yes, Luhan is speaking,” teased the deer-eyed boy, earning nothing from the other one on the line. “I suggest you get your down here, before I tell those girls what color of boxer you’re wearing today.” Luhan laughed in the end, but felt shocked at the same time. “How the hell did you know which boxer I’m wearing now?”

Then he heard Kai’s sigh. “Who says I know? I can always create stories, you punk.” Luhan scoffed. “Like that would help me drag myself there.”

Sehun’s voice filled the line, and that boy was pushing Kai away from the phone. “You know what, Kai, you’re talking rubbish.”

“Get your down here now and I mean it, creep-o,” warned Sehun, before finally ending the call. Luhan sighed in the end, but he was sure Sehun and Kai knew him so well. He decided to it slide and leave the meeting to their hands. Sometimes, Luhan felt like he was tired of everything. He felt like he wanted to be alone for some time, and forget about the society, which included him.

He missed his mother. He missed China. He missed everything related to him. Sure, living in Korea was not a big mess-up problem for him, because he adjusted himself too well. Thankfully, he met Sehun and Kai, who never failed to help him. They even agreed to share their apartment with Luhan and did not bother asking him to help pay the monthly bills because Luhan usually took care of the cooking. Life was not that hard in Korea, but China still meant everything to him. He knew that leaving his mother was a mistake. However, the path decided this way to happen. If it were not because of his hope to look for his missing father here in Korea, he would not be here.  People had been telling him that his father had died, but Luhan still believed that his father was still healthy and still breathing. Why Korea, though? His father’s favorite place to visit was Korea, and Luhan was definite that his father might be here now. A son knows best, or is it not?

After a while of dwelling into the past, Luhan’s attention was off, because of the sound of a mewling cat. Luhan looked to his sides to look for it, but his efforts failed to impress him. The cat was nowhere in sight, but the sounds kept coming up. Luhan looked behind him, and noticed the big tree where he rested his back. Then he heard another sound this time, which fully caught his attention.

“I feel like going out of here,” said a girl’s voice, which sounded unclear and slow. Luhan widened his eyes; his body drifted from left to right to search for that voice.

Who is that girl? His eyes caught every image possible without the sign of girl in it, until the brownish- haired boy realized something, then. Could it be…?

Luhan slowly inched closer to the tree, and tried to sneak his head to see what was behind it.

“Don’t you think so?” whispered a girl, who seemed so familiar to Luhan but he failed to recall who she was. The girl had her black long bangs covering her face, but her flawless milky skin managed to register in Luhan’s mind. She had her slender fingers brushed through the Persian cat’s fur, and she had her side facing Luhan. Luhan knew it was wrong for him to eavesdrop, but he was too curious to walk away. “Don’t you have a class?” Luhan felt like asking her that but he was no different from her either. He looked around him, fully aware that nobody was around except from him and that girl. He heard the girl’s sigh after that, gaining full of his attention.

Taking his chance, he stared at her for as long as he could manage. She was staring at something far from her view, with the cat sleeping right on her lap. She kept on petting the cat, humming along as the breeze touched her bare cheeks and she quivered with a small smile.

Luhan felt his heart skip a beat. What a beautiful smile she has, he thought.

The girl looked down and she took a long time of staring at the Persian fur before she began to sing something unfamiliar to Luhan. Was it really a song? Was it a singing poem?

 

Let me walk

Let me go

From this trapped world

Let it bloom

Let it grow

Let the flower go

From this trapped world

 

Then Luhan felt his phone vibrating again, which made him startle and hit the back of the tree with his head. The girl instantly stopped singing, terrified that someone probably heard her. The girl stood in a split second, looking around as she fixed her dress to run. Luhan silently cursed to himself as he gripped his phone and when he looked up, she was already running away.

“Wait-”

Luhan tried to call her but she was already out of sight. The air felt colder back then. Luhan was alone again. The image of the black strands of hair remained in his mind and now Luhan was left baffled along with the Persian cat who was now awake from its peaceful sleep.

Where did she go?

Luhan’s phone vibrated again, and the grown- up boy sighed as he picked it up. “Yes, Sehun, I’ll be there. I promise this time.”

Regardless of what had happened, Luhan smiled at the memory of it. She caught his attention, and now he found someone similar to him – someone who wanted to be free from this world. Luhan stared at the tree and hummed the song she sang before. He was beginning to like the sound of it. It was nice, after all, to hear her voice. However, Luhan wanted something back, something that was important to him.

When she left, it was as if she took a part of him as well.

Moreover, that part, was all there was for Luhan to claim back.

His beating heart. 

 

 

 

End of chapter four.

 

/hides behind kris/ OK, first of all, I am so sorry for the late update. T.T MY APOLOGIES! School has reached an end for me about two weeks ago so now I have more time to focus on this! /jumps in joy/ 

Most of you might have forgotten the whole story already, and I'm really sorry for causing that. 

So now I decided to start this chapter with BOOK ONE, which begins with HOW EVERYTHING FIRST STARTED. How Luhan met Min Ah, how they fall in love, how things get complicated, etc. Maybe you think this is unnessecary but I am telling you this so that you will not get confused throughout your journey here (((this story is really confusing oh curse myself :-;)))

 

BOOK ONE - FLASHBACKS

BOOK TWO - NOW

 

I guess this won't take too many chapters, so don't get discouraged by the book thingy ok :) I will credit the subs and reply the comments later on the next chapter, so please, stay with me, ok? I love you guys.

/lots of love from the author-nim <3

 

Till the next chapter comes, have a good day. Bye ;)