oo3

The Day I Lost Her, I Found You

Happy reading, everyone ;)

 

Now

 

 

Thirty minutes had passed. Luhan was still attached to his seat, unable to do anything rather than facing the window beside him with his fingers wrapped together. 

Eunmi had finished eating, but her curiosity was killing her, inside out at that moment. She couldn't help herself but to wonder about what the man in front of her was thinking. He was devastatingly alone, and for that she knew he must have done something wrong to person he loved most. 

But who would the person be? 
What has Luhan done to that person? 
What makes him be so sad?


Luhan took a glimpse of the food in front of him. He had not yet touch it, neither did he eat it. He had no intention of eating at all. Even the slightest memory of his now tragic past can bring him to his own death. All he wants now is to forgive and mostly to be forgiven for what he had done. 

He suddenly heard a girl calling his name. 

"Luhan," greeted Eunmi, breaking the silence.

Luhan startled and immediately faced her. "...Yes?" 

Eunmi slowly pointed to his food. "You haven't touched your food," she said. 
Luhan pretended to ridiculously chuckle out of surprise. 

"Oh, really? I didn't notice," he replied with a fake smile. By that, he began to grab the chopsticks and took a bite of his food. 

He began to swallow, half- heartedly. 
Eunmi's curious look hasn't changed. In fact, she turned to be more serious than usual.

"Are you really okay?" she asked in concern. She seemed worried. 
Luhan raised his eyebrows. "Pardon?"

"What happened?" she questioned. 

Luhan swallowed his food in his mouth. He stared at Eunmi, on behalf of her disturbing question.

"It is none of your business," he replied in a low voice, his face looking away to the window. Eunmi heard that but it didn't stop her. She was worried. 

"Speak it out," she forced him and Luhan seemed angry.

"Look, I don't know who you are and I can't just tell every bit of my tragic love story to you!" he raised his voice.

There was a long silence.

"Love story." Eunmi repeated the words he said. "You must have done something wrong to the girl you love," she continued, eyes on Luhan. Luhan widened his gaze. He was both surprised and pissed off. He was then confused of Eunmi's sudden behavior. He stood from the chair and rushed to the door. He took his bag with him and his only intention was to walk away. Once again, he felt hurt. He fastened his pace and didn't notice Eunmi following behind him. 


"KIM MIN AH!" screamed Eunmi, and the name she called made Luhan stopped running and froze.

He shivered and turned around, only to see the panting Eunmi behind him. Eunmi took deep breaths and replied Luhan's stare with a sad look. 

Luhan looked like he had seen a ghost in front of him. 
"H-how...d-di-did you-"

Eunmi took out a watch from her pocket that has a tag name with the name of Kim Min Ah on it, tied with a small silver necklace. "This is yours," she said, taking closer steps to Luhan. 

Luhan was as hard as a statue, he didn't move an inch. As Eunmi reached for his hand, he inhaled deeply before realizing that Eunmi placed the watch on his palm. It was the watch Min Ah gave him on the first anniversary of their relationship two years ago.

"You left it on the table just now," she slowly said and took a step further. 

Luhan ended up asking in disbelief. "Who are you?" 

Eunmi innocently shrugged. "I already told you. I'm Cho Eunmi, a junior journalist."

Luhan shook his head, more of feeling disbelief. He couldn't believe of what he had go through since the night he met Eunmi. Seriously, who is she?

He looked at her and she gave him a small smile. It was a smile of encouragement. Bur that's not the case here.

Maybe it would be better off if he move on without Eunmi's existence. 
Luhan walked away, until he heard her call.

"Wait," she said and took out a bar of chocolate from her pocket. She handed it to him but Luhan kept quiet, trying to understand what she was trying to do.

"It can reduce your stress," she convinced him. 

He took it and walked further from her. He turned around a bit and from the corner of his eyes, he could still see her, standing at the the spot where he left her.

Should he leave now?

He faced her and asked, "Why are you helping me? You don't even know me."

Little did he knew, Eunmi shrugged again and her pure eyes convinced him to move on with his life. Her calm face was like saying words of moving on to him. 

Eunmi once again smiled and nodded. "Because I want to." 

 


---

Jisook made her way out of the hospital. She was both tired and still on the verge of feeling sad upon her best friend's death. She had been friends to Min Ah for almost half a decade and she never thought that Min Ah would die at such a young age. 


She remembered one time when Min Ah came to her house at night and it was raining heavily. She was crying endlessly with no sign of stopping. Jisook asked her what was the matter but all Min Ah said was,

"I'm a fool, Jisook. I can't even trust myself anymore."

"Min Ah, what are you talking about? Can't you explain to me why you came to my house at this time of hour?"


All Min Ah did then was shivering in cold with her body wrapped in a blanket until she fell asleep. It was the morning after that when Luhan came to pick her up by car and apologized to Jisook for not taking a good care of her whilst she was having mental breakdown. 

Jisook convinced herself that the past should be left behind. She missed Min Ah entirely but what can she do now? 

She raised her hand to call for a taxi in the busy road and she was suddenly summoned by a black car that stopped right in front of her, as if it was welcoming her to enter it. 

The window of the passenger seat went down and Jisook was surprised seeing the guy she knows for a long time. 

"...Jongin?" she guessed his name and it turned out that she was right. Right from the window, she saw Kai taking off his sunglasses and greeted her with a calm look and sore voice. 

"It's been a long time, Song Jisook," he muttered under his breath but it was loud enough for Jisook to hear it. 

"Get in," he demanded and Jisook slowly climbed into the luxury car, feeling curious. 'It's been three years since we last met,' thought Jisook.

He drove for half a mile already but both him and Jisook remained silent. 
Jisook watched Kai from the corner of her eyes. She noticed Kai looked tired.

"Are you okay?" she asked and Kai sighed.

"The usual," he half- heartedly replied. 

Both of them were quiet again. In the end, Jisook braced herself and spoke, "So...what makes you ask me to join in the ride with you? Is there something wrong-"

"You know what happened to Min Ah," interrupted Kai. 

Jisook's smile faded. "...Yes. Her body is still in the mortuary."

Kai swallowed the saliva in his mouth and inhaled deeply. Once again, he turned silent.

Jisook said, "I made arrangements for her funeral this Sunday. I think it is time that we, as her friends, bid her farewell for the last time."

"...But Luhan isn't coming," she whispered but Kai heard it. Kai stopped the car at the side of the road and turned to face Jisook.

"Don't you ever let him enter the funeral without my permission. He isn't welcomed," Kai said in anger but his face showed disappointment.

Jisook was about to ask him why but Kai said, "I will call our friends to come and I let you handle the rest."
The girl nodded in return and was unable to ask more about his sudden change. 

'Why did he hate Luhan so much? They are best friends since childhood...' thought Jisook.

The thought kept on playing in Jisook's mind until Kai's car stopped at the front of her home and that was where Kai bid her goodbye after that.

---

"This is my home!" cheered Eunmi, proudly showing Luhan the way in. The house was small, fit for three persons the most. 

Luhan entered the house and let his eyes wander around, examining every inch of the house. 
"You can sleep in my brother's room," said Eunmi as she the heater in the living room.

"Your brother?" Luhan searched for the room.
Eunmi showed him the way. "He is living with his new wife so... it is just me alone in this old house."

Luhan walked into the room and placed his bag on the single bed, which to his notice, would be Eunmi's brother's bed.
He made himself comfortable, sitting on the bed, his hands slowly removing his socks. 

He looked around and saw a big photo of Eunmi and his brother in a frame, hanged to the wall. He stared at it for a while before noticing that he was actually smiling. Both of the siblings looked the same during childhood. 

"Pssst."

Luhan glanced to Eunmi that was standing at the door. "What is it, Eunmi?" he asked.

"You said that you will be searching for a new place to stay tomorrow, right?" she questioned in a whisper. 

Luhan nodded. "Yes, why do you ask?" 
Eunmi shrugged. "Just want to make sure. My brother won't like it if he sees a stranger staying with his little sister."

Luhan raised his eyebrows. "You're the one who let me stay here," he defended.

"That's the point. My brother won't like it. Well, good night, then, Luhan," she bid him goodnight and as she was about to enter her own room, Luhan called her.

"Eunmi-ah," he called and Eunmi startled. 

"Yes...?" she asked and Luhan replied with a sincere smile before saying,

"Thanks for letting me stay here."

Eunmi froze. This would be the first time she saw Luhan smiling brightly. What a nice smile he has. She ended up nodding and entered her room after she saw Luhan locked his door. She took a seat on her bed and finally answered, "You're welcome."
 


---

                                                

Sehun waited for Kai to reach home. It was already midnight and Sehun ended up falling asleep on the couch in the living room with the television still switched on. He waited for Kai since he last left the house and he hasn't yet come home even before dinner time. 

As a friend, Sehun was worried. He was even more concerned about Luhan. He checked Luhan's room and noticed that his wardrobe was empty. There were no clothes in it. Thus, all there was left in his room were his books and graduation photos. He called Luhan for a couple of times but Luhan hasn't answer any of his phone calls. Sehun was confused. 

Min Ah, who happens to be his friend as well as Jisook and Kai, was dead and Luhan ran away from home. Kai also changed from being a cheerful person to a cold- hearted guy. 

What happened? 

The door suddenly opened and Sehun was awake. He immediately stood from the couch and saw Kai walking across the living room. 

"Where have you been?" asked Sehun while yawning like a child. 
Kai wasn't walking properly and Sehun noticed he was drunk. "Don't tell me you go to a pub somewhere in the city and drink alone?" 

Sehun was surprised. He had never seen Kai in a condition like this. When he tried to help him walk properly, Kai pushed him away. "Can't you just leave me alone, Sehun? Aish!" groaned Kai, heading to his room, walking like a zombie.

Sehun sat on the couch in confusion. He couldn't help himself but to dial Luhan's phone number...again.

He was surprised when he heard Luhan answered the phone call with a sleepy voice.

"Hello?" voiced Luhan as he yawned.

Sehun rolled his eyes. "LUHAN! Where in the world are you!?"

Luhan sounded so sleepy. "I'm alright. I'm staying at a friend's house. What is it?"

"Why do you take all of your clothes with you? And why is Jongin acting so weird? Why didn't you stay at home tonight? What exactly happened to-"

Luhan interrupted, "Whoa, whoa. Sehun, take it easy. I decided to move out. I'll explain later. I'll call you back tomorrow, okay?"

Sehun was unsatisfied with Luhan's short answer. "No way. Tell me now-"
Luhan interrupted again, "And please take a good care of Jongin for me, will you? You have to understand him."

Sehun was even more confused. "Understand WHAT!?" Before he could hear Luhan's answer, the phone call had ended. 

"Luhan? Luhan!" Sehun sighed. He placed his phone on the table in front of the couch and switched off the television. He rushed to Kai's room and noticed that Kai had fallen asleep on his bed.

"Something is weird..." he said to himself.

Letting out another sigh, Sehun tiptoed to his room and after lying on his bed, he dozed off to sleep.

 

End of chapter three.

 

 

_sonseuko / JeflancaRenata / Myungstachee / ohmy-sehun MinGwen18 / 

YaMi33 / koreans / Namppyong / salmakyu / tinarh / 

iyarhae / miyako1747 / choieunsae / kiwimangolicious2536 / 

takochyuu peodbear - Thanks for reading and subscribing, I am soooooo sorry for the long wait! T___T Keep reading, okay? *hugs*

gdlovesme - updated :D Aww, don't worry, I'm sure everyone has his/her own happiness, right? :D I'm sure Luhan knows that :D Thanks for commenting, reading and subscribing~! Keep reading, okay?

Taeminnie4Ever - updated! I love your default picture! XD Thanks for subscribing. You love it? Really? Thank you for your support :'D *bows*

KYUisKYUT - updated! sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :( I wanted to update too, but I can't D:

Chanminwoo_18 - UNNIE!!! Finally, I updated, right? Thank you for waiting, I love you! :D

Lilmisschique - Yes, IKR? Thanks for commenting :D saranghaeyo XD

 

Overall, I love you guys :D Till the next chapter comes, have a good day. Bye ;)