oo5

The Day I Lost Her, I Found You

How I Found Her Again

 

“I’m dying,” whined Sehun as he stepped out of main college’s entrance, his hands were pulling his hair. Kai looked at him blankly, while saying, “You still look healthy to me,” then he continued, “…and hormonal.”

Sehun protruded his tongue instead, and continued to whine. “What am I going to do with my life?” Luhan followed behind the two lads in a hurry, with books full in his hands. “Wait up, guys.”

Sehun glanced to the deer-eyed boy and sighed. “At least someone else is good in studying,” he mumbled, but Luhan did not seem to bother hearing it. The books in his hands were almost falling down, and when one of them fell, Kai managed to grab hold of it before it could ever touch the ground. “Thanks, Kai,” he smiled and the tanned boy grinned. “I see you’re working hard! Is there any chance for you to grab the best student scroll?” Luhan laughed instead. “I am not that good.”

“At least you guys are better than me! my life,” grumbled Sehun as he walked ahead with a grumpy look on his face. Kai followed behind him, continuing to tease the other one. Luhan chuckled, in the end he just watched them strolling away. Knowing how hard it was for him to walk, he slowly fixed the books in his hands, trying so hard not to let the big books fall from his small grip. Then he reached the stairs, which made him had a rougher time balancing the books in his hands. Luhan sighed as he no longer saw Sehun and Kai, which had probably left him further than a hundred meters. He took a lot of time fixing and balancing, which caused him to look to his right side, and he abruptly stopped his tracks. His eyes converged towards a place, which had the tree he always sat at – the place where he found the girl who captured his heart.

The wind blew to south, which again messed Luhan’s long bangs. ‘Why now?’ The boy grunted in return, worrying that the hair would make him look bad. When Luhan reached the bottom of the stairs, he heard something, which again caused him to stop moving.

Meowwww.

Luhan turned around to look for it. He had his mind wondering the same thing. Was it the Persian cat?

Meowwww.

Meowwww.

“Cat, where are you?” He heard it again and so forth, until he found it, the grayish Persian fur, which was bolting towards the tree. Luhan gulped in response, trying to follow his guts – if it was right. He left his books on the stairs, wondering for the possible.

“Is she there?” he asked himself, slowly reaching for the tree. The Persian cat was wagging its tail, as if it saw someone or something familiar to its eyes. The cat disappeared to behind the tree but its sounds were never gone from hitting Luhan’s pulsating eardrums. Luhan reached out his hands and smiled as the tip of his fingers gently touched the rough surface of the tall bark. Confused and hoping, Luhan shut his eyes and prayed… prayed that she would be there.

“Hey there, little kitty, how are you today?”

‘Wait.’ Luhan widened his eyes and clutched his shirt. He instantly hid himself behind the tree; his beating heart reached its crescendo. It was the girl’s voice.

She was…there.

He slowly ducked his head to his side, taking a glance of the same black- haired girl, who was petting the cat on her lap. She was smiling differently this time; her smile was brighter, and sweeter. It was, as if, she was having a good day. Luhan smiled as well, as if seeing her was something he wanted of all times. However, Luhan began to question himself, ‘Why am I so happy to see her?’

The girl always let her hair down, and Luhan noticed how she would wear a simple dress on, which matched with her white sweater. The cat once again fell asleep on the girl’s lap, as if it found its home again. The girl hummed as she ran her fingers through the cat’s fur, completely unaware of the boy standing right behind her, admiring her. Luhan, on the other hand, found himself sitting on the grass, and his fingers intertwined.

Then he heard her voice. “Sometimes, I just feel like being happy,” whispered the girl, sorrow suddenly filled her eyes.  “…even when life is at its worst.”

Luhan had his nose scrunched, and his smile slowly faded away. ‘What is she saying?’ his heart questioned, trying to understand her. Taking a deep breath, he looked at her again. From the corner of his eyes, he could see the girl staring at the same place she used to stare since the last time Luhan saw her, which was the sky, and then she began to sing, sending Luhan to its best ease.

“Let it rain,

Let it pour,

Let it wash the deepest shore,

Let the smiles find their homes,

For my heart to find its door.”

Luhan healed out a deep sigh as he rested his back against the tree. Her voice filled the air, making everything calmer for him. Luhan had never felt this way, and like how the smooth touches of the wind hit a breaking soul, it touched his heart to its core. A strong wind suddenly hit Luhan’s cheeks, and he quivered in cold. The girl did not budge, making her hair flew along with the calming breeze. Then Luhan saw it; the crystal, clear tears she had on her cheeks. Before Luhan could ever react, she continued to sing,

“Let me sigh,

Let me cry,

Let me heal,

Let me smile,

For my heart to find its door…”

 

Now Luhan heard her sob, which made his heart pained along with hers.

 

“That is all… I am asking for.”

 

The singing stopped, and Luhan saw the girl looking down to the cat, letting the drops of tears fall to its fur. She seemed as if she was in pain, and it touched Luhan’s heart to its core. He wanted to reach her, to hug her, and tell her, that things were going to be okay. He wanted to console her, to calm her, and tell her, that he was there for her.

However, things decided to happen the other way.

“Kim Min Ah! Don’t you want to come home with me? Hurry up!” shouted another girl from afar, who most likely did not see the tears on the girl’s face. It woken up the cat, which made it crawl its way further from the tree. Luhan wondered whom that auburn- haired girl was calling, but he saw his girl standing up, wiping the tears left on her cheeks. “I-I’m coming, Jisook!”

Luhan had his breath hitched the moment he saw her walking away. As the wind crossed by, she was already gone from his sight. The image of her smiling face, her tearing eyes, and her sweetest smile remained in the deer- eyed boy’s mind.

Why was she crying? Why was she in pain?

Luhan found himself out of his conscious mind thinking for what was worse for that girl to cry so much. However, when he thought about seeing her, he thanked God for whatever just happened. Even though he never managed to talk to her, hug her, or console her, Luhan knew one absolute thing – the thing he wanted to know for so long.

Kim Min Ah.

“Kim Min Ah. Kim. Min. Ah. Kim Min Ah,” he repeatedly mentioned the black- haired girl’s name and he grinned every time he did so. Maybe he should be happy today, because he finally knew her name. Alternatively, maybe, he should be sad as well because for the first time ever, he saw his girl shed tears.

Nevertheless, will I ever see her again?

Walking back to the stairs, Luhan took his big books with him; his eyes stared into the sky. He never seemed to like staring at the nature so much, not since she did. Now that he was looking at it, he never thought that the nature could have looked so beautiful, just like her.

Am I falling in love? Luhan asked himself, but there came the wind flying through the early winter’s air, kissing the bare skin of his, making the boy shuddered at the cold.

Maybe I am. He thought, smiling along with it. The evening never had been sweeter, or worse, but Luhan swore one thing for sure,

“Kim Min Ah. Kim. Min. Ah. Kim Min Ah.”

He was in love.

e n d  o f  c h a p t e r  f i v e

 

/HIDES BEHIND KRIS AGAIN

omgomgomgomg i'm really sorry for not coming back and update this after so long. there's been a lot of work to do ever since i last updated, and not to mention the heavy exams i'm going thru ;-; /bowing endlessly

i'm really sorry but i love you guys (to those who still remains) so much and please, stay with me okay? much love from author-nim.

COMMENT REPLIES

smart-thing - Hi thereeeeeee. thank you so much for your prev comment, it really touches my heart ;-; i love you, really. Btw, kai doesn't actually know that luhan accidentally stabbed min-ah during the accident, so he might as well have thought luhan killed her, so yeah, poor luhan right? anyway, thanks for commenting again, much love from me <3

EBSGSF - HAHAHA sure! go slap them both! i can join you :3 anyway, it's not their fault actually, teeheeee (it's my fault for making them that way) anyway thanks for commenting! /big hugs <3

anaberu - awwwww thank you dear ;-; /tears of joy. i do hope you like this update and i'm so so so so sorry for not updating earlier, i hope you can keep up with me ;; thanks again <3

anggita - ikr? but don't worry, kai will know soon enough xD hehe and oh, thank you for subscribing and comment! i love you <3

Overall, that is it then :D Till the next chapter comes, have a good day. Bye ;)