Hidden Feelings

Nerd's Teen Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

[[ A/N: Hello, you beautiful people! ^^ I'm so so so SO sorry for being this slow but work and life has been stressful. I'm still trying though and I hope you will like this chapter ^^ Please, tell me your opinions, I always like hearing them ^^ I hope you will like it and won't be disappointed. I don't have much time but I didn't want to let you guys wait even longer. Excuse me if there are any mistakes and typos :') BUT, you are the best, guys! Thank you so much for suporting me and reading this. Also thank you for comments and up-votes, I appreciate them ^^
AND, since I'm here, I'm gonna recommend Ailee's new album Butterfly to you. Ailee is my bias in solo singers and she's so pretty, talented and down to earth! Her voice and songs are really amazing and right now she's having a hard time because her former company YM* is blocking her from appearing on any shows and such ;; and she doesn't deserve that! She's an angel ;; ugh, I'm sorry for this small rant but yes, I love her and wanted to recommend her music to you ^^
That's all! Thanks ^^ have a nice weekend ^^ ]]

 

 

 

 

“I'm really glad you decided to stop by, Minho. We all missed you very much.” Jinki said with warm smile while looking at his friend.


 

Minho has decided to visit Jinki although they had no business together. For now. The man thought that since he met Jonghyun, he should visit his other friend as well. And he was happy that he did because Jinki was still the same. Even after all those years, he was the same warm and dorky boy. Minho appreciated it very much. Even when they were younger, Jinki was always the one to light up the room with his presence. He was always the one giving advices and making all the people feel better. And Minho has missed that good energy when he was away.

The truth is that he wanted to visit his friend the day before but when he stopped in front of their house he got surprised by what he saw. Taemin was hugging some pretty boy, smiling at him warmly while saying goodbye. It looked like they were very close. Minho would evn dare to think of them as boyfriends which was sad because Taemin clearly told him he was single so was he lying to him? After witnessing the scene, Minho wasn't really in mood to visit the brothers. He wasn't really sad but he was disappointed. Okay, maybe he did feel small pang in his heart when he saw them hugging but the disappointment was bigger.


 

“I missed you guys, too. I met Jonghyun and Taemin a while ago and thought that it would be nice if I saw you, too. All three of us should hang out soon. Remind ourselves of old times.” Minho grinned and was rewarded with chuckle.


 

“Jonghyun mentioned that, yes. And he also had the same idea as you. But I agree, of course. It would be lovely to meet again and have fun. You want Taemin to tag along as well? Like old times?” Jinki sounded almost teasing and Minho had a hard time not to blush over his words.


 

“No. He's not a kid, anymore, Jinki. Besides, he might have plans.” Minho said and Jinki just laughed again.


 

“Minho, if you told Taemin you want him to tag along, he would cancel all his plans, you know that much. The boy missed you maybe even more than me and Jonghyun.”


 

This caught Minho's interest. “Really? You think so?” he hated how hopeful he sounded but this was Jinki, he didn't have to pretend anything.


 

No, Minho, don't be stupid. He shouldn't tag along. What if he will want his boyfriend to come, too? He thought to himself and almost immediately groaned over that thought. So what if he brought his boyfriend? What it was to Minho, anyway? They were friends, right?


 

“Please.” Jinki snorted, getting Minho's attention again. “My brother has had a crush on you since he was little. And you knew that!” he laughed but Minho only rolled his eyes.


 

“Hyung, he was just a kid back then. He liked me as a brother. It was Jonghyun's twisted mind which made you believe that your innocent LITTLE brother liked me more than that. God, he didn't even know what it means back then!” he said, rubbing his face seemingly tiredly.


 

The answer to that was only Jinki's laugh. “Minho! Are you even listening to yourself? He was.. what, 13? 14? How on the Earth was he a kid who didn't know what liking someone meant? I mean, yes, he was young and all. And I would never allow you to try something on him. I KNOW-” Jinki laughed when Minho wanted to protest. “I know, you wouldn't. I'm just saying. But yeah, he had a crush.”


 

Minho didn't know what to say. He would be lying if he said that it didn't make him happy but he couldn't just adit it, right? Jinki was Taemin's brother and his best friend. It would be weird. Not to mention that Minho wasn't even sure what he felt about it all.

So he opted the best way to dodge the topic.


 

“What kind of brother are you? Spilling your brother's secrets?!” he pretended to be upset but in the end, both of them just laughed.


 

And Minho has once again successfully avoided this matter.


 

That sly man.


 

“I'm done for today. You actually distracted me from all my work.” Jinki said and tried to sound angry but his expression said otherwise so Minho didn't take it seriously.


 

“I'm great like that, yeah.” he grinned and stood up from the chair, following Jinki.


 

“Yes, yes. You have always been. So what do you say, wanna come with me? We could have a dinner in my house. You, me, Taemin and we could call Jonghyun as well.”


 

The offer was so tempting that Minho didn't even have to think about it. “Of course! Sounds great.” he smiled widely, his big eyes almost disappearing.


 

“Brilliant. I'll inform the cook and you text Jonghyun. The man is better with texts than calls, you know him.” Jinki chuckled and pulled out his phone while they were walking out of the company.


 

“Well, he's a busy man.” Minho said, trying to sound like Jonghyun but only ended up chuckling as he took out his phone.


 


 

To: Mikey

Yo! Me, Jinki and Taemin are gonna have a dinner in their house. You in?


 


 

From: Mikey

Is that even a question?????? I'll be there!!!!!


 


 

“Jonghyun said yes.” Minho laughed and showed Jinki the text.


 

“You still have him saved as Mikey? I do, too.” Jinki chuckled and once they were in his car he started driving.


 

“Yes. We'll always be the Ninja Turtles.” Minho chuckled fondly.


 

He could still clearly remember the time they were playing around, giving themselves names by their favorite TV characters. And since their circle of friends was small but very close, they decided to name themselves by the Ninja Turtles whose characters actually even fitted their own in some way. As they grow up they stopped calling each other like that but their contact names stayed the same. Because they would never be ashamed of their childhood together. Nor their friendship.


 

“THAT is true.” Jinki agreed with grin and continued driving. “So, how does it feel? Being at home again?”


 

“It's great. I mean, it was nice there, as well. But this is my home. Where my people are.” Minho said honestly and could see Jinki's face softening.


 

“That's right. We're all here, so naturally, you belong here as well.”


 

“That was cheesy. Very cheesy. You've been hanging out with Jonghyun too much.” Minho teased but in fact, he was touched by those words.


 

Jinki only laughed softly and nodded in agreement. Jonghyun's cheesiness has been rubbing off on him, indeed.


 

Once they stopped in front of the Lee's house, both of them got out of the car and right into the house where they could smell the delicious food.

Minho noticed that even the house was the same. The Lee's house has always been warm and cozy despite being huge and Minho loved that. So seeing that it hasn't changed was great. Once he took off his shoes he followed Jinki into the kitchen where Taemin was helping the maids serve the food.


 

And the sight was beautiful in Minho's opinion.


 

Taemin was smiling warmly while putting plates on the table and he was assuring the maids that it's okay, he wanted to help. When Jinki spoke, maids looked up and bowed their heads while Taemin waved at them.


 

And Minho's heart fluttered because the boy was beautiful.


 

“I heard that you were coming, hyung, so I helped. I know that you like fruits so we cut them and prepared on the plate, look.” Taemin spoke to Minho, showing nicely cut apples, strawberries, bananas, oranges and watermelon.


 

“That's very nice of you, Minnie.” Minho smiled widely, walking toward the boy and ruffling his hair. “You have always taken such a good care of me.” he said, teasing the boy and he would be lying if he said he didn't like the pink color that adorned his cheeks in return to those words.


 

“Very funny, hyung. Very funny. Let's eat.” Taemin mumbled and walked toward the table, sitting next to his brother.


 

It didn't take long and another guest has entered the house. Jonghyun walked inside as if he was living there because old habits die hard but no one minded it. They were almost like a family so it was natural for them to feel so comfortable.


 

“This feels like good old times.” Jonghyun said happily (that soft puppy) as they sat behind the table and started eating.


 

“That's right. It's great to be back home.” Minho agreed and his eyes stayed on Taemin longer than on anyone else.


 

The younger boy didn't notice it, though because he was focused on cutting his meat. But he nodded his head in agreement to Minho's statement.


 

“So tell us..” Jinki started, “are you really staying for good?”


 

This question made Taemin to look up at Minho who was very pleased with the younger boy's attention. He smiled and nodded his head. “Yeah. Me and my parents decided that I could lead the company from here while they do it from the States. That way we will cover two states at once.” he said wisely but knew that it wouldn't work with his friends.


 

And he was right because Jonghyun laughed shortly. “Mhhm, mister charming is trying to impress us, huh? Just say it. You were begging them to let you come back here!”


 

Well, maybe it was something like that but he wasn't going to admit it in front of Taemin. No way. “I said, me and my parents decided it would be the best like this. Have you become deaf, Jonghyun?” he said slowly but the boys couldn't take each other seriously so Jinki and Jonghyun just chuckled while Taemin smiled fondly at the sight of them playing around again.


 

“Okay, okay.” Jinki, being the most serious one, saved the situation by speaking again. “It doens't matter how you came back. Just that you came.”


 

“Jinki is right. You know that I'm just happy you're back, right?” Jonghyun grinned and his pupy face was so cute that Minho couldn't be annoyed so he just chuckled.


 

“I missed this, anyway. I had no one to bicker with and talking to you guys by the phone was not satisfying enough.”


 

“Wait..” Taemin spoke for the first time. “You called them but didn't call me?” he asked, his voice so small that Minho's breath hitched.


 

Idiot! He scolded himself and immediately shook hands in front of him at the same time as his head. “No, Minnie. Wait, it wasn't like that.” he started in panic but got startled when Jinki and Jonghyun bursted out laughing.


 

“The little devil became so good at this, I swear. Look at Minho!” Jonghyun laughed and Minho look at him, confused.


 

Seeing that Jinki was laughing took he looked at Taemin who was grinning apologetically. “Sorry, hyung. I was just.. I was just kidding. I wanted to play along with you guys.” he said sheepishly and Minho could finally breathe again.


 

Taemin was not really hurt. He was only playing around. And now that Minho was relieved by that fact, he realized that Taemin has become even more perfect in his eyes. When he was younger, he never dared to joke like that. He was bubbly person but he was extremely shy. So seeing him like this was very nice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter