The World That Was Once Beyond The Reach

Nerd's Teen Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

It was finally a Friday. It was normal for people to feel excited about the end of the week but Kibum felt even more excited than the others. Why? Because his crush flirted with him the day before and the boy couldn't get over it. He felt incredibly lucky and happy. Even though he knew that Hyunjoong could be a jerk from what he said about Taemin but he could also be nice. He apologized to Kibum, after all.

Okay, so maybe Kibum did like the fact that he told him he looked good too much. So sue him.


 

He entered the school with a jump in his steps. He was aware that he might have looked stupid but no one really paid him an attention so why should he care? He was just in a good mood and he was also ready to talk to his crush today. No more shyness, no more doubts. He will simply walk up to him and talk to him. They are not a complete strangers anymore, right?


 

The boy was really determined to make the talk happen so when he saw Hyunjoong not far from him he grinned. He heard Taemin's greeting and he greeted him back, of course, but he told him that he'll be right back and started walking toward the 'king' of their school. Hyunjoong didn't notice him as always but Kibum didn't let it to get to him. He walked up to his crush and smiled at him prettily.


 

“Hey, Hyunjoong.” he said and had to congratulate himself for not stuttering because he still was nervous around the boy.


 

Hyunjoong looked at him when he heard him but his only reaction was to raise his eyebrows in confusion. The boy looked around and saw that the group of his friends were coming to them and they were looking at him weirdly for talking to the nerd. And it made him cringe. He would never willingly talk to the nerd boy, after all. He looked back at Kibum and gave him a pointed look which showed that he had no intention of talking to him so he should just leave.


 

And Kibum felt lost for a moment. W-what is this? But we.. we talked yesterday, he thought while biting his lip. This was an ugly feeling. It was even worse than the feeling he had when Hyunjoong didn't talk to him in the past. But back then, Kibum understood because they never talked. But why wouldn't the boy talk to him now?

Frowning slightly, the boy parted his lips to speak but Hyunjoong's friends reached them in that moment.


 

“Yo, man. What are you doing here with the nerd?” one of the boys asked and Kibum glared at him.


 

“What the ? You think I'm here with him?” Hyunjoong said arrogantly and Kibum's head snapped back at him.


 

What the hell?? Did he really say that?? Kibum was hurt. Very hurt, actually. Because hearing ugly things from people was one thing. That, he could ignore. But hearing it from his crush, the boy whom he spent time with recently, hurt a lot. He felt like he was being used and ridiculed by the boy. And it made him sad but also angry.


 

“Yes, that's right. Oppa would never talk to the nerd.” an annoying female said with roll of her eyes and Kibum really wanted to just tell her off.


 

“Exactly. Yah, trash. Who do you think you are to annoy our oppa like this?” another female who looked like a wrongly made barbie called him out and Kibum almost laughed at how funny her voice was.


 

“Excuse me?” he snorted, saddened amused by the situation he was in.


 

“You heard. You have no right to talk to Hyunjoong. Stop annoying him and get lost.” one of Hyunjoong's male friends said and the feline boy has had enough.


 

He was much better than all of them so who were they to tell him things like that? And that jerk just stood there and let them insult him while the day before he was saying how beautiful he was. , he growled internally before he looked at the boy who spoke to him.


 

“Well, for your information. I am the one who's saving your dear king's so he won't get kicked out of his precious team. But you're right. I'm wasting my time here. So you-” Kibum turned his head toward his crush, “better find a new tutor. Maybe one of these brainless idiots will be able to teach you something.” he finished and didn't even wait for any reaction, he just turned around and walked away.


 

He couldn't help it. He might have looked weak and nerdish but he would never let people to talk him down. He had his pride and his iness always came out when people made him angry.


 

Hyunjoong, on the other hand, just became attracted to Kibum once again. It was this sass and confidence he liked about the nerd. Because he knew that no matter how sassy he is, Hyunjoong could turn him into stuttering and blushing mess. It happened before, after all. But that was all. He only wanted to ruin Kibum. Play with him, get some reactions out of him and then just not to acknowledge him. He watched how his friends started to curse at the boy who didn't even acknowledge it while walking away and he almost laughed. Almost.


 

Taemin, who has been watching the exchange between his bestfriend and those jerks couldn't stop grinning. This was his bestfriend. Not the shy mess he turned into whenever he saw Hyunjoong. No. This boy was. Although Taemin was angry for how those people treated him he was also glad that it opened Kibum's eyes. Hyunjoong was a jerk and he wouldn't just change. Taemin knew him well enough to know that.


 

Once Kibum was close enough Taemin just grinned wider (if that was even possible) and was about to say something when Kibum lifted his hand. “DON'T- say anything.” he warned his bestfriend and pulled him along to head to the classroom.


 

Taemin just chuckled but did what Kibum wanted – he stayed silent. However, Kibum obviously couldn't stay silent because the next thing Taemin knew was his bestfriend groaning.


 

“God, he's such an .”


 

“Yup! And you were SO cool.” the younger boy gave him thumbs up with that dorky smile and although Kibum was feeling like crap, this made him chuckle.


 

Leave it to his dear friend to make him feel better.


 


 


 

The day was going too slowly for everyone because they were excited for the weekend. But for Kibum, it was the longest day ever. All the rich kids have been talking about him and throwing him glares (which he gladly returned if he did notice it) and it was the first time in high school that this happened. It wasn't like he really cared but it was annoying to always have someone looking at him and whispering as if they couldn't just confront him about it.


 

But fortunately, right after the school ended, him and Taemin went to Taemin's house. The younger boy offered to feed him and distract him from all the buzz from school. And who was Kibum to decline a free food?

He felt at home when they sat comfortably on a couch with plates in their laps and they started eating.


 

“So.. you wanna talk about it?” Taemin asked casually as he took a bite from his chicken.


 

Kibum looked up and tilted his head while chewing. “About what?”


 

“Come on..” he rolled his eyes playfully. “About what happened at school, obviously.”


 

The feline boy just shrugged. He felt bitter, of course, and also sad but he realized that he couldn't let it bring him down. “There's nothing to talk about.” he said quietly and kept eating slowly.


 

But Taemin could hear it in his voice. He could hear how it was eating him and how saddened he was by the whole incident. “Well.. Something must have happened for you to think that Hyunjoong would talk to you.” he said carefully, in low voice and that seemed to trigger something within Kibum because he sighed loudly and closed his eyes.


 

“Why? Why did something have to happen for me to talk to him? Because he never talks to me?” Kibum was frustrated but Taemin knew that it wasn't aimed at him.


 

“Because he's a jerk, of course.” Taemin snorted and Kibum chuckled shortly, humourlessly.


 

“He is. Such an , really. First, he barely pays attention when I tutor him, then disappears as soon as we finish, leaving me alone in the living room. Then he asks me to come over and then doesn't pay attention again but when I ask if we should stop he just freaking flirts with me! And then? What happens then? I decide to finally greet him at school and that jerk talks as if I was some kind of dirt on his shoe? ing prick.” he let everything out, even cursing much more than usually and it left Taemin with open mouth.


 

“Wait. Wait. HE DID WHAT??” Taemin almost jumped off the couch but the food on his lap stopped him. “That jerk did what???” he asked angrily and that was all Kibum needed to start laughing.


 

Taemin's angry moment never failed to make him laugh because with Taemin's pretty baby face it always looked like a child throwing a tantrum. And the boy already knew that so he never even bothered to become mad at him.


 

“Which part of it do you mean?” Kibum asked with chuckle but that didn't change Taemin's expression.


 

“Every part of it, actually. He dared to leave you alone in their house??? Ditch you just like that? And then he had the nerve to flirt with you? Like, what the hell, dude?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter