Jonghyun

Nerd's Teen Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Another meeting has ended and I could finally sit down in my office and have a break. Nobody has ever told me that working in our company will be this tiring. Well, I never asked so I guess it's also my fault. But even though I was mostly tired I still liked my work. I enjoyed the power I had. The power to make people happy if I make a successful deal or if our company launches another game which people would enjoy. It wasn't exactly my dream job since I have dreamt about something more artistic but after I have started working it got under my skin and started making me happy.


 

I closed my eyes and leaned backwards against my chair. Aaah, this silence. This I like. I wasn't happy for too long though because someone knocked on my door and when I looked up I knew that I had to work again. I need a vacation. Sighing, I smiled softly at my guest and straightened in my seat.

And another work related discussion was started.


 


 


 


 

When I finally got home I was tired and hungry. The house was empty as usually and I could only sigh and shake my head. Ever since our parents started the business they never time for me and my brother. We were young, only kids, but there were always nannies or maids taking care of us. We barely saw our parents and there was a time when we hated the huge house we were living in because it was always so empty, cold and silent. I still felt that way, even now. But Hyunjoong got used to it quickly. He loved the money and didn't the lack of parental love or guidance. He was a brat but both of us were taught manners and how to act in front of people so many people were charmed by my younger brother. I didn't really approve of the way he lived – the way he didn't care about the school and how he dated different person every month or two. But my opinion wasn't important. Our parents didn't care since he stayed out of trouble and always got good grades enough to pass.


 

“Mr. Kim, welcome home.” I was pulled out of my thoughts by one of our maids.


 

“Thank you, noona. I hope you cooked something delicious. And I told you you should call me just Jonghyun, you know.” I grinned at her and she chuckled warmly, nodding her head.


 

“Of course. Come sit down, I'll heat it for you. And you know I can't, your parents are very strict about it. I like you a lot but I need this job.” she smiled kindly at me and I knew that she was right.


 

Our parents didn't want maids to call us by names and they would fire anyone who did it. I wouldn't be able to do anything about it because in the end, this was still their house. At least that's what they always tell me when we fight about something. It was getting annoying.


 

Just as I was about to eat the delicious smelling stew, another maid came to the kitchen and bowed her head.


 

“Mr. Kim, your brother's tutor is here but he's not at home. What should I do, sir?”


 

“Tutor?” I had no idea that Hyunjoong had a tutor or that they would have a session today.


 

“Yes, sir. He's waiting in the living room.”


 

“Okay, I'll handle it. Thank you.” Standing up from my seat I looked longingly at my food before I sighed and walked to the living room.


 

Was Hyunjoong really that bad that he needed a tutor? I wonder what he's failing. Damn it, that brat.

I was internally cursing at my brother when I walked to the room but got totally startled when a boy (yes, boy) almost jumped to his feet.

And he was beautiful. So beautiful with those expressive eyes and plump lips. What the hell, Jonghyun! The boy bowed and smiled and man, his smile was even more beautiful. I heard that he greeted me but for a moment I was just too busy admiring him to really react. This was no usual tutor. This must have been one of Hyunjoongs friends or classmates and I was almost envious. My brother was lucky to be with people like this boy. Talk, Jonghyun, talk.


 

“Hello. So.. you're the tutor?” I asked and tried to sound calm and soothing although I was anything but that.


 

I wasn't usually like this. I'm a businessman and I know how to charm people, how to talk to them but this boy simply surprised me. In my own house. His voice wasn't as soft as I imagined although I guess that now when I looked at him, it suited him more. I wouldn't change anything about him.


 

“I-.. yes. I'm Kibum, sir.”


 

Sir? I couldn't help but chuckle over that. It was obvious that he was trying to be polite and it was adorable but calling me sir was too much for me. People called me that all the time but from this boy, it made me feel weird. Old maybe? It made it look like I was unreachable for him. And somehow, I didn't want that. I wanted him to feel comfortable. Especially if it was my brother's friend.

Or at least that's what I was trying to make myself believe.


 

“No need to call me sir. I'm only 25.” I grinned slightly and finally got strength to move close to him. Oh, he's slightly taller than me. It should have made me feel embarrassed because I was the older one but strangely, it just made the boy more attractive. “Nice to meet you, Kibum.” I said, trying how the name sounded from my lips as I extended my hand toward him. I still knew manners, you know. “I'm Jonghyun, Hyunjoong's brother.”


 

I could see it clearly – the shock on his face. So he didn't know about me? I guess that Hyunjoong didn't really talk about me or our family in general. I bet that he only mentioned how wealthy he is, that brat. Don't get me wrong, I still liked brother. He was my brother, after all. But he was annoying most of the time.

I gave Kibum time to let the information sink. The poor boy looked really surprised. And was that guilt I spotted in his eyes? Why would he feel guilty? After a moment he finally smiled and shook my hand. His hand was surprisingly soft and slightly smaller than mine. Not in the meaning that it was girly or something, it just fit nicely with mine.


 

“Nice to meet you, too.” And there it was. That voice again. I think that I will never forget that voice.

Okay, maybe that was overreacting but the point is the same. This boy was just very nice. I couldn't believe that Hyunjoong never invited him over like he did all his friends.


 

After the handshake I pointed on a couch and we both sat down. I realized that Kibum actually didn't come for me but for my brother and I almost facepalmed.


 

“I'll call my brother. He's not at home yet, sorry.” I smiled softly and after Kibum said that it was okay I dialed my brother's number.


 

“What is it?” Hyunjoong pi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter