Adorable Nerd

Nerd's Teen Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

[[ A/N: Hello! It's the weekend and although I didn't have much time to write I didn't want to disappoint you and let you wait for a long time so here is new chapter. I smiled a lot while writing this So I hope that you will like it, too. Excuse me for any mistakes or typos, I'm not reading over it because I don't have enough time to do that ;; Still, please comment and let me know what you think of this? ^^ THANK YOU ALL for your comments and up-votes. It means a lot to me. You're the sweetest ^^
P.S. - I'm thinking of kinda rewriting the Baekhyun's POV chapter because it keeps bothering me so maybe when I will have time, I will do it. That's all! Enjoy ^^ ]]

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kibum was getting ready for school when his phone dinged, indicating a new message. The boy thought that it was one of his friends so he got very surprised when he saw that it was no one else than Jonghyun, the charming man.


 


 

From: Jonghyun

Morning! Well, I hope that I didn't wake you up? I just thought that since even my brother is awake at this time, so would you ^^


 


 

Kibum had to chuckle because he could literally see and hear the man. How he was rambling and making all those adorable expressions. Yes, he has admitted to himself that Jonghyun was adorable, indeed. Apart from beign charming and responsible man, he was also very cute. And he was nice, too.

He looked genuinely interested in being Kibum's friend and he was happy for that. It wasn't very often that someone so nice, handsome AND successful wanted to be his friend.


 

That's why he was more than happy to reply to his text. And , of course.

The boy had no idea how he was so brave and relaxed to tease the man but he enjoyed it. THIS was who he was. And not the stuttering mess he turned to be while being with Hyunjoong.


 


 

To: Jonghyun

I'm not talking to you -_-


 

From: Jonghyun

What? Why! Did I really wake you up? :(


 


 

Kibum had to laugh as he sat down on the bed because he could imagine that sad face. Jonghyun was really easy to tease.


 


 

To: Jonghyun

No. But you didn't text me yesterday! Do you know how worried I was that you got lost?


 

From: Jonghyun

….............

From: Jonghyun

You did not just tease me through the text, young man! I'm a hard working man you know!


 


 

Laughing heartily, Kibum fell on his back and shook his head. The man was so funny.


 


 

To: Jonghyun

I can see that! Since you have time to text me :D


 

From: Jonghyun

That's, it, I'm not talking to you -_- You don't appreciate my friendship.


 

To: Jonghyun

Aww, I do! Really! O:)


 


 

Kibum was never a fan of emojis and emoticons but with Jonghyun they came out naturally.


 

The boy waited for 5 minutes for a reply and when none came he became worried that he went too far with his teasing. They didn't know each other too well, after all. The guilt started to eat him so he did something that he saw as the only solution. He texted him again.


 


 

To: Jonghyun

Are you mad? I'm sorry! I didn't want to upset you :(


 


 

And he waited for another 10 minutes for a reply but in vain. No message came. And he would continue waititng if his mom didn't kindly remind him that he had to go to school. That's when he decided to send the man the last message.


 


 

To: Jonghyun

Don't be mad, please? I won't ever tease you, I promise ;;


 


 

And then he took his things and headed to school. His mind was full of worries and full of Jonghyun so he didn't even notice that he passed by his crush in the hall. That was the first time ever because usually, he would get the feeling even before he actually saw the boy and now he didn't even notice him while passing by him.


 

Kibum's friends noticed that he was kind of weird, always looking at his phone but when they asked him about it, he just said that he was waiting for some news on the internet. And that when he hears it he will tell them immediately. The boys found it weird but didn't question him about it anymore.

Kibum would like to say that he was okay with Jonghyun not responding but he wasn't. He knew that he was too distracted the first class because he didn't even hear one word from the teacher. He saw that the lady was talking but his mind was just too preoccupied with something – or someone – else.


 

It was the middle of the second period when his phone buzzed. Thank god he didn't forget and put his phone on silent in the morning. He nervously bit his lip and slowly opened the text he received.


 


 

From: Jonghyun

Oh god, I'm so sorry, Kibum! I wasn't really mad but I got really busy with meeting and everything and I didn't really have a chance to look at my phone. Don't worry, I'm not mad ^^


 

From: Jonghyun

Oh, but that 'no teasing' sounds SO good! I'll take your promise ;D


 


 

The relief that came crushing on Kibum's whole body was literally noticeable. His whole body slumped on his seat and he breathed out quite loudly. Taemin looked at him questionably but Kibum just grinned and shook his head. 'Later' he mouthed at his best friend because he decided that he COULD tell Taemin about being Jonghyun's friend. Kibum was sure that Taemin knew the man as well, since their families were really close so the boy ought to know that Jonghyun was friendly.

The feline-like boy looked at his phone and this time he had to bite his lip to stop himself from chuckling. Now that he knew that Jonghyun wasn't mad he was feeling much better and much more confident. He was wondering if it was okay to just jump back at the teasing after those hours he spent worrying that he had upset his.. friend. However, while reading Jonghyun's message, he decided that he should try his luck. The man didn't look like someone who would get offended by some messages.


 


 

To: Jonghyun

Wait, but the 'no teasing' was meant only in case you were mad! I'm not promising anything if you weren't upset------


 


 

From: Jonghyun

You can't go back on your word! :O


 


 

To: Jonghyun

Watch me~ O:)


 

To: Jonghyun

Besides! You made me feel like ;; I thought that you were really mad and I couldn't focus on my classes ;;


 


 

There! Two could play that game, right? Jonghyun should feel sorry for not keeping track on messages. Well, technically, he did warn Kibum that he might not be able to reply to his texts but the boy hoped that he wouldn't remember that. Maybe he was being selfish and even rude, because Jonghyun was really busy adult but it was hard to see him like that when he was so adorable.

Little did he know that the man has thought the same about him.


 


 

From: Jonghyun

GASPS! Why are you cursing! It doesn't suit you -_- However.. I guess that I should have been more careful, sorryyy ;;


 


 

I still got this, damn it, Kibum thought to himself and chuckled, earning himself an attention from some of his classmates. They scoffed and shook their heads, saying something about 'nerd having fun in a class'. They probably thought that he was chuckling from the enjoyment from the class. What a joke. Even though Kibum enjoyed studying and was good at it, he never really liked the way teachers were carrying their classes.

He shook his head and turned his attention to his phone again.


 


 

To: Jonghyun

I curse when I feel like it- Why, you wanna tell me not to do it? O.o


 

To: Jonghyun

Well, I will maybe forgive you if you make it up to me! Kkk


 


 

From: Jonghyun

Pffft, no way! It's your personal choice, no one should tell you what to do. I'm just saying! Haha


 

From: Jonghyun

Hmm.. so make it up to you, you say? And how would you like it, your majesty? O:)


 


 

Kibum choke on the air because of how suggestive Jonghyun's last words sounded. Oh, sweet Jesus, he thought, coughing and covering his mouth because he involuntarily imagined things he would never think of. It wasn't that hard to think of it when someone like Hyunjoong's brother (read handsome as hell) said suggestive words like that.


 

“Kibum, is there something you would like to share with the class?” the teacher frowned when he noticed that Kibum has interrupted his speech.


 

The boy wasn't used to be called out in front of the class but he didn't really get embarrassed for that. THAT was something he got from Taemin. He smiled apologetically and shook his head.


 

“No, I'm sorry. I just choked on the water I was drinking.” he lied smoothly and although others in the class believed him, Kibum felt how Taemin was looking at him. And when he looked at him he saw that the boy was amused because he saw right through his lie. They weren't best friends for nothing.


 

The teacher bought his excuse and nodded his head before he went on with his lecture. Kibum bit his lip and looked at his phone, wondering how should he reply. It was normal between friends to play around like this but he wasn't used to it. Because his friends were dorks and they rarely used something like this on each other. He has heard them make these suggestive jokes to other people but never between themselves because for them, as well as him, it was weird. But with Jonghyun.. they weren't really as close so he guessed that it was okay to play around. He didn't feel awkward when he thought of teasing the man back.


 


 

To: Jonghyun

Hyung.. this is too fast /.\


 


 

Kibum had a hard time to hold his laughter in because he could literally imagine Jonghyun's flustered face when he read that message and would understand what that meant. The man didn't look like someone submissive, no, but he got adorably flustered when he got uncertain about things he would say.

And Kibum was right. Because when his phone beeped the next time, the words he read were screaming 'flustered'.


 


 

From: Jonghyun

Oh, ! NO! I didn't mean it like that! I mean, not that I wouldn't- I mean! Look, it came out wrong. I wasn't suggesting anything! ;;;;;;;;


 


 

The student was saved by the bell because just as he bursted out laughing, the bell started ringing so most of his laughter was tuned out by the shrill sound.

However, Taemin noticed it and walked straight to his best friend.


 

“Okay, so what is all this about?” he asked curiously while gesturing to Kibum's laughing figure.


 

“It's just..” Kibum chuckled and then grinned. “I'll tell you later, okay? When we're alone? It's kind of long story.” Okay, it wasn't a long story but he knew that Taemin would get pissed at Hyunjoong so he wanted them to be away from school.


 

“Deal. It must be a good thing though, since you're all smiles and laughs.” Taemin grinned and Kibum nodded, returning that grin.


 

“It is. I guess.”


 

They walked together to their next class where they met Baekhyun and Luhan as well. They talked during the break and when the class started Kibum secretly pulled out his phone again, unknowingly missing the fact that Hyunjoong was sitting just two seats from him. Any other day, he would internally freak out and would try to get his crush to look at him but not today. Today, he had his brother on his mind.


 


 

To: Jonghyun

HAHAHAHA! You are so easy to tease, Jonghyun! :D I was just kidding, don't worry ^^ but well, it DID sound suggestive. You're lucky I'm not touchy about this. And well, you can make it up to me once I come over with Hyunjoong. Surprise me ;)


 


 

He didn't know where the hell came that winking emoji from. He was not the type to use these things and he would never want to sound as suggestive or cheesy as he did now. But it was like he thought – texting with Jonghyun was very easy. He wasn't very sure how he would face the man later that day but for now, he enjoyed this.


 

When he thought about the tutoring, he suddenly realized that he would meet his crush again. Today, he almost gasped and looked around himself suddenly. He totally forgot to check if his crush was in the class that day! He didn't understand (or well, didn't want to understand) how it could happen. He has never failed to track Hyunjoong down. So how could it happen today???


 

His eyes landed on a perfection of a boy two seats from him and he felt his heart skip a beat. And he grew nervous again. Hyunjoong wasn't even looking at him and yet he felt nervous. Is it because I like him? Because he is too perfect for me? He thought to himself and almost groaned over that thought. Hyunjoong wasn't perfect and he knew that. Because he could be a jerk. For example, when he insulted Taemin or when he ditched him or.. Well, there were many reasons. But then, he remembered how he smiled at him sheepishly and he was so cute. Or how he apologized.. And he was back at the first stage. Hyunjoong wasn't anything like his brother but Kibum has been crushing on him for far too long to just give up on him. The boy believed that there was much more to Hyunjoong than anyone else saw.


 

And he wanted to be the one to discover it.


 


 


 


 


 

It was finally the end of all classes and Kibum said goodbye to his friends because he thought that he would actually walk home with Hyunjoong. Since the boy said it like that. So when he exited the school building and found his crush he nervously walked up to him, smiling sheepishly.


 

“Hi.” he said and Hyunjoong looked surprised by his approach so he continued. “Shall we go now?”


 

Hyunjoong looked around them and when he spotted his friends who were giving him weird looks he cleared his throat. “I'm not going home just yet because I have to stop by somewhere but you can come to my house in an hour. I should be home by then.” he said but Kibum could see the lie for the first time.


 

He could see how uncomfortable the boy felt. He didn't wanted to be seen with the nerd. Pfft, what did you expect, you idiot? He scoffed internally but didn't let it show on his face. Instead, he hummed and smiled slightly. “It's okay. At least I'll have a chance to change my clothes. See you then.” he said and without waiting for a reply he left.


 

He would lie if he said that he wasn't disappointed but he knew a long time ago that he shouldn't expect anything else. Hyunjoong was still the most popular guy and he was still the nerd.

Sighing, he came home and changed his clothes. He knew that going to Hyunjoong's house will take him another half an hour of walk so he just drank some water and left his house again. He didn't mind walking such a long distance but it took him even longer than usually. And all that just because of a bitter disappointment he felt.


 

Once he came to the house, he was greeted by their maids again and he was led to the living room where Hyunjoong was already waiting for him. Stop by somewhere, what a joke, he thought to himself because there was no way that Hyunjoong would be at home so soon and even looking so comfortable, waiting for him.


 

They greeted each other and started studying right a way. His crush was able to focus on their session for exactly one hour b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter