Kibum

Nerd's Teen Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Standing in front of my full length mirror I adjusted my school uniform before nodding at myself. I guess that some people called me nerd because I liked studying and I was one of the top students but no one could call me ugly. They never did. But on the other hand, maybe they never looked at me long enough to really notice how I look. They just know me as the nerd kid with top grades.

But I liked myself. As weird as it sounded, I was satisfied with my life and the way I looked. My skin was smooth and so was my hair, my body wasn't bad either and my friends said I have a cat-like eyes. People I knew said that I look good. So I often wondered.. if I looked good, why couldn't I get myself a boyfriend? Why couldn't I get a boy I've had a crush on ever since I've seen him for the first time?


 

Sighing, I shook my head and took my school bag before I headed out of the room and the house. Thinking about boys always reminded me how painfully single I really was. People would think that it's because I was gay, but that's not true. More and more people have come out of closet during past years and the world wasn't as closed-minded about homouality as it was before. The real problem was a society I lived in. People were divided into groups of popular, rich people and people who were not rich enough to be popular or noticed at all. Unfortunately, I belonged to the latter group. I wasn't really poor but just not rich enough. And another problem was that I already had a crush on someone. Jjong was very handsome and popular guy. One that you would see in movies. He was very nice and always smiling at people who were close to him. He always greeted people and was polite to everyone. To everyone he deemed worth of his attention, of course. And that excluded me. When I saw Jjong for the first time, my heart was beating crazy and I felt how I blushed because he smiled at me handsomely. He even greeted me first! However, as days went by and people told him who I am, he just didn't care to give me attention anymore. Not even greeting, not even one glance. As if I was just an air, he never saw me. No matter how many times I passed by his desk or tried to greet him, he never noticed. That, however, didn't make me like him less because he was still perfect in my eyes. Still the same polite and nice, handsome guy I have seen before. And my face still flushed when I saw him. My friends said that it's just a face obssession and called me shallow. Pft, as if they knew how nice Jjong really was. Of course I knew they didn't mean it in a rude way. They were just worried about me because they knew I would never be able to date the guy I wanted but they often called him jerk and I didn't see him that way. “Yes, because you just see what you want to see.” Baekhyun would tell me and Taemin agreed with him. I didn't think so. Maybe they just didn't see how good he really was. Well, they didn't have to. I wasn't going to change my opinion anyway.


 

“Heyy, Kibum.” Taemin greeted me with that pretty smile of his and I could only smile back.


 

“Hey, Tae. You ready for the quiz?” I grinned at him and he chuckled right a way.


 

“Of course I am. I'm the top student, after all.” he winked and we both laughed when Baekhyun joined us and groaned lowly.


 

“This quiz will kill me. Why are you both smiling like there was nothing wrong?” he squinted his eyes at us before scoffing. “OF course. You have nothing to stress about. Nerds.” he said but it didn't sound hateful when it came from him.


 

“Well, if you studied, you would be prepared.” Taemin shrugged and then laughed when Baekhyun almost tackled him to the ground.


 

“Yah. I have a life. And a boyfriend who wanted to come over. I had no time. Besides! Studying is very hard for me, you know?”


 

“Yeah, yeah. Your boyfriend is ruining you. Besides!” Taemin imitated Baekhyun's words. “You have friends who are very good at studying, you fool. You should have asked for help.”


 

Baekhyun gasped playfully. “My boyfriend is my future!”


 

At that, Taemin only laughed and started saying something but I wasn't listening. Not anymore, because my eyes saw someone more interesting to watch and focus on. Jjong was walking slowly in our direction and he was as handsome as ever. His brown bangs falling softly along the frame of his face and his lips pulled into one of those soft smiles that made my heart flutter.

I felt my face heating right a way, I had no idea why it always happened but it did and I couldn't help it. He was getting closer to me and my friends who were bickering but his eyes didn't land on us. Not even for a second and I felt disappointment filling me. I should do something, I thought and bit my lip slightly. My palms became clammy and I almost lost my books but I tried to act calm when he was only three or four steps in front of us. Come on, Kibum, do something!


 

“Hi.” I said and my lips felt numb, as if they didn't even move properly.


 

But the greeting never came back to me. He had to hear me, he was only small distance away from me, but he decided to ignore it. And with that, my heart was squeezed painfully. I didn't even notice that Baekhyun and Taemin fell silent until I felt Baekhyun's left and Taemin's right arm wrap around my shoulders as we walked.


 

“You're doing this again?” Baekhyun chuckled softly but the pat I felt on my back told me he was just trying to cheer me up.


 

“He's jerk, hyung. Stop chasing him.” Taemin said with hidden anger in his voice.


 

“Guys, I'm used to it. It's okay.” I chuckled but all of us knew that each time Jjong ignored me, my heart broke a little.


 

“You shouldn't be used to it, though. Why don't you pick someone else?” Taemin huffed and all I could do was to ruffle his hair.


 

He was a sweet boy and I was proud and happy to call him my friend. He was always worried about me and I appreciated that but there was something weird about his strong dislike for my crush. It was like Jjong angered him somehow and Taemin couldn't forgive him. But they didn't know each other so it didn't make any sense and I was confused.


 

“Because he's very-” I started but Baekhyun interrupted me.


 

“Handsome?”


 

“-nice. I meant nice.” I said and sighed when Taemin muttered. “Nice, my .”


 

“You just don't know him.” I said and looked at both of them almost pleadingly because they shouldn't be talking like this about Jjong.


 

“You know, maybe you are the one who doesn't know him, hyung.” Taemin said and walked away.


 

I didn't know if I said something wrong but Taemin looked hurt and angry. I just didn't know so I looked at Baekhyun for an explanation. He rubbed his nape and gave me sheepish smile.


 

“You should talk to him yourself. You always defend your crush and I guess he's worried. Don't worry. I'm sure you'll understand once you two talk.” he said and pulled me to the classroom so we wouldn't be late.


 

It was weird. I had a feeling that Taemin was hiding something from me but I didn't know if I should pry. If he hasn't told me that meant he didn't want to, right? I didn't really know what to do but Baekhyun's words have been on my mind even during the quiz we were taking and it did no good to me because I wrote wrong answers for some questions and lost points. I guess that if people cared enough to listen to the teacher they would be surprised that I didn't score as much points as I do usually. But no one cared about nerds. Not one popular person in our classroom cared about ME.

I was too distracted to listen properly but when Jjong's name was called, I focused again and looked at the teacher.


 

“You have the lowest score again. If you fail this class again, I will have to have you taken out of the football team.” the teacher said and I widened my eyes. It was very well known that Jjong loved football.


 

“What? You can't do that!” he said and my eyes automatically found him.


 

I felt bed for him, of course. I knew how much he loved to play and threatening him like this was unfair. Or maybe I was just biased because usually, I would agree with the teacher about things like this.


 

“I can and I will if you won't improve. Taemin, as the top student will tutor you.”


 

I gasped silently and looked at my friend who looked shocked for a while but then resentment filled his eyes and he scoffed lowly. And in that moment, I actually felt envious. Jealous even. Because why did it have to be Taemin? He'll get to spend time with Jjong, instead of me.


 

“I won't. I'm sorry Mrs. Lee but I don't want to tutor him. I have a lot to study on my own.” Taemin said and I have never heard him sound so cold.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter