Taemin

Nerd's Teen Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

When I woke up this morning I felt great. I had a feeling that it will be amazing day despite the things we had to do at school. School wasn't hard for me at all, I just needed to listen to teacher's lecture and then do homework at home. And violà, I could remain as the top student. I didn't care that people talked badly about me or made fun of me. Why should I care about them? They are insignificant in my life anyway. I was fine with having few close friends and their opinion was the only one that mattered.


 

When I spotted Kibum once I came to school my mood was even better. This boy is amazing, I tell you.


 

“Heyy, Kibum.” I smiled at him and we kept walking slowly.


 

“Hey, Tae. You ready for the quiz?” Good one, Kibum, good one.


 

I couldn't help but chuckle and wink as I spoke. “Of course I am. I'm the top student, after all.”


 

We laughed right a way and when Baekhyun joined us I knew he wasn't feeling as energetic as we. His expression said it all.


 

“This quiz will kill me. Why are you both smiling like there was nothing wrong?” he narrowed his eyes. “OF course. You have nothing to stress about.” He scoffed and then spat his favorite word for teasing us. “Nerds.”


 

“Well, if you studied, you would be prepared.” I shrugged and not even a minute after I felt his arm around my neck as he trapped me and pulled me down.


 

I really liked this playful side of him but I still tried to escape from him. Ugh, for a petite boy he is kinda strong.


 

“Yah. I have a life. And a boyfriend who wanted to come over. I had no time. Besides! Studying is very hard for me, you know?”


 

Yeah, a boyfriend I really dislike. Well, what? He was weird and rude, okay? I had my reasons. He finally let me go and I could stand up properly, straightening my clothes. “Yeah, yeah. Your boyfriend is ruining you. Besides!” I quoted him. “You have friends who are very good at studying, you fool. You should have asked for help.” I didn't really understand his logic sometimes.


 

Baekhyun gasped and dramatically put hands on his chest. “My boyfriend is my future!”


 

This made me laugh so hard. He was even more dramatic than Kibum! Okay, sometimes. Kibum was ultimate winner in this. Without doubt.


 

I nudged his side, shaking my head over the thought of it being true. “You are unbelievable. Baek, I have seen your boyfriend. With and without you. There is no way that guy can be your future.”


 

“Oh please, talk for yourself, okay? We have a bright future in front of us.” I don't know if he wanted to make me believe it but he failed. God, he sounded so awkward!


 

I could only laugh again, holding onto my stomach. I was right, this day was going to be amazing.


 

Or not.


 

When I saw Hyunjoong walking in our direction, resentment filled my whole body. I could literally taste the bitter feeling on my tongue. There was a time when I liked him very much. Don't get me wrong, it was not a romantic feeling. We've been great friends when we were kids. And our memories together still made me smile sometimes but I couldn't deny that he was jerk. When we started attending high school I asked him to keep my family background in secret. And you know what that bastard did? He stopped talking to me and even made fun of me. Well, at least I've seen his true colors. I can't say that it didn't make me sad back then because it did. But now, I'm only sad and angry because of his arrogance.


 

I saw how Kibum looked at him with shiny eyes. “Hi.” he said but that jerk ignored him completely.


 

That bastard! I swear I will kick your sorry one day, Hyunjoong! It took all of my self-control to not go after that prick and punch him. But I couldn't. I had more important matters to attend. Seeing Kibum disappointed only made me angrier but I just wrapped my arm around him.


 

“You're doing this again?” Baekhyun said gently with soft chuckle.


 

“He's jerk, hyung. Stop chasing him.” I didn't try to hide how I felt about that boy.


 

“Guys, I'm used to it. It's okay.” he tried to hide his feelings behind chuckle. Stupid. He should know that he can't fool his friends.


 

“You shouldn't be used to it, though. Why don't you pick someone else?” I just didn't understand why he would pick someone like that!


 

He ruffled my hair with caring smile and I wanted shout at him. I hated to see him holding back his emotions and feelings.


 

“Because he's very-” he started but Baekhyun interrupted him.


 

“Handsome?”


 

“-nice. I meant nice.” he sighed and I could only shake my head. “Nice, my .”


 

“You just don't know him.”


 

What? I don't know him? It felt like he punched me straight to my stomach, really. Because if anyone knew Hyunjoong, it was me. And even though Kibum didn't know that he still shouldn't have defended him. It was almost as if he picked HIM over me, his friend. And suddenly, I felt angry. How blind can he really be??


 

“You know, maybe you are the one who doesn't know him, hyung.” I walked away, to the class, because I didn't want to stay with them anymore. Call me sensitive, but I felt hurt and kind of betrayed.


 

Although I constantly talked the way I did about Hyunjoong, Kibum has never asked me why. He's never asked if I had a reason. No, he rather just blindly defended the jerk. Just like now.

 

I was frustrated and it didn't leave me thorughout whole lesson. And yet, my quiz was written without any mistake. I didn't know if my brain was going on an autopilot but I was thankful. I heard my 'classmates' calling me nerd again and I actually pitied them. Because if they still thought that their words hurt me, they were really stupid.


 

“Byun Baekhyun and Kim Kibum have the same amount of points. You've lost 6 points.” Well, I was expecting less from Baekhyun judging by his behavior this morning but I was happy to hear that it wasn't that bad.


 

“Kim Hyunjoong.” the teacher started and sighed in annoyance. “You have the lowest score again. If you fail this class again, I will have to have you taken out of the football team.”


 

“What! You can't do that!” he said and I just rolled my eyes, trying to tune them out but luck wasn't on my side.


 

“I can and I will if you won't improve. Taemin, as the top student will tutor you.”


 

I scoffed. You're kidding me, right? Jesus, this isn't amazing day. I have never had to reject teacher before but I didn't have a problem to do that.


 

“I won't. I'm sorry Mrs. Lee but I don't want to tutor him. I have a lot to study on my own.” I could hear whispers around me but I didn't care.


 

“Oh, okay. Then Kibum will do it.”


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter