Jinnie...

Destiny Planned This (Sleepless Nights)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon jolted awake from his sleep. He sigh loudly before throwing his body back against the bed, the bed bounce by his action. Rubbing his eyes, he turn to check the clock on his nightstand and sigh for the second time. His heart was beating loudly. "Who are you?" He ask no one. He close his eyes again, head filled with a beautiful face he can clearly remember for the rest of his life.

----

"Find me a sketch artist." Namjoon said to his assistant right after he arrived in his office the next morning.

The woman wearing a navy blue dress that stop right on top of her knees, stunt on her stand. She was arranging the files that piled up on her desk when her employer arrived. The guy always asks her to find something, be it a phone number, an address, an email, a place and even a person but it was always regarding the matter in the office but never do they need a sketch artist. "Sir?" She ask in case she heard him wrong.

"A sketch artist. Find one, as soon as possible and send him or her straight to my office. Do it, now!" She bow her head at this and quickly took her seat, finding the right person for her boss.

Three hours passed before the black phone on her desk ringing, a call from the receptionist in the lobby. "Yeah, send him upstairs. Yes, Mr. Kim's office. Just cleared him, I didn't have time to update the appointments scheduled for him in a short notice. Thanks."

"Hello? Ms. Nam?" She was typing expertly, finishing a report when a guy, no, a boy to be exact, stand still in front of her desk.

"Jeon Jungkook?" The boy nodded. Standing, she offer a smile and lead the boy to her Namjoon's office. She stop before and look at the boy, still smiling. "It's Mrs. Nam." The boy scratch the back of his neck and grin, nodding at her words.

"Excuse me Mr. Kim. He's here." Namjoon blink his eyes in confusion. "The sketch artist you asked." She explain and leave the office. She didn't feel like wanting to know what's the use of a sketch artist for her boss, she was too old for that.

---

"H-hello." The boy stutter, amazes by the state of Namjoon's office.

"Hello. I'm Kim Namjoon."

"Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook. Woah, you got a very nice office." Jungkook was roaming the room with his eyes, mouth forming an O shape. Namjoon chuckles at this and nod. He gesture for the boy to have a seat on the black leather sofa in the middle of his office and he too joined the boy.

"Can you really draw just by according to someone's descriptions?" Namjoon ask.

"Yeah. Still, it depends on their descriptions. If you really can describe it accurately, it will make it easier for me to draw. You can help by pointing out any mistakes when I'm drawing." Namjoon nodded at this.

"Let's start now." The boy quickly open his backpack, producing a sketch book, a pencil and an eraser.

"I'll start with his eyes first. Is that okay?" Namjoon grin when the boy nod. "You know an almond shaped eyes? Slightly rounded around here, longer here." He let the boy draw, waiting and tilted his head. "Long lashes." He said, and close his eyes, lips smiling, remembering his dream. "Lashes so long that when he blink his eyes slowly, its shadows linger for a while." Jungkook blink at this but keep his mouth shut. Hands busy drawing, erasing and repeating the steps. "He got a cute nose. Not like a button, slightly wider than mine, also longer." Jungkook humm.

"Lips. He got a very y plump lips. A bit swollen on his upper lips." Namjoon open his eyes and wait for the boy. When the boy look up, he gesture for the boy to show him. "Yeah, you are really good at this." Jungkook grin at this but frown, he click his tongue but went unnoticed to Namjoon. "Then his face." Namjoon continues to describes and correcting a bit here and there. "Almost but something wasn't quite right." Namjoon bite his lower lips, trying to find something that makes the drawing not quite to his liking. The boy gesture with his hand, asking Namjoon to wait.

Jungkook took out his phone and scrolls wildly on the screen and stop, showing Namjoon the screen. "It's him, right?" Namjoon blink and blink and blink.

"Woah. You got a super power or what?" He raises his voice a bit from the shock.

"He's my brother." Jungkook said.

"Huh?"

"I said, the guy you just describe and ask me to draw is none other than my brother. Step brother actually." Jungkook lock his phone and put it inside his pocket again when Namjoon reach for it.

"Why you didn't say so?" Retreating his hand, Namjoon frown at the boy.

"I kind of suspected it after you said about his upper lips being kind of swollen. Then it matches when I pictured my brother. I drew his portrait before, a few times actually for my class projects." Jungkook shrug nonchalantly.

"What's his name?" Namjoon's fully concentrate right now.

"Why? Who are you? How did you find my brother?" Namjoon was taken aback at the boy's questions and composed his startled face.

"I met him in a dream." Jungkook frown at this.

"Really! I saw him in my dream last night." Jungkook tilted his head from left to right, right to left. Thinking if what the guy in front of him is saying the truth.

"Listen, it won't benefited me for asking you to come and draw his face. I just want to find out if the guy really exist. I saw him once,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter