C10

nine point eight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

His Twitter account gets flooded with notifications the next day.

 

Mino skims through them, amused by the various reactions to the public announcement of their impromptu relationship. No response from Seungyoon, so it's true that Seungyoon never entertains these vultures.

 

Opening the door to his studio, Mino's gaze shifts from the phone to a bundle of a sweater on the floor. He raises a brow. Ah, Seungyoon's sweater. With a streak of dried coffee on.

 

That explains his missing painting shirt.

 

Mino takes a picture of the sweater and shoots a text to Seungyoon's number.

 

did you happen to take my shirt home with you?

 

A text comes in while Mino scrolls down his picture gallery, with a cigarette dangling on his lips.

 

From Seungyoon: yea. must have slipped from my mind

 

From Seungyoon: it's at home. i can get it after class. see you at lunch break?

 

Mino frowns at his watch; 11.47 AM. Seungyoon's class probably finishes at 12. Sounds like a bother. He types back, nah, don't worry about it. not urgent. you can return it any time you can

 

From Seungyoon: you sure?

 

yea. see you at lunch break, tho?

 

my twitter account got ambushed. hilarious af

 

From Seungyoon: saw them. only you find this amusing

 

With a grin around the cigarette, Mino retorts back, don't tell me you aren't amused by this ? lies!!! it's ing funny!!!

 

From Seungyoon: guilty as charged

 

From Seungyoon: see you at lunch break. the lecturer is giving me the eye-stink 'coz i laughed too loud. you for making me lol.

 

poor baby. go back to your lesson. see you at lunch break

 

Then adds, oh yea, you too, just because he can.

 

Seungyoon replies back with a middle finger emoji. Mino laughs and goes back to the gallery, his mind flooded with ideas for his final year project.

 

 

...

 

 

The cafeteria is thronged with students. Mino finds an empty booth near the bubble tea stall. After buying himself a drink, he fishes his sketchbook out of his bag, with a hum on his lips.

 

On his third sketch for the draft of his project, Mino is greeted by a female beta. He slides a gaze all over her; long black hair, a crisp shirt, a light brown pencil skirt, and a leather handbag, with a pair of round glasses perched on the bridge of her nose to complete her look.

 

Wow, Mino approves of her fashion sense.

 

"Is it true?" she asks, adjusting her glasses.

 

Mino blinks. "Pardon me?"

 

"You and Kang Seungyoon. It's all over the Internet now."

 

Right, their impromptu relationship. Mino slaps his sketchbook shut and nods once. "Yea. Me and Seungyoon are dating."

 

A hiss slips through her straight teeth, accompanied with a frown. As if being critical of their relationship. Mino feels his hackles rise, not liking her displeased body gestures.

 

"Got problem with that?" Mino squints at her.

 

"Kang Seungyoon is an Omega."

 

"And?" Mino challenges. The Alpha inside of him stirs to awake.

 

"You ought to find someone better than him. He's a genetic fault." She sounds frustrated. Mino has no idea why she should feel frustrated by their relationship. The Beta woman continues, "Your Alpha dynamic; strong presence, better physical abilities, and privilege—it's going to be a waste on him. He can't give you what you need."

 

"I suppose you know what I need?" Mino shoots back, fighting down the Alpha urge to rip off for challenging his Alpha rights to have a perfect mate. "Please, miss, enlighten me."

 

"Future generation. Children—"

 

Mino backs away, feigning surprise. "Wow, children. I barely can feed myself, and you expect me to feed my kids? With what, sand? Air? No, thanks, I'm all good, miss."

 

Her lips turn thin. "You say that now, but in the future—"

 

"What's going on here?"

 

A familiar voice has Mino looking away from the Beta woman. Clad in his usual sweater, Seungyoon makes his way towards them, with a meat bun between his lips and a Yakult drink in his left hand.

 

"Boyfriend~" Mino greets as cheerful as he can, just to spite the woman. He spreads out his arms as though welcoming Seungyoon into his arms.

 

Seungyoon rips the meat bun off his teeth, eyes glancing over the woman before he returns his gaze to Mino. "What."

 

"She's harassing me. Please save me, my hero," Mino pouts. He's glad Seungyoon picks up the hints and lets Mino wrap his arms around Seungyoon's middle, the side of his head pressed against Seungyoon's belly.

 

"I'm not—" she stutters.

 

Seungyoon gives her a sharp look. "Sorry, he's off the market. Taken by me. Everyone knows this. Please leave us alone. You're not welcome here," he says, in a firm tone, so firm, so cold that it surprises Mino as well.

 

Red rushes to her pinched face. Clearly, anger has taken over her head, barely held back by embarrassment. Mino holds onto Seungyoon tighter, with anticipation of an explosion of wrath from her.

 

Instead, she turns on her heel and stomps away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter