C03

nine point eight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


After the enlightening discussion about gravity at the stairs, he begins to seek Seungyoon's companionship. It might have something to do with him feeling slightly smarter after the discussion. Wow, gravity. Awesome. Once a bother, now a miracle. How is that even possible?

 

They even exchange numbers after Seungyoon found out one evening that Mino had been waiting for him for almost an hour at the library.

 

("You didn't have to wait," Seungyoon said. 

 

"Thunderstorms, I don't understand how thunderstorms happen," Mino deadpanned as he frowned at a thunderstorm video on Youtube. 

 

The laugh he got from Seungyoon afterwards was worth it.)

 

They still don't talk on Thursday morning class, though. Mino's brain has always been sluggish in the early morning, and Seungyoon seems to prefer his privacy undisturbed, so Mino doesn't push his luck.

 

Doesn't mean that he doesn't text Seungyoon in class.

 

To Seungyoon: the library today? in thirty?

 

From Seungyoon: again?

 

yep.

 

why, is it a 'no'?

 

i want to know more about the sky

 

pwease (´;ω;`)

 

From Seungyoon: fine

 

From Seungyoon: you're weird

 

The text brings a smile unbidden to Mino's face. He hunches forward and ducks his head into his bag on the table to smother his smile, but Seunghoon still manages to catch it. 

 

"What, a new girl?" Seunghoon bags his books. He calls out, "Sure, next week. Yes, yes, my part, next week, I promise," to the girl at the back before she heads out with her friends.

 

Mino flicks a salute at a passing classmate to return the greeting and then mutters, "Nope."

 

Seunghoon raises a brow but doesn't probe further. He checks his phone. A text from Jinu. He tells Mino, "Jinu-hyung is already at the restaurant. You coming?"
 

Ah, dinner with hyungs. Mino leans back on the chair, scratching the back of his head. "Aish, I totally forgot about that."

 

"Aish, don't tell me you've gotta be somewhere else," Seunghoon frowns. "C'mon, it's not easy to have dinner together. You know Jinu-hyung doesn't always get a day off."

 

"I know, I know. I really do. It's just—" Mino sighs, "Look, I'm just gonna swing by the library real quick, then I catch up with you guys."

 

Seunghoon is skeptical. "Really?"

 

"Really, really." Mino holds up his palm as if he's taking a vow.

 

"Okay. Fine. Don't if you miss all the meat." Seunghoon points a warning finger at him.

 

"Aish, hyung."

 

"What are you doing at the library, anyway?" Seunghoon asks. "Lately, you've been going to the library whenever you can. Last time I checked, you didn't read books. Books read you."

 

Mino keeps his power bank in his bag and glances over his phone, ready to leave. "Enlightening discussion. Hey, hyung, did you know gravity pulls on light too? That's how black holes exist. Uh oh, I'm late already, see you later, hyung," and he sprints out of the hall.

 

The library is almost empty when Mino reaches there—it's six in the evening. He rides the elevator to the sixth floor. No sight of Seungyoon. The stairs, most probably.

 

Wanting to look cool, Mino kicks the heavy door open. 

 

Definitely not the best idea he ever thought of. 

 

Not even his thick boot can stand the impact with the heavy door, and pain flares up his leg, quick and surprising that it prompts "OWWW!!!" out of his mouth, while he hops on one leg.

 

"That was stupid," Seungyoon says over his shoulder. 

 

Mino glances up. Seungyoon's outfit is no different from any other days; that black sweater hoodie, a pair of grey sneakers, the worn-out bag, and the same collar around his neck.

 

The only changes that Mino usually sees in Seungyoon are his undershirt and the colour of his pants. It's impressive Seungyoon can stand the heat with that sweater on.

 

Mino hops his way on one leg to Seungyoon. "It was supposed—ow, ow, damn door—to be cool."

 

"I only saw stupidity." Seungyoon closes his book shut and rests it on his lap. 

 

Mino notices its title; 'Catching Stardust.' He's not an avid reader, but he knows that book isn't something that people usually read every day. He points at it. "You read that kind of book?"

 

"You're starting to ask difficult questions. Might as well read more. No harm in getting myself prepared." Seungyoon shrugs.

 

Mino is taken aback. "You'd go that far for me? Wow, I don't know whether I should feel flattered or bad."

 

"Nah. I can get some ideas from the reading. Good materials. So don't feel too bad about it," Seungyoon explains like it's nothing. Like it doesn't bother him despite his busy schedule. 

 

"Ah, okay."

 

"You said that you wanted to know more about the sky."

 

Oh, that. "Yeah, right, that. I did say that, didn't I." Mino scratches the spot behind his ear, eyes away. Guilt thickens in his chest. "Well, I'd love to learn more, I really do, but uhm, I just remembered that I'm having dinner with my hyungs tonight."

 

A beat of pause. Then Seungyoon nods. "Ah, okay. That's cool. I understand."

 

Mino feels flustered. "I mean, I really wanted to hang out with you, it's just that—"

 

"No, no. I understand. That's fine," Seungyoon reassures.

 

"But, urgh..." Then an idea hits Mino. "Ah, do you have any plan for tonight?"

 

"Nothing much. I guess... I just go back home and study—"

 

"Awesome! You can have dinner with us!!!"

 

Seungyoon blinks. "Pardon me?"

 

"Yeah, you can come with me!" Mino cheers. The best idea ever. He wants to give himself a pat on the back. "Have dinner with us. We can hang out together like that. Do you love meat, Nongoljip serves the best meat, I mean, Hoonie-hyung is a regular and—"

 

Seungyoon tries to interrupts, "I don't want to impose—"

 

"You wouldn't. Hyungs wouldn't mind."

 

"Are you sure? I'm an Omega—"

 

"We don't care about that. I mean, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter