C04

nine point eight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Mino isn't stupid. Or he likes to think so.

 

He might not have a vast knowledge of folk phrases. And can't understand why 2x + y = 12 when x and y are 2 and 8 respectively. But he's not blinded to people's perception.

 

He was aware of the consequences may befall them when he offered Seungyoon friendship. He's even prepared snarky remarks for them, ready to bare his teeth should anyone question his decision to be Seungyoon's friend.

 

It's just—he didn't expect it to be this soon and severe.

 

The entire campus stares at him. It makes Mino's skin crawl. So this is what it feels to be a leper, huh. Harsh.

 

The whispers meld into one continuous stream. The pointing fingers and shifty looks make Mino bristle. Even the lecturers stare at him as though they haven't a clue who he is.

 

His Insta and Twitter accounts get bombarded. Mino tries to go through them one by one, he really does. When it gets too much, he throws his head back, takes a deep breath before he returns to those comments.

 

But, , their words are very, very unkind.

 

"What are they doing? Aren't they aware of their dynamics?"

"Mino-oppa is being too kind again."

"How dare he? That trash should stay away from Mino-oppa!"

"I didn't know Song Mino got himself a ."

"Pretty sure Song Mino just wanna experiment. That can't get pregnant anyway."

 

The last comment has Mino throwing his phone across the cafeteria. It lands somewhere near the washing area. He buries his face in his hands propped up on the knees as he hunches over in the chair. 

 

People are staring, he ing knows that, but he's too frustrated to give a .

 

"You don't have to throw your phone as an excuse to get a new one."

 

Mino raises his head. Seunghoon, a brow raised,  puts his bag and the phone on the table. The screen cracked. Mino hopes it's just the screen protector. "Thanks."

 

Seunghoon takes a seat across the square table. "I assume you checked your Twitter account."

 

Mino averts his gaze away.

 

"People can be cruel sometimes."

 

"Aren't you gonna say 'I told you so'?"

 

"Do you want me to?" Seunghoon raises a brow.

 

"No."

 

"Then I won't."

 

Mino frowns. Opens his mouth, then closes it because there's no word can describe his gratitude. Seunghoon is the best friend he can hope for. If it wasn't for the fact that Seunghoon has a push-and-pull relationship with Jinu, Mino could've kept him to himself.

 

"You're too kind, hyung," Mino mutters.

 

Seunghoon puffs up his chest. "Of course, I'm kind. I'm the embodiment of kindness."

 

Nope, Mino perishes the thought. Hoonie-hyung is a smug .

 

"So what are you gonna do now?" Seunghoon asks.

 

"I don't know."

 

"You could cut ties with him, y'know."

 

Mino runs his tongue over his teeth. "...I could."

 

Seunghoon makes a look. "But you don't want to."

 

"He's my walking Wikipedia," Mino half whines.

 

"Your what—" Seunghoon frowns. Then scratches the spot between his brows. "You know what, you should try to talk to him first. He's the one who gets the short end of the stick. If he doesn't care about people talking, then you can do whatever you want. But if he wants to cut ties with you, you must respect his wish."

 

Mino considers. Then hates the thought of not being able to talk to Seungyoon again. But Seunghoon has a point. He can't be selfish. Mino reluctantly agrees, "Fine."

 

"Atta boy~!" Seunghoon cheers. "Now we eat. I'm starving."

 

"Yea—"

 

"Oi, Song Mino, how much would you rate that ?! 8/10? 2?" A voice suddenly cuts across the cafeteria. 

 

Mino snaps his head towards the voice. A bunch of losers are cackling to themselves like it was the best joke ever. ing Beta bastards. Anger flares up inside Mino, his Alpha instincts consuming him whole, and he growls—

 

Seunghoon springs to his feet. He has his hands in his pockets and a smile on his face; a friendly gesture. He says, almost sweet, "One more word, and I'll bash your head into the wall."

 

The entire cafeteria falls silent. Mino blinks. sweet. That was an Alpha talking, alright.

 

It reminds Mino again of Seunghoon's true nature. An Alpha, a laid-back one, but can be scary once provoked. He recalls one night where Seunghoon went all Alpha on two guys for getting handsy with Jinu. They never showed up again.

 

The losers scatter away, with tails tucked between their leg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter