006 [NEW]

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(several years ago)

"You sure you can do this?"

"Come on, Yerim."

"I'm just worried about you."

Jongin looked at his sister tenderly, stopping the work at hand. Yerim stood across from him against the lockers, returning the same look. He stood up, before reaching out for her cheek. "You gotta trust me a little."

"You know I do. But with this injury, I don't think you should go play," She took his hand in hers, keeping it between her warm ones. "I know how much this means to you but your health should come before everything else, Jongin."

"You sound like mom," Jongin chuckled.

"Yeah, if we had one, she would," Yerim returned his smile but that soon disappeared into a frown. "My point still stands. Don't play today. Your teammates will do just fine. I'm sure they've gotten a replacement."

"I'm the captain, Rim," Jongin reminded her. "The soccer team is nothing with without me. It's not like I don't trust them but if we lose today, I'll regret it my entire life." He watched Yerim's shoulders slump. He didn't know how to feel. The first time he had ever won an argument with his sister, he should feel hapy but he was happier about the fact that she worried. This side to her was rare and only few ever came across it.

"Chances come and go, Jongin. This is not right," She tried once again, in a soft tone, to persuade him out of the game. "It's dangerous. Could scar you for your life. Remember what the doctor said?"

"Well, I didn't really listen to him," Jongin chuckled. "Ey, you're worrying to much. I'll be fine. At least, I don't have to be on a wheelchair, I suppose."

Yerim frowned heavily at his idea. "Shut up, idiot."

Jongin laughed, pulling her in for a hug. She returned it with equal fervour. Jongin smiled, remembering the way she cried after he was wheeled into the hospital after the accident. He might have even laughed while lying there on the stretcher, all covered with blood, because he didn't remember her crying, ever, and it was funny.

When they parted, Yerim gave him a firm nod. Jongin responded with an amused smile before she disappeared. Yerim pulled her phone out, dialing for her friend who was supposed to attend the match with her. Looking for a curly bob in the thousand people gathered around in the huge stadium.

"Where are you?"

"Not coming."

Yerim had seen that coming, if she were to be enitrely honest. "Chanyeol asked me to stay home. I swear I wanted to come."

"Let me go strangle your brother," Yerim muttered under her breath, eyeing the lanky figure of Park Chanyeol who was already running about in the field. Doing his part of the fan service for all those girls with hearts in their eyes. "He's the lamest thing in the world, I swear."

"I know, I know," Sooyoung replied. "But my fever's going high. It's not entirely his fault."

Yerim sighed, "Get well soon, okay?"

"I don't know about that," Yerim flinched as Sooyoung sneezed, her expression morphed into a frown, worry in the eyes as she stared at the blinding lights of the stadium. "Got to do some tests and we can find out then."

It wasn't normal for Sooyoung to sound like that. She was a cheerful girl despite being sick all the time. The little percentage of white blood cells in her body didn't really make a difference in her high spirit but these days, she'll be really sick and always worry Yerim to no end.

A deep sigh escaped her lips. Great. She didn't know a single person in the stadium. It because she'd have to sit in a corner and watch over her brother and pray he would be alright. As the remaining players poured in one by one, she watched with a bored frown.

"Where's Sooyoung?"

Jongin asked, taking her by surprise. Yerim blinked, with a hand on her chest. "You have to stop this popping out of nowhere thing you do all the time."

He lau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter