oo2

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seulgi," her friend sighed, "You seriously need to put a little more effort in your love life. You can't expect to spend the rest of your life all by yourself. I mean, I would always be there but you would need someone to lean onto anytime. I might not be there all the time."

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes, staring at the gloomy sky with zero thoughts in her head. Soojung was always the one to speak in common sense. The two of them clicked really well on any terms because both of them liked reasoning. Not to be fazed easily, or impressed easily. But the fact that Soojung now had a boyfriend was disturbing. Seulgi didn't know why. Maybe because she thought Soojung wouldn't have much time for her anymore. That was saddening because after moving into the city of Seoul, Soojung had been there by her side, in every little step.

 

Now she didn't want to be there anymore, Seulgi sighed. More time for her boyfriend, for the relationship, to a better future. Seulgi sighed again. Soojung left with a hug, promising to return that weekend and sleep over. Seulgi simply smiled, waving at her as Soojung pressed the buttons to the elevator. Thirty minutes, that's all Soojung gave her out of the one sixty eight hours of the week.

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes, "No one cares," she mumbled. "About you, Kang Seulgi."

 

Turning the television on, she flipped through the channels, occasionally taking a drag of the cigarette held between her fingers. She didn't know why all of a sudden her perfect world looked so messed up. She was never to be so emotionally attached to anything, had always taken suggestions for granted. But Soojung was always right. Maybe it was time for her to get a man. Maybe it was time for her to forget her past experiences with men and start anew.

 

Men in her life had always been so predictable. She was either a time pass for them, or a game. Seulgi had been naive once in her life. High school hadn't done her much good. The first guy she ever confessed to turned out to be a jerk who turned her confession down saying she was ugly. And Soojung had a hard time convincing her that she was not. The guy was just blind. She grew this resentment towards the boys in her school because she was teased afterwards by them.

 

Until he came in and broke those walls down without even knowing. Seulgi wondered if he was doing well now. He was just being nice, she had realized overtime, yet that didn't help her to move on from him. He had always regarded her as a friend. That thought alone brought a pang in her chest.

 

Deciding to get some work done, she made up her mind to finish the weekly grocery shopping. The grey clouds loomed over the city as she walked down the sidewalk, her loose hair being blown by the wind, her fringed troubling her eyes. She needed a haircut too.

 

Her recent job had kept her up at nights. She was busier than ever that week. Working under ChoirKei was tough because of the overwhelming competition between each worker. And the models were a pain in the too. Too whiny, too moody, too flirty, too judgemental. Seulgi just wanted to do her job properly and tried to keep her temper down. She couldn't risk getting fired.

 

Stomping into the store, she grabbed a basket. There seemed to be less people around today which was good. She wanted to be alone. But luck wasn't on her side that day. Or, was it? Seulgi bumped into him that day, eyes widening, heart accelerating. He apologized, not even noticing her standing there and ogling at him. He seemed to be in deep thoughts as he made his way to the next aisle.

 

"Sehun!"

 

She dared to shout out his name and he turned around immediately with raised brows. A smile took over his handsome features as he recognized her. She let her lips curve up in a happy smile, unable to keep the excitement down. She was still so whipped for him, even after all the men that came after him in her life. "Hi," she awkwardly waved, wondering if her hair was okay and if she looked presentable enough.

 

"Seulgi," he pronounced her name and Seulgi thought it still sounded so perfect in his voice. "You moved back? When? I didn't know."

 

Seulgi gulped. He was still the same. Being nice to everybody and anybody. Still looking like the Sehun he used to be when she was in high school. Maybe a little taller, and with a different hair color. Everything else was the same. The way he buttoned his shirt right up to the first button near his collar, and folded the sleeves up to his elbow. The dazzling smile, her unusual heart beats.

 

"And you got a nice haircut," he added with a chuckle.

 

Seulgi chuckled too, "I haven't seen you in a long time. You're still the same."

 

"Oh? Is that good?" He always spoke with a smile. "I heard you majored in photography. I'm sorry I lost touch."

 

Seulgi gulped again, nodding, palms becoming clammy. "So do you work at Zaiba now?"

 

"Yes," he replied with a proud smile. Seulgi understood. He had always wanted to be like his father. His father and him were like best friends and Seulgi had envied the bond when she got to know him more. "I'm working there for almost four years now."

 

Seulgi nodded, watching the thin silvers of hope gradually rising around herself. But he had to leave. She didn't ask yet he left his phone number for her, taking hers in return, promising to treat her to some coffee on the weekends. For once, Seulgi thought he was not just being nice.

 

"No, I said press your fourth finger on the D-string," Jongdae asked, fuming now, because he had asked her to play the string almost three times now. "Not the open-A string. Fourth finger on D-string. Now."

 

Wendy gulped, momentarily forgetting what a D-string was as she looked up at him. "But, they're the same. They make the s-same sound, Mr. Kim."

 

"Do you think you know that better than me?" He asked before sighing. Two steps towards her had her sweating under the air-conditioner. With the violin supported on her shoulder and the bow in her other fingers, she clueless stared up at him. That jawline could seriously cut glass, she thought. No matter how much he scolded her, Wendy would never stop admiring this man. She was usually not this way at all. But so whipped for Kim Jongdae.

 

"Here," he muttered, fixing her finger on the D-string. Wendy was shocked. His skin touched hers? Her mind ran wild. Replaying that feeling, as much as she could, Wendy found herself a melting mess under his gaze. His skin was so soft. His fingers so smooth. She wanted to deliberately play the wrong string so that he would fix her finger back on the right one. But he looked as if one more mistake from her would have him chopping her fingers off or gluing them to the right place.

 

"Now, play the string, for god's sake," he hissed under his breathe, glancing at the musical notes on the stand. Wendy pressed her pinky on the string, with shaky hand drawing the bow across it. "Properly," he muttered again, sending chills down her spine. "Your fingers need to be flexible when you're playing the violin, Ms. Son. Therefore, we practice the same note in the difficult way."

 

She nodded, finally doing it properly. "My skills are a little rusty. I promise I'll go home and practice more. I really did waste my time solving maths for the last three months--"

 

"Shut up."

 

"Sure," Wendy gulped. "If you don't have anything else to do at the moment, Mr. Kim, I would like to stay and learn the piano. I actually know how to play the piano and want to show it to you. You know, if I'm pressing the right keys and playing the right notes..." She trailed, watching that annoyed expression on his face. He was judging her so hard. Oops, Wendy thought, she should've stopped talking. "Sorry."

 

"You're dismissed." He stated coldly. "Don't come back if I you can't stop your mouth from running all the time."

 

Wendy pouted, sighing as she placed the violin back in the cover. Placing the bow on top, she was about to close the case but her teacher stopped her again. "You're so careless," he interrupted her, gently pushing her away, taking hold of the violin case. "You don't want your bow to get dirty, Ms. Son," it wasn't a surprise that he was hella careful about every music instrument he came across. "You didn't get a case for the bow?" He asked again.

 

Wendy gulped, shaking her head, hoping he wouldn't murder her for that. She had been thought the violin would come at the end. She at it and she knew it. She wasn't prepared when he called her and told her to bring her violin along that day.

 

He shook his head, clearly disappointed. To her surprise, he lent her his. Wendy watched with eyes wide as he carefully placed her bow inside his case. Maybe one from his hundred cases but still a case from his collection. "Give it back to me when you have your own," he added as he closed the case. "Be careful about your instruments, Ms. Son. I hate it when people think music is joke."

 

Wendy blinked at his last sentence. He was always in a sour mood whenever she was around. But it was fine. He was a great teacher too. And it wasn't as if she didn't stare at his face only for th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter