oo1

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ms. Kim--"

 

The girl stormed towards the elevator, her heels clacking against the tiled floor. A murderous expression took over her face. She wasn't stopping for anyone. She addressed no one either, ignoring all the greetings being thrown at her. Glaring at the elevator door, she impatiently waited, crossing her arms.

 

Yerim wanted everyone to know that she was indeed furious. Because her father had called her when she was in between a very important meeting. She had to leave because her father could do a lot, maybe even take her business from her if she didn't listen.

 

When the elevator dinged open, it was empty. Yerim stepped in, stopping when she was just about to push the button to the thirteenth floor. A figure was running towards the elevator, a rather tall man Yerim thought she knew. He yelled for keeping the door open. His voice confirmed the fact that he was indeed who she thought it would be. Oh Sehun. Turning heads, he pushed through the crowd, raising a hand for her to stop.

 

But Yerim knew better. She smirked, pressing the button. The doors closed. Yerim watched, satisfied with how the guy looked so dejected as the doors closed on him. After long hours of the day, she felt a little happy, as if she had won. Somehow. The anger dissipated in the air as she leaned back against the spacious elevator. It stopped at the third floor. The doors opened, only to reveal a smiling Oh Sehun.

 

The little smirk on her face fell. How could he do that? That was superhuman, climbing all those stairs in just...four seconds?

 

He walked in, that effortless smile on his face. Yerim masked her awestruck face with her stoic look, the one everyone was used to, the face that was expected from her. He greeted her cheerfully. Yerim sighed internally knowing the guy was a pain in the . He was too talkative for his own good and always got on her nerves.

 

"Are you heading to the CEO's office?" He asked, checking his watch. Yerim could bet she had seen one of that kind on Jongin's wrist in the last issue of Choirkei. Sehun's father had been working at Zaiba for over thirty years and was a very dear friend to her father. It was a given that Sehun would end up working here too.

 

Yerim didn't give him an answer. As the elevator proceeded, Yerim clutched her purse tighter, checking her reflection on the sparkly doors. "Are you nervous?" There he went again. "You shouldn't be. Your father's a good person," he nodded at his own words. How weirder could he get?

 

"Shut up," she muttered. She didn't need him to tell her what kind of a person her father was. And then she realized they were heading to the same floor. Wow.

 

The two of them walked into the thirteenth floor. Sehun stopped to greet the receptionist but Yerim was long gone from his side. He sighed with a little smile, hearing her heels click-clack against the tiled floor, the sound screaming grace and elegance. Handing over his coat, Sehun slowly made his way towards the office. The door was left ajar, there was a fuming Kim Yerim inside the office, digging glares into her father's eyes.

 

He bowed to the two elder men, looking sideways to see Junmyeon. He ducked his head again, noticing the thick tension in the room. Being the youngest Kim, Yerim was rather spoiled. She had a temper like all of her brothers. Junmyeon sighed, motioning him to sit down. Sehun did so, with wary steps.

 

"I'll give you two minutes."

 

Her father blinked at her words, only once. "It'll take only one, though," he rubbed his forehead. "You are getting married," Mr. Kim said with a tight smile.

 

Sehun looked at Junmyeon, who in turn looked at him. Sehun arched his brows, a worried expression on his face. Junmyeon shrugged, going back to twirling the pen in his hand. He gulped when his father glanced at him. Sehun wondered why he was called in there.

 

"Yeah. Very funny," Yerim folded her arms, looking like the fashionable lady she was. Sehun could see in her eyes that she'd rather break than bend. Her business was soaring, Donnarim was one of the biggest luxury brands now. And she was only twenty-five. Yet so successful. Well, all the Kims were.

 

Her father arched a brow at her, "And there's your groom."

 

Yerim followed his gaze only to find a dumbfounded Sehun. Her eyes widened just slightly. He blinked with his mouth open, like the kid he was. Sehun honestly didn't belong in this company, Yerim had always known. Immature people had no place in the company but obviously he had her father's favor.

 

Yerim chuckled dryly, "I'll get married when and to whomever I want to. It's not happening any time soon and neither will it be Oh Sehun."

 

"What the hell did just happen?" Sehun turned to face Junmyeon, who appeared troubled as his sister stormed out the door. "This is so much to take in," He muttered, but his father heard it.

 

"But you like her," the older man said. Sehun glance at him before looking down on his lap, fingers clammy all of a sudden.

 

"Hey, it will be fine," Mr. Kim said, "You know how Yerim is. She'll agree to it in no time. So don't worry, Sehun."

 

Sehun gave him a weird look, very eager to know what was behind all this scheming. It was always obvious that Sehun liked her. But he had always known Yerim would end up in a higher circle, a better family, not with an employee like him. They hadn't ever been on best terms for sure but Sehun had watched her from little, growing up into the fine lady that she was.

 

He would always remember Minseok's countless attempts to make Yerim Sehun's friend because they were the same age. But she would never agree. Because from little, she had had the knowledge that he was second class, lower than her, that she deserved more than that.

 

He would call her snobby but he also knew she was just a little girl inside trying to put up with the title Kim. Trying her best to prove the world that she was worthy of that title because women in the family of the Kims were always neglected. As a result, Yerim might have had to work twice more than her brothers to get to where she was. And Sehun thought he understood her position.

 

Yet, she was a scary idea. All she had ever given him was a cold shoulder. And Sehun was afraid of her eyes that always screamed murder.

 

Junmyeon patted his arm as the both made their way towards the door. "I'm sorry. I know Yerim can be a little handful."

 

"I-It's fine," Sehun replied, "But...for real?"

 

Junmyeon gave him a look, an apologetic one, "I'm so sorry. But honestly, I saw it coming."

 

"So, what am I supposed to do?" He cluelessly asked again.

 

"Make her like you maybe." Which is impossible. Sehun smiled awkwardly.

 

"Junmyeon-ssi."

 

They turned in unison at the faint voice. Sehun bowed before the lady dress in black, head to toe. She blinked, fixing her round glasses in her clumsy way. Sehun raised a brow at Junmyeon. But before he could open , the lady beat him to it. "Sir, your latte," her voice shook. Junmyeon glanced back at her. Her eyes grew bigger and Sehun arched his brows. What was wrong with this girl?

 

Her hand shook and before long, the plastic container was on the floor, all of its contents spilled on the marble tiles. Junmyeon sighed. "Aish, Joohyun. It's the fifth time now. You can't do anything properly, can you?"

 

"I'm so sorry," She bowed twice, thrice, four times before dropping on the floor to clean the mess with her hands.

 

"You're so stupid," Junmyeon muttered again, walking towards her and taking her hand. She froze but without minding it, he made her stand. Junmyeon squeezed his eyes close before opening them again, "Do you want to get fired? Why don't you work properly?"

 

"S-sir," she cowered under his soft glare. Annoyed, he motioned her to leave. But when she didn't, he was forced to look back at her. He raised his brows when he found her tearing up. "I'm so sorry. Please don't fire me."

 

Junmyeon was speechless. Rather amazed that the panel had appointed someone like her in the position of his secretary. A cry baby. What the ?

 

Only that she was very pretty, with round eyes and thin lips, a very noticeable mole on her neck. Junmyeon watched as Sehun excused himself with a suppressed smile, patting his arm twice. "Joohyun...no," He squeezed his eyes shut momentarily before opening them again. "You're making me the bad guy over here."

 

"I'm so sorry," Joohyun was going to kneel down once again to clean the mess but Junmyeon held her in place, "I'm just so nervous," she bit her lips. "I promise this won't happen again. Please don't fire me."

 

"Go," Junmyeon muttered, turning away from her. "If you don't want to get fired, get out of my face."

 

As Junmyeon watched the girl reluctantly leave, he sighed to himself, knowing he had overreacted. It was just some latte on the floor that someone could easily clean up. But then again, he shouldn't be letting her off so easily. It was now nearing one week of her working under him but she was still nervous. He needed someone more professional. And until he gets someone professional enough, Bae Joohyun would have to do.

 

"Son Wendy."

 

She said, offering her hand, "Very pleased to finally meet you. I am very excited so please do not mind me being all hyper. I usually talk very fast. So, if you have any problem understanding what I'm saying please stop me. Again, I'm very--"

 

"Stop talking."

 

"Um," Wendy bit her lip, "Okay." She stopped talking, as instructed. Following the man into the building, she bit her lips with the nervousness bottled inside her. Her stomach did flips as she tried to calm herself down. She couldn't believe Kim Jongdae had decided to come all the way down and her himself.

 

The large hall screamed elegance, with large doors, at least eight on either sides. They all led to the beautiful gardens surrounding the whole mansion. The majestic staircases, ivory piano, chandeliers that hung from the top, everything was beautiful. Wendy was mesmerized with the graceful designs but much more with the handsome man that walked before her. "Mr. Kim--"

 

Wendy stopped as soon as he looked over his shoulder with a stern face. She only ever wanted to know if this was solely his living space or if he lived with his siblings. It was an understatement if anyone called the Kims famous. They were more more more than that. Wendy liked to call them ultra talented human beings, each of them. She would say she was lucky to receive lessons from The Kim Jongdae but she knew her father had a part to play in all of these. Being one of the heads at Zaiba, her father had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter