oo4

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seul."

 

Seulgi gathered her fingers into fist, her sweaty palms clenching on her sides. She gulped, showing him a smile that was rather forced. "Y-Yes?"

 

Sehun looked at his shoes shortly before sporting a dazzling smile, as bright as the day. He was happy, she noted. "You're not just a fling, are you? You're seriously his girlfriend?"

 

Seulgi gulped once again, hesitating for a moment. But then thought otherwise and nodded her head. "Why do you ask?"

 

"Oh, he's got a reputation. I bet you're aware," Sehun did something with his eyebrows that Seulgi found way too attractive. She nodded at his words with a sheepish smile. "But I hope he changes for good and keeps you. Jongin seems way into you and I hope it stays that way."

 

"Well, um, I'm not sure if it will. Not good at taming hearts really,"  Seulgi chuckled, feet getting glued to the ground. She wished they could talk a lot more and that he didn't have to go back to work. "And his is wild," she shrugged. Sehun nodded with a rather happy smile. Seulgi noticed how he was happy for his friend. He was a good friend, after all. He was everything good. And she wanted to slap the faces of the ones who failed to see that. Real hard. Bring them to their senses maybe. Ask them to open their eyes and see. As thoughts like this ran in her head, there was only one person she was thinking about--Kim Yerim.

 

"The world is too small, isn't it?" He laughed. "How you end up dating my best friend and everything. It's still crazy to me if I'm being honest."

 

Seulgi could go on and on about how she loved it when his eyes got lost in the folds of his skin. In two delightful crescents that she could never get over. Her heart thudded in her chest as she felt like she was flying through free fall. She sighed in her head, imagining the effort god had put in carving such a beautiful human with his hands, and thinking how he was equally beautiful inside. Yerim was lucky and Seulgi could only hope she would see the man he really was instead of his title and rank or whatever it was she chose to see.

 

"But I hope everything turns out well. If he's giving you a hard time, let me know," He turned to his car as Seulgi nodded. "We'll be seeing a lot of each other so see you soon."

 

"Bye," Seulgi did a little wave as he got into his car. The engine roared to life and Seulgi clasped her hands together.

 

Sehun glanced her way one last time before giving the tall building behind her a look, "You should get inside," he spoke with a little worry in his eyes.

 

Seulgi nodded quickly, "I will."

 

"Bye then," Sehun nodded slightly before slipping in his shades, covering his eyes from the sun. Seulgi watched the car rove down the street, clenching her fists as she came down from the high. Sehun was like the Prince Charming from a fantasy movie, the hero who was everyone's crush. And she was just part of the crowd he didn't spare a second glance at. It was Kim Yerim from the very beginning that he saw.

 

Seulgi knew how her rest of the day would go. She would be scolded for getting to work super late, unless Jongin had done something. She would be doomed otherwise. And at the back of her mind, she would be disappointed with herself because she had lied to Sehun. And that she still wanted him after all this.

 

"Seulgi speaking. How can I help--"

 

"Since when did you start sounding like you work in a call center?" It was Jongin. Seulgi sighed at the voice, feeling a slight headache rush up to her head as she pressed the button to the elevator. "Anyways, Aren't you coming to work? I've informed the director and he understands. Now we need you here to take the rest of the shots."

 

Seulgi hummed, "I'll be there," she yawned. "Wait, what did you tell him?"

 

"Don't worry. I didn't tell him we had last night," he chuckled and Seulgi frowned at the audacity. "I just told him you had some important stuff to do this morning and he didn't ask me anything more. Said it was okay." Seulgi scoffed at his words, eyeing her messy reflection on the shiny doors of the elevator. Sehun had seen her like this, she wanted to facepalm real hard.

 

"Yes. Because you said it," she grumbled under her nose.

 

"Now I need my thanks," Seulgi heard the smirk in his voice. She could barely stand and felt like she hadn't slept in twenty years. And yet she had to hear his annoying words because he had saved her big time. "Just the way I want it. Okay?"

 

"Ugh, what do you want?"

 

"I'll tell you once you're here." And that kind of made Seulgi want to never go to work. She didn't hate him. He was just way too annoying for her. When all Seulgi wanted was a quiet life, there was Jongin with his there's-no-way-I'm-gonna-let-that-happen ways. "So be quick, babe. I'm waiting."

 

Seulgi hung up instantly, eyes droopier than ever. All she wanted to do was lay down and sleep. 

 

 

Sehun had recieved the call, exp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter