TWO

Ethereal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWO

“Are you going to stay another hour after this?” Hyorin asks Chaerin while they take the empty dishes from the tables and walk quickly to the kitchen. They are both working as waitresses at the King Restaurant in Seoul. In fact, this is how Youngbae met his now wife. He was coming to visit his friend when a black hair girl started to asks him what he would like to drink. He truly liked her from the first time they saw each other and he didn’t wait too much until he asks Chaerin for her workmate’s phone number. They got to know each other and in less than a year they decided to get married. Yet, they are happy and that’s all that matters.

“I have to. Maybe few more extra hours after that.” Chaerin replies while giving the notes of the chef in order to cook and prepare the dishes.

“You’re working so hard. You have to take some time for yourself too sometimes.”

“I also know that. I will, but not now.”

Hyorin nods, but inside she knew. She knew what her friend had to go through all this time. It wasn’t easy for her, yet she never complained.

“You said you went on a date or something?” Hyorin asks again on their break. They sit together on some empty chairs outside and drinking some juice Hyorin got for them. They usually spend their 10 minutes of break like that.

“I was ready to, but he ran away.” Chaerin says with a small smile on her face.

She remembers meeting a guy on the restaurant and he asked her out for a dinner date last week. However, when the guy came for her to pick her home, Yunho came and asks the guy who he was and why is he taking his mother’s hand. The guy slightly smiled and when they were about to leave, both twins started to cry like someone was about to take their mommy away from them. But no, the real reason why they were crying is that Sarang had got fever that night. She couldn’t leave anywhere, so she asked the guy to pick up some food and eat at home. He just excused himself and left her place. The next day he just texted her: “Look Chae, you’re beautiful and I really like you, you’re a great woman. But I’m really not ready to be a dad. Sorry.”

Hyorin listened carefully to what happened and then nodded her head.

“Yunho is so possessive to you.” She finally says while Chaerin was finishing her drinking and checking her phone.

“He always was like that. Since he was a baby, he was so clingy to me. I don’t know if I ever told you but he did his first steps because he wanted to follow me everywhere.” Chaerin smiles widely as remembering her baby boy’s first steps. Yunho was the first one to start walking while Sarang was the first one to start talking. They are different as some point, for example, she knows that if Sarang hates a food, on the other hand Yunho will love it and the other way around. That’s how they work.

“I’ll take that to the kitchen. See you later.” Hyorin says at their break ended and walks to the kitchen again to start working. Chaerin was about to do the same when the owner of the restaurant, Yang Hyunsuk approached her.

“Chaerin I just want to remind you how hard you worked the past months.”

Chaerin nods and again when she was about to leave, he talks again.

“Sadly, I can’t increase your salary but instead I have another offer for you.”

“What is it about?”

“You’ll see I also own a bar in Seoul called Extra King bar so if you need to take a second job, I could give it to you. Nightshifts at the bar. Don’t worry, you’ll be safe there.”

She started to think for a moment… Doing nightshifts at a bar full of night people and men wasn’t really what she was looking for. She was doing fine with her salary she had at the restaurant and she thinks she couldn’t need that job.

“Thank you, sir, but I’m doing fine working just here.”

“I see. Well, if you change your mind you can always call me.”

And then he left. Chaerin decided to not think too much about that and just get back to her work as usually. It was only 2PM when her phone started to rang again. Chaerin was busy serving the tables when Hyorin saw her phone ranging a lot of times. She looks at the id caller and quickly picks it up.

“Hello, we are from the Flower Kindergarten. We want to inform you that Sarang fainted during the play time and we had to take her to the hospital.”

“What?!!! Hold on a second…” Hyorin spots Chaerin and walks to her without matters in she was still serving or not. That was too serious and couldn’t wait.

“What happened?” Chaerin looks at her and then at the old couple siting at the table waiting for her to take their order.

“Sarang fainted.” Hyorin whispers and gives the phone to her. “The kindergarten teacher is on the phone look.”

“What? Oh my god…” She feels like fainting herself right now. Her baby girl…

“Miss Lee?” she hears the voice from the other line.

“Where is she now?”

“At the hospital miss, we called the ambulance as soon as it happened. Her brother is still here.”

“I’m going there.” Chaerin hang out the phone and confused she looks at Hyorin and then at the old couple who was still watching them.

“Go to the hospital, me and Bae can pick Yunho up later and then we’ll come there to see you. Go!” Hyorin says and pushes Chaerin from behind making her walking faster. Chaerin looks at her thankfully and started to run to a taxi as quick as she could.

“Sorry, I will take the order from you.”

The old couple just smiled.

“She’s a mother, right?” the Miss asks while holding her husband hand. Her gaze was full of fondness.

“She is.”

“I cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter