SIX

Ethereal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SIX

An hour passed after that. Chaerin doesn’t know how but now they all are sitting around the table having dinner. Between her and Jiyong are an awkward silence. How in the world did he has the idea to come living with them? She wanted to see if he’s really willing to stay with them but this idea never cross over her head.

Jiyong on the other side couldn’t help but felt happy that she didn’t kick him out. Before coming in, he spent an hour on his car thinking over and over again if this idea will work out or not, and he mentally made scenarios about any situation that could happen. But, gladly for him, anything happened.

“Sarang if you keep eating that you’ll turn up green.” Yunho says to his sister while she was keep eating her vegetables. She pots at him.

“Yah! Did you tell mommy that you have girlfriend at school?”

“Oh boy…” Chaerin lets out while still eating.

“This boy has girlfriend at school!” Sarang keeps saying laughing enjoying to see her twin’s face turning red.

“Yah, stop it now.”

“I didn’t turn up green but you did turn up red. Look, here.” Sarang point with her finger his red cheek.

“Are they always like that?” Jiyong asks Chaerin seeing that she avoids looking at him.

“Yeah, most of the time.”

Again, the awkward silence between them. After dinner, the twins went straight to their room and they both find themselves alone in the kitchen. Chaerin started to clean it up and he tried to help her even though she didn’t let him.

“You’re aware that you will have to sleep on the couch, right?” she tells him after finishing and walking to the living room, showing him the couch.

“It’s okay, it won’t kill me.”

“I bet you’ll be more comfortable at your home in your own bed.” Chaerin places her both hands on his chest and tries to push him to the door.

“Hey, are you trying to kick me out?” He smiles at her and then she blushes. She didn’t realize that she was touching his chest. “Stop trying, because I won’t go anywhere.”

“Okay, so? Where are you going to put your clothes?”

“I’ll bought a middle size closet; I will take care about it tomorrow.”

“Will you stay here tomorrow all day?”

“No, I’m working.”

“Where?”

“My family’s companies. I’m the vice president.” He throws himself on the couch. It wasn’t the most comfortable thing in the world, yet he was determinate to stay there.

“Yeah, right.” Chaerin sighs, she had to guess about that. He’s the only heir after all.

“Come here, let’s talk more.”

“No, I’ll go to sleep now.”

Jiyong nods still watching her. Truth is that he was missing her so much, talking to her, hugging her, cuddling with her. At least, he will be closer to her now, living in the same house.

“Good night.” Chaerin says walking to her bedroom when she heard him talking again.

“Ahm, Chae? Will you call me oppa again?”

“Yah, go sleeping now.”

He can’t see her anymore because she went to her bedroom. He quickly changed his clothes and got into the couch, talking his phone and texted Youngbae about what he just did. His only reply was Youngbae telling him how lucky he is that she didn’t kick him out and even let him stay in the couch. Jiyong still has the feeling that thing will turn out well. Then he thinks that maybe he should buy another couch, more comfortable.

“Where are you going, Sarang?” Yunho asks her when she got up from the bed and puts her pink slippers on.

“I forgot to say good night to daddy.”

“Ah, you’re right.” Yunho looked at the wall thinking if he should do the same too. He was surprised when saw him coming with them, but he saw that families are supposed to live together, so that was fine. Sarang left the room silently and he thinks again.

“Should I say good night to daddy now? But, it’s already late. It’s fine, I’ll say good morning to him tomorrow.” Agreeing with his toughs, he puts his head at the pillow and closes his eyes, ready to sleep.

“Daddy?” Jiyong hears the little girl calling him. He wasn’t sleeping, he was still checking his phone, he wasn’t sleepy at all. Maybe the excitement wasn’t letting him fall asleep and he knows that he needed some rest for the next day, yet he didn’t care much. He saw her coming to him and then she throws herself in his arms. He smiles, hugging her. How much he wishes to do that before. His beautiful baby girl.

“Good night daddy.” She says, still hugging her daddy.

“Good night baby.” She smiles when her daddy kissed her little head.

“Daddy, I think mommy forgot to give me the syrup after dinner. Could you do that?”

Chaerin slapped herself again. How could she forget that? She was so into her own thoughts and also puzzled about Jiyong’s presence that she totally forgot about the syrup. She heard the twins’ door room being opened and then Sarang’s voice, when she opened her room’s door to watch what’s going on, and then she saw them hugging. She hates to say it but it warmed her heart. Chaerin rapidly takes the syrup from its place and runs to Sarang. Then they got surprised to see her there, she was supposed to be sleeping.

“Mommy!”

“Mommy is so sorry baby. I totally forgot about that.” Sarang smiles after her mommy give her the syrup she had to take.

“Mommy you’re the best.”

“Yes, you’re the best Chae.”

Chaerin takes the girl’s little hand and takes her to her room when Yunho was already sleeping. She kisses them both and then go the living room where Jiyong was.

“Are you really okay here?” she asks again and he nods again.

“Do you keep asking me that because you want me to go or because you’re worrying me?”

Why is he having this effect on her? After so many years, he is still able to make her feel like a teenager who just saw her crush passing by.

“What do you think? Because I want you to go.”

“But I don’t want to go. You’re tired Chae, go to sleep now.” Jiyong gets up from the couch and puts her into his hug. “I will help you with everything, I’ll try to be the best for you.”

“It’s not fair, Ji…”

“I can’t change the past, but I will try hard to make a better present and future. I never stopped loving you.”

She was touched by her words and once more time, she felt like they were genuine. But she couldn’t let him see that. Slowly, Chaerin released herself from his arms and walks to her room.

“You’re right I have to sleep now.”

Chaerin got into her bed but still she couldn’t sleep at all. Their relationship wasn’t bad at all, even more they were the perfect couple. Jiyong was always coming to pick her up from her home and to take her college, then he always used to take her home too. He took her on dates she would never forget, he didn’t take her to fancy places because he used to say that fancy is not synonym of the beauty, and he wanted to take her to beautiful places. Whenever she was feeling down, he was always there to cheer her up, he would do everything to see her smiling, he was also a good listener. Chaerin was doing the same for him, when she was noticing that something was bothering him, she used to do some cupcakes with hot chocolate and cuddle with him, until he was telling her what was going on. She loved him and he loved her.

“How did we get here, then?” Chaerin murmurs to herself, and a tear came out from her eyes. “We used to live together, remember… then one day when I come home, you weren’t there anymore.” She finds herself crying again, remembering that day, when he left her. But he did a mistake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter