FIVE

Ethereal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIVE

“Where are you Jiyong?” Mr. Kwon calls his son. He was looking for him at the office but seems like his son didn’t show up. It was supposed to be his first day as Vice president of the company and his father wanted to introduce his son to all the workers. They also worked hard in decorating his desk as soon as they could so he would start working. But, seems like the vice president didn’t show up in his first day.

“I had to go somewhere to do some things, dad.”

“But, are you serious? Today was supposed to be your first day.”

“Ehm… tomorrow is also a good day. Come on, a day is nothing.”

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier? I already told everyone that today they are going to meet my son, the heir of the whole empire.” His father was a bit mad at him and Jiyong knows it but he really had some important things to get done.

“I forgot to tell you. However, I’ll be there tomorrow morning.”

“You better be there. I’m serious now, Ji. This is not a game. I want you to act like a responsible man.”

“That’s what I’m trying to do dad. All right, see you later.”

Jiyong hung out. He didn’t forget about the company; however, he couldn’t sleep well last night after what happened. He couldn’t stop thinking about her. How comes that Chaerin was working there as nightshift? It was dangerous for her, what if he wasn’t there and those guys would do something bad to her?

After thinking and thinking he came to a conclusion, Daesung clearly told him that the treatment for Sarang was expensive, and that if it doesn’t kill the virus, they will have to do it again from the beginning, meaning buying it again.

So, as soon as he woke up, he drove straight to the hospital.

*****

“Mommy, I miss you.” Sarang says while her mother was hugging her. She was there waiting for her mother and brother to come for her.

“I miss you too my baby. A lot.” Chaerin strongly kisses her baby girl.

“I also missed you, Yun.” Sarang hugs her twin brother. She was missing them a lot, she wanted to go home with them.

“Can I go home now, mommy?”

“Mommy will go to talk to the doctor now baby.”

“Yun stay here with me please.”

Yunho nods, and then his mother left for some minutes in order to talk to the doctor. They, as twins, were so connected that he felt like Sarang wanted to tell him something but she was, in some ways, afraid to do so.

“Noona, is everything fine to you?”

“Yun, I need to tell you something.”

“What is it now?”

“Daddy was here… I saw him.”

Yunho looks at her kind of confussed. Why is his sister insisting so much into this matter? To him, there was no daddy at all. They only had their mommy who was always with them. He understood it better when he was watching tv and found some episodes of series when the babies had their daddies playing with them, living with them, taking care of them. It was then when he understood that they don’t have one, because as a smart boy that he is, he knows that they can’t believe in something they’ve never seen before. And this one, was his favorite quote from his favorite book about aliens, that Bom auntie readed to him many times before.

“Maybe you were dreaming noona.”

“I was not dreaming, I saw him there before you two came in.” Sarang shows with her finger the circular window from the room door.

“Sarang noona, you also dreamt about someone eating you, and then you cried all the night long fearing that something will come from you in real life. And see, anything happened to you.” Yunho scoffs. He always loved teasing his sister. He could be a bit naughty sometimes.

“I hate you, Yun.” Sarang pots at him, knowing very well that her brother was teasing her again. “I will prove you that it was true.”

 

“Chaerin, I was about to call you.” Doctor Dae says when seeing Chaerin there in this office.

“Is there any news, doctor?” Chaerin asks and Daesung sits down on his chair, taking Sarang’s medical record.

“Actually, there is. Look, here the only thing that matters is that there is a donator and we can start the treatment.”

“Wait a minute. I can understand that someone donated blood, but the treatment hasn’t been paid yet. I couldn’t…”

“That’s what I’m telling you. The treatment was paid this morning. Soon after that, I called and asks for it in the US, next week we will start it without any complications.”

Chaerin was speechless. She definitely didn’t pay anything.

“Who?”

Now she can see that Daesung hesitates a bit to tell her who paid for her daughter’s treatment.

“I think you should personally talk to him. This matter is quite personal between you two. But, remember that your daughter health is everything that matters now.”

Him… There’s only one him who could’ve done it. Chaerin gets out from the office, and looks around her. Does it mean that he really knows about them having two babies? That’s why he was trying to be around her since he arrived to Korea? She knew he was from a wealthy family. She also knew that he was the heir of the Kwon Empires including important companies in Asia.

On the other hand, she comes from the middle class. Her parents were teachers who had to live aboard while she decided to stay there. She didn’t want to go with them because she believed that she would be better in Korea, with him. She just met him that time and didn’t want them to get separated. If she’d only knew…

“Hey Chae, I knew you’ll come.” Jiyong says approaching her. He knew that she will come that’s why he decided to wait for her.

“You’re the one who shouldn’t come.”

“That was mean, you know?”

She tries to calm down herself a little bit.

“I know that you paid for Sarang’s treatment. I also know that you donated. But don’t worry, I will pay you off as soon as I will can.”

“Why are you so mean to me?”

“What?”

“You don’t have to pay me anything back. I did it because I wanted to.”

“What do you want? Were you bored from your good live aboard, so you decided to come here to mess me up again?”

Jiyong sighs. So, this is what she thinks about him. That he’s here because he was bored and looked for something to do.

“You don’t know anything. This hunted me for years. The memory of that day, of that moment, never stop hunting me. That’s why I came back. I wanted to know.”

“So now you know, you can go again now.”

When she looks in his eyes, she sees sadness. Was he really sad about it? Since they first meet again, she never looked so close at him. His face hasn’t changed to much, he’s still handsome as always. But his eyes, she can tell that there was some feeling expressed in them.

“I don’t plan to go anywhere. I want to stay here with you.”

“You can stay here as long as you wish but definitely not with me.”

“I know I was wrong and I also know that you had a hard time because of me. I couldn’t see if before, I was selfish. This time I want to make it up for you.”

Chaerin scoffs. If everything would be so easy as he thinks he is. Deep inside, she is still having feeling for him. She knows that he’s not a bad person, but she doesn’t want her babies to suffer when their father will go again if she let them become close.

“How can I know that you’re doing it because you really feel it or because you want to deal with your guilt?”

“Give me a chance and I will can prove it to you that I’m serious.”

“Why didn’t you come back sooner then?”

She is angry right now. How dare him to come back and mess her up again, claim her as nothing happened? Seeing that he’s not answering anything to her question, she gives her back to him ready to leave because she couldn’t look at him without her heart beating hard. On the other side, he’s the same. He’s sweating and he knows that his heart never beat like that before. He knows that he wants to be with her, he always loved her. He was just too stupid and immature to face the things sooner.

“Wait…” he holds her hand, stopping her from getting away from me. “You can hate me, shout at me, hit me, curse me… but please, don’t push me away.”

Chaerin looks at him and sees a tear coming out from his eye. He was teary. She felt touched but she couldn’t let it happened, not again. She wasn’t ready.

“I never pushed you away, you’re the one who decided to leave us.”

He closes his eyes and he could also feel another tear coming out. That was hurting him much more than he ever thinks it could. She was also hurt; her eyes also became teary.

“That’s my biggest regret.”

“We all have regrets.”

“Can I hug you?”

“Wha…?” Jiyong didn’t let her finish because he put her into his embrace. He holds her like that some moments,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter