EIGHT

Ethereal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER EIGHT

“Daddy…” Sarang whispers to her dad’s ear who was still sleeping peacefully beside her mother. The little girl woke up, feeling so hungry yet she didn’t find anyone in the living room nor the kitchen like she used to do. Her brother was still sleeping so she decided to take a view to the bedroom. As soon as Jiyong hears Sarang’s voice in her ear he wakes up sharply. This is weird, he’s not usually a light sleeper, actually he always had a deep sleep and yet, Sarang’s voice is able to make him wake up not matter what. He realized that the first night he spent there, his baby’s girl voice was having this impact on him.

“Yes baby.” He answers her, still covered with his blanket, rubbing his eyes.

“I’m hungry.” Sarang says rubbing her little tummy, making him smile. Can she be more lovely?

“Go to the kitchen, daddy will be there in a second.”

She kisses him on the check and then runs to the kitchen giggling. Chaerin hears Sarang living, and felt like suddenly getting back to reality. What happened last night was just a dream or it happened for real? Then if it happened for real, meant that her baby girl had witness something that she wasn’t supposed to? But she was relieved when Jiyong stand up from the bed and she saw that he had been sleeping with his pants on. She takes her clothes and get dressed as well.

“Good morning.” He tells her, kissing her lightly on her lips. “You look so beautiful in the morning.”

Chaerin could just smile at him.

“Did you sleep well?” she asks him, when he put her into his arms again.

“Of course, I did. I was holding you like this all night long.”

They were about to kiss once more time when suddenly Sarang walks to the bed where her daddy was.

“Ahm… mommy.” Sarang calls her. She was supposed to be in the kitchen but then she decided to that her daddy was taking so long so she got back to the room. Chaerin was blushing that the girl was there again watching them like this so she put apart from him.

“Mommy, you need to know something.”

“What is that?” Chaerin walks to her, and caresses her little face. Sarang was still serious, even sad.

“Daddy is mine.” Sarang throws himself to her daddy like her life was depending of it. Jiyong laughs at it, while Chaerin was still surprised. When did she become such a daddy’s girl in this short time?

“So, should I understand that you don’t love mommy anymore?” Chaerin asks her watching her reaction.

“I love you, but daddy is mine. He told me that I’m his only princess, right daddy?”

Sarang laughs at him too. She loved this kind of moments, when they show their affection to each other. Chaerin shakes her head at them.

“All right, then you keep daddy, I have my baby boy.” Chaerin says when saw Yunho coming out from his room still with his eyes closed. He was always the last one to get up from the bed, moreover if it was weekend, how comes this guy love to sleep this much? Yunho sees his mother on the door looking at him and comes to her, hugging her still half asleep. Chaerin holds him into her arms and walks with him to the bed where Sarang and Jiyong were sitting. There she felt it again, they were a family. Moments like this spending with the ones who were important to her were treasure.

*****

Some days just passed on like that. They’ve seemed to have more contact than before and more loving moments between them.

Bom was sitting on the table drinking some coffee with Chaerin. She notices that something was going strange, that her friend was kind of nervous like she wanted to say something but on for some reason, she couldn’t to do so.

“Chae, why I feel like you’re about to tell me something?”

“Yeah, I was about to ask you how is work going.”

“Really? My work is fine as always. Tell me where’s your boyfriend.”

“My what?” she chocked.

“I know he’s the father of your kids but since you’re not married yet, he’s your boyfriend, right?”

“Ahm… do you want some more juice?”

“Stop avoiding the topic. Something happened between you guys, I can smell it.”

“Okay, fine. You win.”

“So? Are you going to tell me?”

Chaerin started to tell her friend how did thing happened between she and Jiyong for this last days. Bom was looking at her amazed but at the same time she had the feeling that this was going to happen.

“I knew that you will fall into his arms again. Since the first day he crossed that door, I knew you will.” Bom tells her.

“How could you be so sure back then? I was mad at him.”

“Yes, you were mad at him but at the same time, I know that deep inside you wished that he’ll come back to you. All this time you never talked a bad word about him, even though he left you being pregnant. No, even more, you never talked about him.”

“That’s insane. How can you still want a person who did you wrong to come back to you? I blamed myself for thinking that before.”

“He should be the bad guy here, but he’s not and that’s the problem. He just took a bad decision. He was an idiot.”

“A big one.”

“Men are all idiots. Do you know the worst part? That they leave and then come back and want to be forgiven like nothing happened…”

“Bommie, why are you taking it so personal?”

“I’m not talking about you Chae. I’m talking about me.” Bom says almost whispering and Chaerin wonders if something happened to her. Bom never was so opened about this subject called love before.

*****

This is how the whole week passed. They both assimilate that they were back together now, they were sharing the same bed, and being closer than before, talking to each other every time. Chaerin had a feeling that even Yunho was teasing her about that when he clearly told her about this. She was still confused if whatever she took the best decision or not.

But his acts were making her being more convinced of that, that she did took the best decision.

It also came the day when Jiyong was needed to leave to Hong Kong because he had to meet the partners from there. Yet, he was about to leave in some hours. He wanted to stay with the twins until Chaerin come back. He didn’t want to stay away from them not even a second. Jiyong believed that the best he could’ve done was to make up for his mistakes. He couldn’t be happier with them, only his twin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter