THREE

Ethereal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THREE

There she was again. He was walking to his long friend’s office who was now a doctor but he never thought that he will get to see her again there. She was still as beautiful as he remembers him but yet she looked tired and sad at those moments. What was she doing there?

“What are you doing here?” he finally asks her, and sees that he was holding a paper in her hand.

“None of your business.” Chaerin says to him, ready to leave. But then he holds her arm.

“Wait…” he softly says, and she looks at him again. Now all she wanted to do was to get away from him or else she will break in front of him again. It had been so long… she missed him. A lot. She loved him. More than he ever thought. But he didn’t. He didn’t care, he just left her without caring about them. Now, he’s a stranger for them and this is how it needs to be.

“What?”

“We need to talk.”

“We don’t have anything to talk about. Heard me? Anything!” she emphases the last word. Jiyong slowly let go of her arm. Does it really mean that…? So actually, she really did what he told her to do years ago. Somehow and he didn’t know why, it breaks him a little bit to know that. But again… why? He was supposed to feel relieved, didn’t he?

“Fine… Don’t worry, you won’t get to see me again.”

“I really hope so.”

“Great.”

“Yeah… great. Go disappear, you know how to do it the best.”

After those last works, Chaerin finally starts walking away from him. Tears are coming down from her eyes. But why? Wasn’t she supposed to not care about him anymore? She hates it that he has this power to mess her up only by his presence. On the other hand, Jiyong thinks about her last words. Disappear… yeah, he did. He really did, but why did it hurt her that much?

After seeing Daesung, he had to wait for the results. But he couldn’t stop thinking about Chaerin, what was she doing there? Another abort? Was she seeing someone and happened the same that happened to them? Was she really that kind of woman? Who knew, if she did it once, she will probably do it again. He couldn’t just now.

“Hyung, come in a little.” Daesung tells him after an hour of waiting. In fact, Daesung told him to come the next day but since he couldn’t stop thinking he just spent all the hour in the hall walking from a side and the other.

“Don’t tell me that I’m going to die, Dae.” Jiyong says and he sits down on the chair in front of Daesung.

“No, you’re fine. The blood was caused by the stress. Relax a little bit, seems like you’ve been stressed last days.”

Jiyong just nods his head.

“I’m glad you’re finally back to Korea. You cut everyone off when you decided to live aboard.”

“I miss being home Dae.”

Daesung smiles but also notices that Jiyong had no intention to leave his office.

“Dae, I want to ask you something.”

“Sure, go ahead.”

“What was Chaerin doing here?”

Daesung got surprised. Does it mean that they both met each other at the hospital?

“Hyung, don’t put me in this awkward situation. I’m really sorry to be the one who tells you but I really need to talk to you. It’s an emergency.”

“Told me, Dae. I’m all ears.”

“When I decided to be a doctor, I swear to myself that I will put people’s health on top of anything else.”

“That’s what you wanted to tell me so urgent?”

“No. Listen carefully to what I’m about to tell you. I will take any consequence but it’s really an emergency.”

“What does it have to do with Chaerin?”

“Hyung, this is a DNA test. You’re the father of Chaerin’s twins.”

“What?!” Jiyong strongly stands up from the chair and covers his mouth. He couldn’t fully process the information that just came out from Daesung’s mouth because he felt like frozen… Father… Twins…

Daesung shows him the DNA paper results but Jiyong didn’t really look at it. So, Chaerin never got rid of their babies. He was thinking bad about her all this time, but to know him is hunting him even more. The guilt is getting bigger than ever. Before, he didn’t really know about it, but now that he is sure…

“What’s the emergency?”

“The baby girl got a virus. Not too serious but she needs to get a treatment that is quite expensive. We also need to change part of her blood by transfusion and we need a donator. Her mom already donated and her little brother is way too young for this. Hyung you come in the best moment. You have to donate.”

Jiyong is keep being silent.

“Look, this is why I decided to actually tell you about this and take the liberty to do the DNA test. It’s really an emergency. Hyung think about this.”

Nothing. Silence. Jiyong was frozen.

“Look, she’s in the room number 13 if you want to see her.”

There are no words he could be able to say right now. Jiyong walks slowly to the door and without realizing he finds himself wandering on the hospital hall once more time. He doesn’t know where he was going but still, the couldn’t stop thinking. What didn’t Chaerin told him anything when they meet each other few hours ago? Right… it was because what he did the last time he saw her. He was really rude, insensitive, selfish… he acted like a spoiled brat. He knew, it was his fault, she never got to call him not even once after that and he can’t blame her for that. He deserves it, although he would like her, at least, to tell him that she never aborted.

He recalls that day. He was going to take her on a date, like every weekend, but she was acting so strange and awkward to him. Then he found out why, when she finally told him what was happening.

“I’m pregnant…” she said when they finally stop walking at the end of the park, when the trees were watching them and the flowers were surrounding them. She could feel like there were flowers blossoms. For a moment, she felt like they are in their own world, in their own bubble and anything else mattered.

“No, you can… What were you thinking?”

“What?”

He lets go of her hand and looks strongly at her.

“That’s not what I planned.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter