ONE

Ethereal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE

"There was a beautiful day. The smell of the flowers was surrounding the lands, the sky was serene, the colds were fighting to gain their own shape in the perfect color blue. The air was fresh, the sun was up and there was no place for any single storm. The storm wasn’t welcome to this calm land. The storm didn’t exist, the sadness was so far away and the way made by the nature between all those flowers seemed to lead to only way: happiness and love. Love is getting created by only two people and this is what happened. There was a boy and a girl who happened to live in this land. They were happy and there was only one reason for that: they were together, they’ve got each other. Smiles, laughs, sweetness… The elements needed in order to create their own shape of life. Days passed, months passed… the boy and the girl were still in the same place, surrounded by this unbeaten bubble. Until one day, the boy let the madness got into his heart and it got darker. Not even the tears of the girl could give its color back. She realized that two flowers were born as result of their love and happiness from all this time. Two flowers. One of them was angelic, soft pink and even though it was more fragile than the other one, it was still shining. The other flower was stronger, soft blue and in some ways, couldn’t survive without the sister flower. The boy saw the flower, but rejected them. It was only them in the bubble. The boy, the girl and the two flowers. Lastly, the boy gets out from the bubble, breaking it and also the girl’s heart. The girl stood up, picked up the flowers like they were the most precious treasure and left the bubble. The bubble didn’t exist anymore. It was destroyed by the storm."

“The end.” Chaerin finally says while the two babies where listening to their favorite bed time story.

Sarang and Yunho. They are almost 5 years old, twins. Her babies. Smiling, the looked at the beautiful baby girl Sarang who was carefully listening to the story while holding the blanket with her little hand and holding her bear with the other one. She was the most beautiful baby girl she had ever seen. She was full of sweetness. By her side, was sitting Yunho. Her nightingale, he was so strong for her age. He was the most handsome and brave baby boy. Since he started walking, he had a strong idea in his mind that he needs to protect his mother and sister.

“But mommy, that’s not the ending. You always finish the story there, but I’m sure there’s more to say.” Sarang says, it’s her favorite story and also her brother’s. They always ask their mother to tell this story before going to bed. They are living in a small apartment. Two rooms, which one belongs to them and the other one to their mother. They had to share the same bed but they didn’t mind, only sometimes when Sarang wakes up crying because her brother took the blanket away from her in his sleeping.

Chaerin has the other bedroom for herself. She’s a single mother. How came to that? That’s a long story. Longer that the one she just told. That’s the story I’m going to tell you right now.

The living room was decorated with a small couch, the table where they usually have their meals and an American kitchen with a small bar. It wasn’t so big but it was all she could afford. When she found out about her pregnancy, she had to leave college and got a job. Her parents lived too far away from her and the situation itself was difficult. Things got complicated when Sarang started to have health problems. She’s way more sensitive than her brother, since she was born, she was usually getting colds, getting sick, allergies. Nothing serious but she needed to spend a lot of money on medicines. She didn’t mind, because she only wanted to see her baby being healthy, but she had to get a second job in order to keep facing this situation.

“The story might have an ending baby, but not now. Time to sleep now.” Chaerin gets up from the bed and coverts them with the blanket even more. After kissing them on their cheek one by one she left their room.

“Good night. Love you, my flowers.” Chaerin says before leaving the room.

“Love you too mommy.” They both says and watched her closing the door behind her.

Yunho was about to get on his side and close his eyes when he heard her sister speaking.

“Yun, mommy forgot to turn up the night life for me. Can you do that, please?”

Then he realized it was true. His sister is afraid of darkness, even though he’s not. They say that twins are usually connected and in fact that’s true. They are connected with each other even though they have got different personalities. The little boy got up from the bed and quickly turn on the soft light.

“Thank you, Yun, you’re the best brother.”

“Sleep well now, noona.”

Sarang was born some minutes earlier than his brother. She’s his noona, but he’s the one protecting her. She hopes that she could do the same for him one day.

“You know Yun, I actually think that out daddy is a hero.”

“What are you talking about? There’s no such a thing.”

She gets up from the bed and walks to her little desk when she usually does her drawings and coloring. She loves to draw; she loves doing cards from the people she loves. Mostly her mother, her brother and her uncle and auntie. She has Bom auntie, their neighbor, she is so nice to them. She always come to babysit them whenever their mommy is out for work. Uncle Bae is their f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter