Chapter 6

Trapped With My Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Come again?” Jimin asked with a bemused expression.

 

“Say what?” Seulgi in a much louder voice.

 

Chaeyoung chuckled at the reaction she got from Jimin and shrugged. “I know. It’s ridiculous, right?” She went behind the cash register and looked under the table. “I know I’ve left some notes in here somewhere. Grandma used to do so much research on that.” He heard some rustle and then Chaeyoung appeared with a disappointed look. “It’s not here. I’ve been taking notes on that because honestly, that is the only subject I was really interested in out of all the paranormal stuff grandma is shoving down my throat.” She looked at Jimin. “But anyway. Yeah. She’s your soulmate if she gets inside you even with all your runes and charms.”

 

Jimin just gaped at Chaeyoung over that information. That is such a ridiculous explanation for what is happening to him and to Seulgi.

 

“I know I know,” Chaeyoung said seeing the look on Jimin’s face. “Soulmates used to only be a term for the supernatural but as the centuries progressed, some authors, who probably had some background in that world, linked it to romanticism. It is not really an unusual occurrence to know you have a soulmate.” She laughed at the expression on Jimin’s face. “It’s not unusual, Jimin… but the explanation is somewhat very complex. Let’s just say that, your soul and… hers are two halves of a whole.”

 

Silence.

 

“I’m sorry, is she speaking another language?” Seulgi said with raised brows at Jimin.

 

Jimin just gave her a dry glance before returning his attention at Chaeyoung. “So you’re saying… she is able to possess me because her soul is another part of mine?”

 

Chaeyoung flicked her fingers at Jimin. “Exactly!”

 

“That is stupid,” Jimin just said.

 

“Extremely so,” Seulgi agreed. “Are you sure she’s not a fake?”

 

“The world of the supernatural is really strange,” Chaeyoung continued. “Scary at most. Explanations doesn’t have any scientific support and it all just goes down to every psychics’ or clairvoyants’ experience with the paranormal for the others who wanted to learn it. Believe it or not, you are not the only one who had already seen their soulmates. Sometimes, they found they have multiple soulmates. Apparently, soulmates aren’t only limited to one.”

 

Her explanation for what is happening to him and the soul is getting more absurd by the second. Chaeyoung sat down on the stool and looked at Jimin, smiling at the bemused expression on his face. “We don’t know what our soul is made of but for some powerful seers, they believe our souls are a portion of a colossal constituent that gets distributed during a human’s… conception.”

 

“There she goes again with the alien language,” Seulgi said with a hand on her hip.

 

“So from what you’re saying she’s not the only one who can bypass this bracelet and the runes and there is another one—or two… who can?” Jimin asked already thinking of the absolute nightmare if he would ever come across some other soul like Seulgi.

 

“There might be another one,” Chaeyoung clarified then grinned. “So let’s just hope she’s the only soulmate you have.”

 

“It’s not funny,” Jimin told her.

 

“Okay, sorry,” Chaeyoung said wiping her grin off her face then regarded Jimin thoughtfully before speaking again. “There are a lot of explanations for it, Jimin,” Chaeyoung continued looking serious now. “Soulmates are actually just considered an extreme compatibility of an individual to another. A soul connecting to another soul. A person having soulmates doesn’t necessarily mean they can possess the other person if they became spirits. But with you… it’s possible because you’re an Open Medium. Your charms is not working on her because her soul is a part of yours. When she lost her body, that soul started gravitating towards its other half.  She can get inside you because it needs to connect with the other half of the soul she is made of. And without a corporeal form… then yes, her soul can possess you.” Jimin was just gaping at her and Chaeyoung tried to simplify the explanation. “Okay, for an example. You might have found yourself before not knowing why you wanted to go to a place and felt at peace when you get there. She might have been there too and you both might have crossed paths, being there at the same time but clueless about each other's presence. Both of your souls are drifting towards each other but our bodies have components which can disrupt that gravitational pull especially if one had a stronger mind than the other, which is probably the reason why you haven’t met yet until she lost her body. So when she did, her soul automatically search for yours.

 

I'm not really sure how accurate i could explain this but… Soul Mates are more than just its romantic connotation especially in the paranormal world but… she can be fated to be your partner.”

 

Seulgi’s mouth fell open at that and her eyes darted over to Jimin to see how he is reactng to that. If she wasn’t the soul subjected to this soulmate thing conversation, she would’ve laughed at the incredulous look on his face.

 

“Can,” Jimin repeated looking firm after a minute of trying not to lose his . “It doesn’t mean it’s set in absoluteness, right?” Compatiblity? Him and her are two poles apart in terms of that word.

 

Seulgi scowled at the tone of Jimin’s voice like he is completely against that idea. Like I would want that too! She crossed her arms on her chest with a stormy expression on her face.

 

“Of course.” Chaeyoung nodded. “Like grandma said, we make our own destiny. That is just a possibility. Soulmates are a congruent extension of us in all aspects but it does not mean it should be romantic. She could maybe just turn into your bestfriend. You never know.”

 

Jimin gave a very loud sigh that really annoyed Seulgi. She should be the one showing her complete opposition on that idea!

 

“So she can really get inside me anytime she wants?” Jimin said with a grimace.

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes in exasperation but kept shut. There he goes again acting like she possesses him intentionally.

 

“Only when she’s feeling too much emotions,” Chaeyoung said.

 

“She’s always emotional, what the hell am I supposed to do?” Jimin complained.

 

“I am not,” Seulgi protested but Jimin just ignored her.

 

“Well… I think the only way she can’t get inside you is if she’s in a good distance away. Like, really distant.” Chaeyoung’s forehead creased in puzzlement. “Aren’t lost souls supposed to recover their memories in a couple of days? I don’t think you would need to worry about that once she did get her memories and she can get back inside her body.”

 

“Right,” Jimin said. If he would be able to help her find where her body is since from what she had said that morning, her body is really missing. He looked at Chaeyoung after a couple of minutes. “She can only get inside me when she’s in a spiked-up emotions but not when she’s trying to fake it, right?”

 

Seulgi scoffed in disbelief at what Jimin is insinuating.

 

“No,” Chaeyoung answered looking amused at Jimin’s question. “No one can fake emotions.” She rested her chin on her hand.  “Our souls are our body’s essence. Without a body, souls doesn’t really have any senses. I’m not saying they cannot feel in that form but it’s just that, when they feel too much, they need an outlet. They need a body to let it out because if that is contained, well… let’s just say that is really maddening. Why do you think dead souls are scrambling to get to you? To possess a body? Exactly for that reason. To feel. To have the body’s senses. To emit those emotions. And with your soulmate feeling that array of strong… reactions….” Chaeyoung shrugged. “She would possess you because… well… like I said, you’re an Open Medium. And she’s a part of your soul. I mean it could’ve been different if you’re not… that and she could just be drifting around you but… since you’re like an Open For All Souls human, if she feels too much, her soul would automatically get inside you to vent… because your soul is welcoming her.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi watched Jimin walking in front of her with both his hands inside his pocket, the set of his shoulders looking tensed. After that Chaeyoung girl had explained the ridiculousness of Soulmate business, Jimin left the store after thanking her and that girl just watching him leave with a sympathetic expression on her face.

 

Jimin had not said a word to her and she just left him alone with his thoughts. But it really irritated her how much bothere he was by that information. What, she’s not good enough? She might not remember what she looks like but she damn well know for a fact that she is beautiful. And rich. If there is anyone who should be feeling despondent over this soulmate thing between the two of them, then it’s definitely not him.

 

Psshh. She scowled at his back. And why is he sulking over that? Didn’t he tried to confirm that it’s not set in absoluteness and the witch girl affirmed that? Did he have to be so huffy about it that he is somehow connected to her for the weirdest reason?

 

“It’s not like I would want that connection either,” Seulgi muttered audibly. And besides, that is too unbelievable to be true. Soulmates are only used for novels and movies and all that. Not in real life. I mean, is there really such a thing? If she got back inside her body, she would tell Jaebum about this and maybe they could have a laugh over the ridiculousness of that. One thing that witch girl is right about is that people make their own destiny. People have their own minds. And Soulmates, if that were really true, are just sheer manipulation into letting people think their fate is already sealed with another person. Seulgi gave a nod in agreement to her own thoughts.

 

After riding the bus in silence, they arrived at the radio station. Seulgi just kept following Jimin, making a face or two, scowling at him, then grumbling under her breath which Jimin just ignored. He’s still trying to process the new information that Chaeyoung just shared. Nam Miso should’ve told him that so he would’ve at least been aware that there is still that possiblity of him being possessed. He glanced at Seulgi who had a deep frown on her face as she rolled her eyes to whatever she is thinking right now.

 

Jimin doesn’t know if he would be thankful that… this is the soulmate that can get inside him. It could’ve been worse if he thinks about it.

 

He greeted the technician when he got inside the studio and saw that Jackson, who had the previous program before him, had already left. He started prepping for his and only looked up when the soul spoke in an a very impatient tone. “Can you tell when you would stop brooding so we can talk?”

 

“Brooding?” Jimin repeated as he put the headphones around his neck.

 

“I don’t like this as much as you do,” Seulgi said. “Soulmates? That is bull. You’re not even my type. You don’t even come close to Jaebum and me and you don’t even connect so I really believe whatever that witch girl said is a total scam.” She walked over to him. “Just help me find my body and once I get back, you will never see me again and both of us will end up living happily ever after.”

 

Jimin just gave a sigh and turned his attention back to the monitor.

 

“Don’t ignore me,” Seulgi practically demanded.

 

“If it were that easy, we wouldn’t even be talking right now and you would be back to where you came from,” Jimin said then looked at her. “I said I’ll help you, alright? But it will be on my terms. I’m not new to this. And you… you just rush into things without thinking.”

 

“Because whoever has my body will end up killing me,” Seulgi said. “Why do you think I’m rushing?”

 

“You’ve been missing for three weeks, Seulgi,” Jimin responded looking at her in the eye. “If someone who has you really wanted to kill you, you would’ve been dead already.”

 

Seulgi didn’t know how to respond to that and Jimin swiveled his chair to face her. “I’m not trying to be callous, I’m trying to be rational. I understand the urgency but panic could draw the mess. Your family made the whole country think you missing is just a rumor. Why do you think that is? Whatever your family’s reasons are, it’s probably to protect you wherever you are. And maybe, there’s a chance that they already have your body and they are just waiting for you to wake up. For whatever plans your family have, me asking around about a missing body might botch up a plan that we don’t know anything about.” He watched Seulgi’s face as he let that sink in. “That accident might not have killed you, Seulgi… but our ignorance will.”

 

She hated it when he made sense.

 

And he made sense all the time!

 

There was a knock on the studio door that made Seulgi jumped and Jimin looked in that direction. A tall man in a beret hat looking very stylish entered with a big grin on his face. “I see you’re talking to yourself again.”

 

Jimin grinned widely as he put the headphones down and gave his bestfriend, Taehyung, a hug. “Yo. When did you get here?”

 

“I just came from shooting a CF,” Taehyung said as he sat down on the nearest chair. Jimin leaned on the table, pleased to see one of his bestfriends after so long. He left Busan in a pretty bad shape and he knew his bestfriends, Taehyung and Jungkook, had been really worried about him especially after Nam Miso told them what is happening to him. They have witnessed his deterioration after his mother died and they didn’t know how they could help until the witch appeared. They couldn’t visit him during his “training” with Nam Miso since she told them they would disrupt the flow of his concentration and when he got his life back, they could only communicate through email and social media apps since they all got busy with their lives. Taehyung is now an A list actor who stars from one drama to another, from one movie to another. Jungkook stayed in Busan managing the business of his parents and is now considered one of the youngest billionaires in the country.

 

“He looks familiar,” Seulgi said after gaping at Taehyung. She had never seen anyone look so beautiful.

 

Jimin just gave her a glance then looked at the door when a girl in a pony tail also entered the studio room with a bottled wated in hand and wearing a very deep scowl on her face. “Here’s your drink,” she told Taehyung as she handed him a bottle. Jimin’s forehead creased wondering who she is and looked at Taehyung.

 

Taehyung gave her a haughty nod taking the bottle. The girl looked around the studio before addressing Jimin. “Is there somewhere I could sit that doesn’t look.. dirty?”

 

“Aish,” Taehyung muttered. “Just sit anywhere. Managers are not supposed to be picky.”

 

“I am not a manager!”

 

“You are until the president say otherwise,” Taehyung argued back then gave her the bottle. “Get me a coke instead. I don’t want this.”

 

“What?!”

 

Taehyung made a show of taking his phone out of his pocket. “I thnk I need to talk with the president.”

 

The girl just made a loud Ugh sound before snatching the bottle off Taehyung’s hand and walking out of the studio without a word to get him the coke he asked for. Taehyung snickered.

 

“Oh,” Seulgi said sounding disappointed. “Now I see why you two are friends. He’s a jerk too.”

 

“Who is she?” Jimin asked Taehyung ignoring Seulgi.

 

“Jennie Kim,” Taehyung told Jimin sounding exasperated. “Her father is a hollywood producer but she chose to be an actress here in Korea and wanted to learn everything from scratch.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“She doesn’t want to use her family’s connection in show business and wanted to make it on her own,” Taehyung said. “So our president made her my manager so she could learn.”

 

“And… that’s a bad thing?”

 

“She in managing,” Taehyung said sounding resigned. “She messes up my schedule, she growls at my fans, she hits me… she’s a nightmare.”

 

Jimin studied him before smirking. “You look like you’re enjoying it.”

 

He smirked. “I do enjoy pissing her off. She’s so… spoiled. President had asked me to train her how the business works so… here we are. Anyway, so what’s up with you? Did Jungkook ever come around here?”

 

“He calls and sends me various tracks to play,” Jimin told him. “Five of his songs were already bought by some producers. Had he told you that?”

 

“Can’t shut up about it,” Taehyung said with a shake of his head.

 

Jimin chuckled. Seulgi was watching the exchange but her mind was on that Jennie Kim. When she saw her enter, she looked familiar. Her name also sounds familiar. The two friends talked and laughed as they tried to catch up until Jennie appeared holding a bottled coke with a more pron

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter