Chapter 4

Trapped With My Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She had been in panic looking at the knobs in front of her wondering how long until she is taken out of Jimin’s body like it always happen. What am I gonna do?? Though the console looked familiar but she doesn’t want to touch anything. What if she did, messed up and get Jimin fired or something? She would no doubt Jimin would be breathing fire if that happens.

 

If he wouldn’t already once she gets out of his body.

 

Why is this keep happening? Then the music faded and stopped and she stiffened. Oh great. What am I going to do? She tried to turn on a switch but it didn’t give her anything. She had been trying to figure out what to do when the studio suddenly opened and a rather buff middle aged man appeared with brows furrowed.

 

“Is there any technical issues? The dead air is already five minutes.”

 

She just looked at him with widened eyes, opening but what could she say? The man looked at Jimin looking weird before going to the console and she immediately stood up to give him the space. The man flipped on a couple of switches and typed in something to the computer, moved the mouse and the music started again. He then looked at Jimin looking really strange standing in the corner with both his hands clasped together in front of him like he had done something wrong.


“You okay, Jimin?” he asked.

 

She just nodded without saying anything.

 

“Uh…,” the man continued. “You do know that out station manager is here today and monitoring the programs, right?”

 

She put a hand on . Great. She knows exactly what that means. “He’s not gonna get fired, right?” Great, great, great. If Jimin decided to help her and found her body, he would probably kill it himself.

 

“Huh?”

 

“I—I mean,” she tried to correct it. “I’m… I’m not gonna get fired, right?”

 

Before the man could answer, his phone rang and he immediately answered when he saw who was calling. “Boss. Yeah, it’s fixed. There was some technical issues but I’ve already fixed it. Yes.” He nodded before ending the call. “Are you really okay?” He had asked again after watching Jimin shift on his feet at the corner.

 

“Ye—No.” She’d better get out of here because she would really mess up Jimin’s job if she stayed. “No. I’m… I’m really not feeling well.”

 

“Yeah you look a little pale. Look, I’ll just tell boss you’re sick. Do you want to go home?”

 

He’s so nice! “Thank you,” she said. “Thank you so much. I’ll… I’ll go and have myself checked up. I think I’m going to get a fever.”

 

“This is a first,” the man said with a chuckle. “Now I can finally believe you’re human. Now, go. I’ll tell the boss.”

 

“Thank you.” She immediately went to the door before the man called him.

 

“Your bag.” He lifted a bag up off the floor and she immediately took it.

 

“Thank you. See, I’m really sick.” She just shook her head with an awkward laugh before practically sprinting out of the studio and down the hall to the elevator. She immediately got onto it and let a huge breath out when she was already inside the enclosure of the elevator. This accidental possession of Jimin’s body is not good for her nerves. Now the only thing she need to wait is to get out of Jimin’s body. She could’ve used this opportunity to find Jaebum since she was again inside a body but she already promised Jimin and she always make good on her promises. And definitely, Jimin would know this wasn’t by choice and he would see that she didn’t took advantage of being inside his body. He would still help her. Right?

 

And then she felt that nudge. That familiar nudge inside her and she knew she’s already going to get out. Or thrown out would be a better word. She was hurled through the elevator door at that exact moment it opened when it reached the ground floor.

 

She tried to stay on her feet when she was practically pitched forward and when she looked back to where Jimin is, he again wore that expression of sheer fury. Directed at her.

 

She opened to defend herself but no words came out. This is so unfair. This is really so unfair! Jimin didn’t step out of the elevator but just pressed a button, giving her one deathly glare before it closed. She gritted her teeth and clenched her fists before she ran to follow the elevator. God, it felt like she is going so slow! She was running but it felt like she is doing it in slow motion. She passed through the wall and finally got inside the elevator which seemed to have stopped on the second floor to allow other people in.

 

“That is not my fault!” She immediately told him when she got inside passing through a cleaning lady. Jimin was in the corner with his arms crossed and not looking at her. “I don’t know why it keeps happening!” She added but Jimin just stared—almost like glaring—at the numbers flashing on the elevator for each floor it passed. She watched him with brows furrowed wanting to complain at the injustice. How could Jimin treat her like this? She had told him numerous times that it is not her choice. That for some reason, something is forcing her onto his body. Force may not be the correct term but the sentiment still stands.

 

She crossed her arms across her chest and stayed on the opposite side of the elevator because Jimin might bust a vein if she came any closer. He’s probably doing an incantation inside his mind now. The elevator door opened and Jimin stepped out and she followed. “Are you going to just ignore me?”

 

Still he didn’t answer. “Fine,” she huffed. “I’ll hang around until you realize that I am innocent from possessing your body.” And probably guilt him enough to keep his promise of helping her.

 

Jimin strode over to the studio when the Chief Engineer, Park Joon, stepped out and looked at him in surprise. Jimin greeted him with abow of his head, “Joon hyung.”

 

“Jimin. Did you forget something?”

 

“I’m going to continue my program.”

 

“I thought you were sick?”

 

“I’m feeling better,” Jimin answered without a pause as if he knew what the soul had  used as an excuse to leave.

 

The Chief Engineer scrutinized him before he nodded. “If you’re sure. And Bang Shi-Hyuk is monitoring the programs so be careful with dead airs. He’s very attentive to that.”

 

“I will.” Jimin gave a nod of thanks before going inside the studio. Park Joon had already set up the auto playlist for the entire three hours and Jimin busied himself with re-arranging the program and continued ignoring the presence of an instrusive spirit standing by the studio door with a sscowling expression. Nam Miso should learn how to create a charm that would make Open Mediums like him un-see the spirits. She could even profit from it and Jimin would spend all his money just to have that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He had a really good speaking voice.

 

She had been watching Park Jimin do his job—like there is anything else to do in here—and listening to him while he do his spiel on the microphone for his listeners with a smile on his face, sounding so friendly and jovial like he didn’t know how to get angry. She had rolled his eyes the first time he had his microphone to speak but after lurking at the corner while he ignores her, she had realized that Park Jimin really do have a good voice. Not too low, not too high pitched… well okay maybe a little bit, but it sounded really cute especially if she would be listening to him through the radio, she’s sure about it.

 

She sighed through her nose as Jimin played a music and then turned the chair back on her as he played with his phone. She made a face at him. Jerk. She should’ve leave. It’s pretty obvious that he wouldn’t help her anymore anyway after what happened. He only issued his warning seconds before some cosmic power propelled her to him and he is not listening to any of her reasons. Why can’t he understand it is not her doing? Stubborn . Wait. She shouldn’t be thinking of it. She should be saying it out loud since he is adamant in pretending he doesn’t see or hear her.

 

“You are a stubborn ,” she said. Of course he didn’t even acknowledged that he heard that eventhough he did.

 

She scowled again. Yes, she should’ve leave. But where will she go? What, hang around in the streets like a haunting ghost? Try to posses someone’s body and hoping that it will also happen like what it happened with Park Jmin? She gets exhausted just by thinking about it after that array of disappointment she felt earlier when nothing worked. Yes, she knew she’s not a quitter but it is emotionally draining. Especially if you are just a flimsy soul. Maybe she will leave after an hour.

 

If she got fed up with Park Jimin disregarding her life and death situation.

 

The phone rang and she watched as Jimin swung his seat to answer it. He had a smile on his face as he spoke with whoever is on the other line and when he chuckled, probably to a joke the caller made, it sounded really cheerful and nice that she wanted to throw something at him. What a fake. She just rolled her eyes instead. This probably goes with the job. She had been around artists in the entertainment industry to know that not everyone is like what they seem to be on TV or any media platforms. That probably goes with DJs too.

 

Then she froze. Wait. Entertainment Industry. She narowed her eyes as she tried to catch that fleeting bout of a memory hovering inside her head, staring at a picture on the wall showing a male and female caricature with headphones on and music symbols.

 

Entertainment Industry.

 

Before the accident in her memory, she had been proud of closing a deal with Universal Records for a band.

 

Music.

 

Whatever she is, she is definite she had something to do with the music industry. An entertainment industry. Anticipation built up as she squinched her eyes shut then opened them again. Music. Her profession is probably something to do with music.

 

She had to get out of here.

 

She didn’t know what she is going to do but she have to get out of here. And do what she can. With that surge of recollection came a surge of energy in her and without a glance at Park Jimin, she flitted out of the room and disappeared through the glass window.

 

Jimin only glanced at the soul leaving through the window then rolled his eyes heavenward as he already know what’s going to happen. The studio is on the 21st floor.

 

And spirits or souls cannot fly. They can only drift or glide, maybe float upto a certain height. And if they fall off a high place… they fall. Though they cannot feel pain, he would’ve guessed the experience would be startling.

 

As it was, she heard a very loud shriek and he covered his ear with his hand and he pressed the phone on his other to block out the sound. Souls shrieks are really grating and could probably be used as a torture device. The only problem is, he’s the only one who can hear it.

 

“Are you still there?”

 

Jimin resumed his smile as he answered Mirin, the girl on the other line, requesting for songs to be played for her. “Yes. Sorry, I spaced out for a second. I haven’t got my coffee yet.”

 

The girl tittered. “Do you want me to bring you coffee?”

 

“And let you skip classes? I’m not a bad influence.” She was a high school student who had visited the radio station a couple of times with her friends and met him saying that she was a fan. For whatever that means since he is not a celebrity to be fanned over. “Stay in school. And don’t use your study hours to call the station. I think I have received two other calls from your friends.”

 

She giggled again. “They’re fans of you too. You could be a celebrity you know. Oof. My teacher’s coming. Play my song. I’ll be listening.”

 

He chuckled. “Study well, MIrin.” Then he placed the receiver down and proceeded in lining up Mirin’s request then he paused as his eyes drifted over to the window. He wondered where the soul is going now. She probably gained her memories back and off to find her body.

 

Finally.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jimn didn’t realize that it was already seven in the evening until he heard the grumble of his stomach, calling for some nutrition after delaying lunch—or forgetting about lunch. After his program, he went straight to the recording studio to continue the song that he is trying to complete and forgot about everything save for the song he was making. It was the only time that he was able to feel the serenity of his weird life and none of the other DJs use the room so he was able to utilize all equipments as much as he likes and stay as long as he wanted to.

 

His stomach made a deep grumble again and he decided it’s already time to go. He turned the piano off and gathered all the papers with his drafted compositions, folded it in half and stuffed inside his backpack before leaving the room. He made a motion to Youngjae, the DJ manning the program at that time, through the glass door that he’ll go ahead and he nodded with a smile.

 

He’s already thinking of what to eat at OneWorld steakhouse, a restaurant with the most delicious food in affordable prices, as he stepped out of the building when he caught sight of that soul slowly gliding in front of the entrance with a gloomy expression. He stopped and just watched her go back and forth, passing through walking people and he wondered if the fall that happened earlier made her go crazy. Can spirits even go crazy?

 

The soul seem to have sensed his presence as she looked up to see him standing by the entrance door. turned downwards in misery as she met his eyes. He sighed through his nose and resumed walking down the steps to go to the restaurant’s direction.

 

He didn’t know what she had gone through today. When she fell from that height earlier that morning, she almost want to puke when she landed face first on the asphalt and she was worried her face might’ve gotten smashed or something even though she didn’t feel anything when she fell right smack on the ground. There is no pain but there was deifnitely that disconcerting feeling aftermath. Kind of like riding a very extreme ride in a theme park and then you get off with your whole body turning into a shaking jelly. After making that discovery that she cannot actually fly, she started to walk towards the crowd of people looking around then looking up at the building. Surely there would be some bit of memory she would regain if she spotted something that is part of her. She had walked around, block by block, street by street, then trying to get into someone else’s body recalling that feeling of be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter