Chapter 14

Trapped With My Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi sighed heavily as she stared at the space where she was earlier then looked at the body she is currently in. Yep, she shouldn’t have done that.

 

She closed her eyes in consternation as she plopped herself down on the sofa, throwing the towel on the floor that Jimin had draped around his shoulders earlier.

 

I just told Park Jimin i really like him. No. I just told Park Jimin that I’m falling inlove with him. She doesn’t know if she would regret it or feel relieved that it had gotten out of her system. Damn, stupid emotions! Why can’t she hold anything back? Why is she so… emotional? She just possessed Jimin last night and now she possessed him again. What the hell is she going to do while in Jimin’s body? She certainly cannot go outside since he’s sick and she definitely wouldn’t want him to be sicker. She doubted he ever had a good rest ever since she came into his life.

 

She sighed heavily again as she remembered that… horrified look in Jimin’s face before her soul descended on him. Was it such a horrific thought that a soul is… kinda… sorta… inlove with him? He should be flattered. It’s me, Kang Seulgi, who just confessed to him. He should be really flattered. Maybe that’s what she looked like when he had told her he loves her last night. Psshh. She scoffed at herself. No, I don’t think so. Her face was probably more of like a shock and his was more of… nightmarish-terror-wanting-to-wake-up expression.

 

She stood up and went to the mirror, staring at Jimin’s reflection, etched with annoyance right now. Well, if she couldn’t talk to Jimin, she might as well talk to his face. “I don’t even know why I’ve liked you to begin with. You’ve been nothing but really rude to me since the beginning. If you’re going to be rude and mean, then you should’ve continued being like that. Why did you have to show your… other character and expected that I wouldn’t feel anything? That’s cheating!” She crossed her arms in front of her as she frowned at Jimmin’s reflection who was frowning back. “I’ve always been inlove with JB….” She exhaled in sharp breath and threaded her hands on Jimin’s short hair. “Aish! I hate this.” She pointed a finger in the mirror. “I don’t like this any more than you do! Maybe this is an effect of the… this soulmate thing and everything will return to normal once I get back inside my body.” She gave a nod as she believed that. “That’s right. This is just an effect of that… thing. So I really hope to god this wouldn’t make things awkward because I really hated feeling awkward. You hear me Park Jimin? This is just temporary, okay? So don’t take it to heart.” She gave Jimin’s reflection a glare who only copied her expression. Then her face transformed into pout as she placed a hand on the cold surface of the mirror. “I know this isn’t a good time to say it but…” she sighed loudly. “… how can your face be so small and cute?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaebum was in a good mood while he looked at the passing houses but it instanly vanished as he sighted the CHA GLOBAL INDUSTRIES building. He had always visited Seulgi here and take documents from her desk when she pester him to be her errand boy. So no one would be suspicious of him suddenly going inside her office again. He will just say he’s looking for some documents for iGot7.

 

Well, damn it’s making him feel nervous. He had never done anything covert before especially if it’s against one of the most powerful figure in the society. He fisted his hand and swallowed hard. Whatever Cha Seung-won is planning… he hoped they would have enough time to foil that. The only important thing in all this is to get Seulgi out. Alive.

 

He was already walking on the hallway nodding to some people who greeted him when his phone rang. It was an unknown number. He answered immediately thnking it was something to do with the witness his Private Investigator found. “Yes?”

 

“JB? Oh thank god!” A male voice said. “I couldn’t quite remember the last digits of your number. You have no idea how many numbers I’ve dialed to get you.”

 

He paused. “Who’s this?”

 

“It’s me, Seulgi. Or… Jimin, I guess.”

 

“Seu—” He stopped as he passed by some of the staff. He cleared his throat as he got inside the elevator. “How did you….”

 

“I got inside him. Again. I think it was a couple of minutes after you left.”

 

Jaebum lowered his voice a little as more people loaded the elevator. “How do you that?”

 

“Oh… um… it just… it just happens once in a while?” She sounds flustered.

 

“Well, maybe it’ll be a good idea to… to stay that way for a little while until… we find the answer,” he said vaguely.

 

“Jimin can kick me out and frankly, I didn’t want to stay as him for a longer period of time.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Uh… hello? He’s a guy. Do you know that I’ve been holding the call of nature because I didn’t want to… you know.”

 

Jaebum immediately agreed to that. “You’re right.” He got off the elevator when it reached Seulgi’s office floor.

 

“Are you already in my office?” Seulgi asked.

 

“Not yet. I just hope your secretary wouldn’t ask questions.”

 

“Just flutter your eyes, she’s going to let you through without a moment’s hesitation,” she answered. “She’s been crushing on you for so long, I can’t believe you never noticed it.”

 

Jaebum snorted. “Don’t be ridiculous.”

 

“Of course, you wouldn’t notice that,” she muttered.

 

Jaebum grinned. It’s a man’s voice but it’s Seulgi’s words alright. Seulgi’s secretary stood up when she saw him, a big smile painting her face. “Oh, Mr. Im, good morning!”

 

Jaebum nodded at her with a smile. “I’m just going to get some papers from Seulgi’s desk.” He was about to walk past her when she blocked his way.

 

“Mr. Im.” A look of regret on her face. “I’m really so sorry. CEO Cha Seung-won instructed us not to let anyone inside Ms. Kang’s office.”

 

“Oh you have got to be kidding me,” Seulgi said on the other line as she heard that.

 

“Give me a minute,” Jaebum told her on the phone before looking at Seulgi’s secretary. “I know that. I just needed the copy of the contract that Seulgi has for iGot7.”

 

“I’m really sorry—”

 

Jaebum took a step closer to her flashing his most charming smile. “Tell you what. Let’s just keep this our little secret, what do you say?” He stared straight into her eyes.

 

The secretary looked ready to combust and Jaebum knew he got her. She gave a small laugh, her cheeks flushed then looked around them. “Alright, Mr. Im. Just… just don’t tell.”

 

“Like I said, it’s our little secret.” He gave her a wink, flashed his smile and walked inside Seulgi’s office. He put his phone on his ear again. “I’m inside.”

 

“Tell me my secretary is still alive,” Seulgi said in a wry tone obviously hearing that exchange.

 

“Hey, you said to use my charm.”

 

“No I didn’t,” Seulgi said. “I just said she had a crush on you.”

 

“Well, her crush on me is susceptible to my charm,” Jaebum argued back. “Hence, using my charm.”

 

“Whatever.” Jaebum’s grin turned wider as he could just imagine Seulgi rolling her eyes. “Have you seen the vault yet?”

 

“I’m walking right to it,” Jaebum said. “Are we going to meet after this?”

 

“I can’t,” Seulgi said. “Jimin’s sick and I really don’t want him to be sicker. He needs his rest.” Then she asked sweetly, “Can you drive those files here? Please?”

 

Jaebum crouched down as he opened the cabinet to see the medium-sized vault inside. “You know that would’ve been effective if you didn’t have that male baritone.” He started with the combination.

 

“Well, this male baritone could be a big asset in iGot7. Do you know Jimin writes and produce songs? You should listen to it someday.”

 

Jaebum smirked. “I could’ve but I remembered someone stopping me from accepting the demo a DJ was trying to give me.”

 

“I was drunk. I turn y when I’m drunk,” Seulgi defended herself as Jaebum referenced that night that Jimin tried to give a demo tape to him from years ago.

 

Jaebum pressed the open button and it made a satisfying click sound. He opened it. “Okay, there’s a box and a bunch of papers.”

 

“Take the box. It has a disc right?”

 

Jaebum opened the box and sure enough, there was a rectangular case inside it. “Yes, there is.”

 

“Good. Take that and if there are any papers that are inside that vault, take that too.”

 

Jaebum was about to take the box when he heard the high pitched voice of Seulgi’s secretary. “Mr. Cha! Good morning!”

 

“,” Jaebum cursed as he immediately put the box and the papers inside the box again ans closed the vault.

 

“What? What’s happening?”

 

“Your Uncle’s here.” He closed the cabinet door.

 

“Ah ,” Seulgi cursed too. “JB, be careful, okay? I didn’t—”

 

Jaebum closed the call and almost flew to Seulgi’s chair at the exact moment the door opened. Cha Seung-won halted in his tracks when he found Jaebum sitting behind Seulgi’s desk. Jaebum looked up and smiled at him. “Good morning, Chairman.”

 

Cha Seung-won only gave him a cold glare before calling the secretary. “I remember specifically telling you not to let anyone inside Seulgi’s office.”

 

“I’m sorry, Mr. Cha—” The secretary started.

 

“It’s all my fault, Chairman.” Jaebum stood up from Seulgi’s chair. “I was looking for a copy of the contract for iGot7 since I would meeting with the President today. I remembered Seulgi kept the original and the copy inside her desk drawer so I just thought to get it myself.”

 

Cha Seung-won’s eyes was fixed on Jaebum unblinkingly.

 

“Unfortunately, I think she might have put it elsewhere,” Jaebum said. “I’m really sorry for causing inconvenience.” He gave a half bow before straightening up again with a look of curiousity on his face. “By the way, what do you need inside Seulgi’s office?”

 

“What business is that of yours?”

 

Jaebum shrugged. “Nothing. I was just curious.” He gave another smile. “I’ll take my leave now.” He walked past Cha Seung=won’s rigid form, tucking his hands inside the pocket of his pants so Cha Seung-won wouldn’t see it shaking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi paced back and forth biting Jimin’s nails nervously as she waited for Jaebum to call back. Oh god, I hope he’s okay. She looked at the screen of Jimin’s phone again and anxiously waited. She doesn’t want to call in case he’s still face to face with evil. 

 

She paced back and forth some more before it rang and she answered in one ring. “JB!”

 

“Yes, I survived.”

 

“Oh my god.” She felt a huge relief and she plopped back down on the sofa. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

 

“I got out of the face of death alive, so yeah. I think I’m okay.”

 

“Where are you?”

 

“Going back to my car. I… I wasn’t able to get the disc.”

 

“I know. You would be a complete idiot if you still take that. My Uncle would give you a full body search if he saw you walking out with something from my office.”

 

“I’ll try again when your Uncle is overseas. I heard he’s meeting someone in Hongkong next week.”

 

“No, don’t do that,” Seulgi answered shaking her head. “I’m pretty sure my Uncle is already installing CCTV cameras inside my office after today.”

 

“I think I got your secretary in trouble.”

 

“I know that too. I’ll make sure to double her salary when I get back,” she sighed. “Or reinstate her if Uncle fired her. Oh god. Have you realized how many people are already getting involved with this? Maybe I should—”

 

“Don’t you ever continue saying that,” Jaebum cut her off sounding angry. “A lot of people wanted you back and if you give up now, you’re wasting everyone’s efforts into bringing you back.”

 

Pause. “Um… I was saying maybe I should think of some other plan? But okay. Thanks for the pep talk.” She grinned.

 

Jaebum smirked really missing this Seulgi. “Our one other plan is this witness. I just hope I can talk to her.”

 

“Let’s just hope that she isn’t a fake. What you said that she had stated is exactly what the news said about what happened. She could be a trap set by my Uncle.”

 

Jaebum had thought about it as well. “I know,” he said. “But there’s no harm in trying to see if she isn’t a fake.”

 

“Yeah, only harm to you,” Seulgi countered. “Maybe you should let your private investigator handle this. I mean, let’s say she isn’t a fake, what makes you so sure she would trust you when you suddenly popped out of nowhere?”

 

Jaebum grinned trying to ease the worry off her tone. “You’re forgetting who you’re talking to. It’s me, Im Jaebum. The god of persuasion.”

 

Seulgi sighed loudly knowing how Jaebum is just trying to downplay the danger. “JB.”

 

Jaebum smiled as he reached his car, nodding to his driver but didn’t get inside the backseat yet. “I’m gonna be fine. Besides, I already hired my bodyguards so as soon as I landed, I don’t believe even photographers would get a snap of me.”

 

Seulgi made a face. “As if.”

 

“Don’t worry, okay,” Jaebum said sounding serious now. “I’m gonna be fine. You’ll come back and… we’re going to fight this together.”

 

Seulgi felt sudden loneliness engulfing her. She can never rely on anybody as much as she relies on Im Jaebum. “Thank you,” she said softly.

 

“It’s not free,” Jaebum said jokingly. “I’ll be asking for something when you get back.”

 

“I hope it’s not my millions.”

 

Jaebum chuckled even with her half-hearted joke. “No, I promise it wouldn’t be your wealth.” He checked his watch. “I’ll call you later, okay. Or… if you’re still… inside him. Maybe I could talk to you in person.”

 

Seulgi sighed again. “I doubt that. Jimin hated souls possessing his body so I’m pretty sure he’d be kicking me out in a matter of minutes.”

 

Jaebum tilted his head with a wry expression because he really couldn’t get used to hearing and knowing about Park Jimin’s powers. Or gift. Or… whatever it is even though he had already spoken with Seulgi while she is inside Jimin.

 

It’s just so weird.

 

“Be careful okay?” Seulgi said. “And call me when you get in the US. Or… call Jimin’s number. So I would know you’re still alive.”

 

“Alright, I will,” Jaebum assured her as he opened the car door and slipped inside.

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter