Chapter 3

Trapped With My Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yes, dad, I think I can come home in time for your birthday. I promise.” She giggled over the joke that his father made as she waited for the car to take her to the airport. “I think Jaebum’s going to be thrilled to hear the good news.” She had just closed a record deal with Universal Records for one of their artists and knew this has been Jaebum’s goal since he had debuted the group in Korea. She couldn’t wait to see him so she could tell him the good news. “No, don’t call him.” She stopped her dad when he said he will call Jaebum. “I want to be the one to tell him.” Then she rolled her eyes but the smile on her face stayed. “Jaebum’s my bestfriend, dad. There is nothing going on between us.” Though of course her best friend didn’t know that she had been inlove with him since they were in high school. She saw the car coming to a stop in front of her. “I gotta go, dad. See you!” She gave a loud kissing sound before ending the call. The valet opened the door and she nodded her thanks as she slid inside.

 

The ride to the airport was supposed to be for only 30 minutes from the hotel she was staying at but when she looked up from her phone, her brows furrowed when she caught sight of dry lands and barren trees.

 

“Sorry Miss, I got lost,” the driver apologized when he saw her looking through the windows with a frown.

 

She tried not to feel too annoyed. She had a plane to catch, a schedule to fulfill but she needs to be a little patient since he is a new driver that his father had hired for her. She hasn’t got her license yet so she really couldn’t drive on her own. “That’s alright. Do you need a GPS? I think we’re already driving out of town.”

 

But before he could answer, a speeding car suddenly appeared beside them and she watched in confusion as the window from the passenger seat rolled down. Horror struck her as she watched a man in black sunglasses with a black cap pull out a gun. She was almost thrown back to her seat when her quick-witted driver stepped on the gas and they sped off.

 

“What is happening?!” She yelled gripping the back of the front seat in panic.

 

But her driver didn’t answer as he swerve to avoid the car tailing them, speeding down on the empty road. She ducked down with a cry the instant she heard a shot then a loud bang. Her driver let out an expletive as he tried to regain control of the wheel knowing they shot the back tire.

 

“Oh my god,” she cried as she felt the car almost flying off the ground. She heard screeches of tires, then another shot as her driver tried to get away. The panic seizing her is so indescribable that she felt paralyzed even when she was being thrown sideways, right and left, as the car took even more speed. She had never imagined in her entire life that there will come a time that this will happen to her. What is their purpose? Are they going to try to kidnap her? Did they follow her here to abduct her?

 

She was again thrown to the side when her driver made a sharp right turn and she was gasping as she tried to sit up and tried to look for her phone to call her dad but she froze when she saw the black car speeding next to theirs.

 

And the man aiming the gun at them.

 

She ducked down again as she heard the shot fired and the back window exploded. Another shot and it hit another tire. She didn’t realize she was already screaming as the car spiraled out of control, the dust flying, tires screeching as her driver still tried to control the wheel until it skidded down on a steep hill, going fast. She was still screaming and before she even realized it, the car smashed on a truncated tree and she was flown forward, her head hitting the cracked windshield.

 

 

 

 

Her knees gave out as her eyes stared at the horror of a car accident happening right in front of her but her vision is seeing another crash. A lot of people already ran over to the car trying to help the driver and its passengers out but she was held immobilized.

 

A shot.

 

A crash.

 

She was in it.

 

That was her memory.

 

That was her.

 

She didn’t realize she was already gasping softly as her brain replayed that scene inside her head making her feel the fear once again… making her feel like she was transported back to that crash….

 

“Jimin? You okay?”

 

She vaguely heard that until she felt a tap on her shoulder and saw a middle aged man looking down at her in concern. She was just gaping at him blankly before he spoke again. “Jimin?”

 

Jimin?

 

She blinked still looking blank then like a zap, she was brought back to the present. She realized she was on her knees and she immediately stood up, brushing the dirt from the knees on her pants.

 

Then froze.

 

Then slowly looked down at herself.

 

With Jimin’s clothes.

 

She’s inside him again!

 

“Are you okay?”

 

was slightly open as she looked at the middle aged man asking her and she managed to nod and speak, “Yes.” Her voice sounded so weird.

 

Because it’s not hers.

 

She cleared and took out the earphones Jimin had put in his ears and stuffed it inside his bag. “Yes. Yes I’m fine.” She gave a small nod of thanks to the old man but inside her, she can feel that optimism blossoming when she realized she’s inside Jimin’s body. A living body. A positive turn for all the negative things that is happening to her right now. This is her chance! She have to find out about herself. She didn’t know how long she can use his body but she have to take what little minute she might have.

 

She looked right and left trying to figure out which way to take as she was bombarded with questions by the bit of a memory she was able to retrieve in that few seconds. She threaded her finger through Jimin’s short hair. Where should she start? Where to go? Okay, I need to calm down. Her chest—or Jimin’s chest, is still heaving as she racked her brain and tried to arrange it into a more organized direction. She started to run and walk at the same time, away from the car accident just across the street, ignoring the sirens of the ambulance coming or the rev of an oncoming police in his motorbike. She didn’t know where to go but just to get away from here.

 

She got into an accident.

 

No, that wasn’t an accident. Somebody tried to kill her.

 

Kill them. Her and her driver.

 

And they fell off a cliff where she died after her head smashed on the glass windshield.

 

She shook her head and ignored several people frowning at her when she bumped into them without even giving an apology. But Jimin said she’s not dead but just a lost soul.

 

And between being dead or being lost, she would definitely choose to believe the latter. What did Park Jimin said earlier? She was a wandering soul? Because she was disconnected from her body? And she need to find her body?

 

She needs to find her body.

 

That was it! Her feet slowed down. Yes, she needs to find her body. In whatever state it is right now. If she’s not dead, then her body is probably in a coma.

 

Somewhere.

 

And she’s in danger.

 

She could feel herself already calmed enough to plan. She doesn’t have enough memory but that accident is her hope.

 

Jaebum.

 

Yes, she remembered Jaebum. Her best friend.

 

The love of her life.

 

She remember his voice, his form, his choice of clothes… Even if she couldn’t put a face on it, she remembers him. Jaebum. Her Jaebumie.

 

She had to find him first. He will definitely help her.

 

A directory!

 

Where will she find a directory? City hall?

 

She should probably ask the people around where it is located and she could go from there. She couldn’t remember Jaebum’s last name but hell, she’ll call everyone named Jaebum that is on the list.

 

She was about proceed to the crosswalk when she felt it. That shove that seemed to be coming from inside but before she could even figure it out, she was flung forward.

 

Like what happened earlier.

 

Like a strong force that pushed and threw her.

 

She find herself lying down in the middle of the street. She didn’t have time to scream when she saw a speeding car coming at her.

 

No.

 

Through her.

 

It whizzed past followed by another car, then a bus, then another car.

 

She was in the middle of the street while the traffic light signalled the red light for pedestrians. Her soul was in the middle of the street while the speeding vehicles passed through her.

 

And she saw him. Jimin.

 

He was looking right at her.

 

And the rage she saw in his face was indescribable that she knew she had never met anyone who had ever looked at her this way.

 

His jaw was clenched so tight it felt like he would break his molars, his hands bunched into tight fists that he could literally feel the nails digging into his palms. He was beyond furious that he was shaking from it.

 

The light turned green and the people scurried to cross but he just stood there and watched the people pass her translucent form as she was on the ground half sitting, looking at him with her widened eyes. He couldn’t bring himself to say anything. He couldn’t even yell.  He just turned the other way and stomped off.

 

She watched him walk away with that angry gait and she could still feel the fury emanating from him. She slowly stood up feeling so… so regretful. She wanted to cry.

 

She just wanted to find herself.

 

To find Jaebum.

 

Why can’t Jimin understand that? She just wanted to borrow his body until she find which hospital she’s in. Why is he so selfish? Why is he getting so mad over a few minutes of her borrowing his body? It’s not like she’s to steal his body or anything.

 

A teenage boy suddenly crossed the street and caught her eye. Her eyes narrowed, her musings suddenly forgotten.

 

If Jimin refused to help, then she’ll just use other bodies. She stalked the teenage boy, determination filling her. Her steps gradually turned into a run and when she was close enough, she jumped to go inside him. This has to work. It has to!

 

But she found herself sprawled on the sidewalk as the teenage boy walk past her, his shoe just slipped though on her face as he continued on his merry way. Dammit. No, she’s not going to to give up. She scrambled to her feet and saw a tall woman. Without any preliminaries, she ran over and jumped on her too.

 

Again, she found herself falling on the asphalt. And again she didn’t give up. She got to her feet and scanned the people walking. There’s gotta be someone she’s going to fit into. When she goes into Jimin’s body, it felt like a piece of clothing fitting perfectly on her. Maybe she needs to find someone of Jimin’s size. She walked a little more scanning the people then spotted a guy just crossing the street who looked like he could be Jimin’s size with the height and body type. She felt nervous as she stared at him and like a slow motion, she darted towards him. This is going to work! She jumped on her feet and dove into him. It will!

 

And there she goes rolling on the highway as she had all but passed through him like air. She gave a small scream from instinct when a motorbike passed her. She threw up her hands in frustration as she stood up and screamed at the top of her lungs. “Is there anyone who can see me??!!”

 

But of course it fell on deaf ears. She looked around hoping to meet someone’s eyes while she was in the middle of the highway letting the cars pass thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter