I need somebody

Mr. Unknown

Sana kept singing “All for you” every time I got close to her.  Momo thought it was a great idea to sing a part of 7th sense when she was helping Dahyun with one of the more complicated choreographies to our dance break. While Dahyun, being the army that she is decided it was only fair for her to sing a line of Blood sweat and tears every time she was wiping her sweat away. Even on our way home,  the girls thought it’d be hilarious to play nothing but Seventeen, BTS, EXO or NCT songs all throughout the ride home. 

 

What did I get myself into? 


Thankfully the teasing eventually died down. A lot of things were on our minds. Our nervousness and anxiety leading up to the concert filled both our minds and our hearts. There was simply no room for anything else. 

 

Fortunately things changed for us right after our first concert. 

 

 After receiving all the applause, the handshakes, the hugs, the tears and the speeches, the girls and I were at an all time high. We rode that wave of euphoria all the way to the next concert, then to the japanese debut, the korean comeback and all the press events in between. We were restless, but felt like we were invincible. 

 

Until it all crashed down. 

 

My knees started to hurt during our stages. I ignored it at first, I’ve had similar pain before that eventually went away after some proper rest. Unfortunately, this time the pain only got worse, but I kept ignoring it and discreetly took meds to alleviate the pain. 

Mina noticed it first. She commented that my dancing was lacking the usual “Jihyo Energy” that she’s used to seeing. Soon after, Jeongyeon noticed my pain meds and questioned why I was taking it a lot more than the usual midol for monthly cramps. Surprisingly it was the maknae Tzuyu who took action. She reported it to the manager right away and because my knees were only getting worse, I could no longer make any excuses. I gave in and got my knees examined.

 It was worse than I thought, and they had no choice but to suspend me from upcoming activities so I could get surgery for my knee, 1 full week dedicated to rest and recovery and 2 weeks for rehabilitation. The management team made it clear that I was to not have Twice related schedule for 3 full weeks. 

 

Including the Switzerland trip that I’ve been looking forward to since last year. 

 

At first I was devastated. Even if it was going to be for a show, it was the first time since debut that we were going to Europe as a group- for fun. I almost wished that I held out for just a few more weeks just so I could come to the trip. It was so close. 

It was around day 2 of post surgery when I got my sanity back. I was no longer devastated but instead felt deep shame for my actions. I realized how irresponsible it was to not prioritize my health. If the same thing happened to a member, I’d expect them to let me know right away and not hide it from the management. 

==

Being stuck at home has been so mind numbingly boring though. I was so used to having a fully packed schedule that I was feeling restless. My mind and body were both craving for something to do. My sisters were in school most of the time and were busy with their studies. My parents who took some time off to accompany me during my surgery were now back to work and had their own schedules to abide by. 

Although the girls kept me entertained with their silly antics during the trip and my phone constantly buzzing of updates on the group chat, I still felt like I was missing out. The manager even sent me videos of the girls performing Knock Knock publicly in different places in Switzerland, something we could never do as freely in Korea. It just looked so much fun. 

Good morning.

How’s the patient feeling today???

Today’s the 2nd last day of your rest and recovery week! 

Ready to dance your heart out?

I smile as I received the message. I look up to check the time - 8:03 am- he’s right on time as usual. Ever since the news broke out of my injury, he’s been messaging me more frequently. Even though it seemed like a busy time for him, he never failed to send me at least a message in the morning and one at night. 

Good morning. 

I’m okay, you?

No dancing yet, but even before that, 

I just want to leave my house already!!!

TT__TT

Just a few minutes after I sent my message, I was surprised to get a reply back right away. Usually, he’d be on the go so won’t be sending another one at least a few hours after. 

Just okay? 

I’m great! Finally had a day off today so I can do whatever I want!

Although to be honest,

I just really want to visit you and keep you company 

So you won’t be so bored ;)

Oh gods, I felt attacked. I should be used to his sneaky one liners by now, but it still manages to make my heart flutter. I can’t tell if this boy is an expert or just naturally gifted at making girls go crazy. I try to keep myself calm enough to compose a neutral response, but before I could send in my reply I quickly changed it to something er...less neutral.  

Too bad you chose to be anonymous huh?

I would have welcomed your company. 

 

Almost as soon as I messaged back, I instantly regretted it. Was I too forward? Before I can panic text Nayeon unnie, I feel my phone signal a response. 

 

I know, I’m regretting it now. 

But hopefully the next time you’d be feeling this way, 

I’ll be by your side. 

 

I swear this guy is an expert. 

I felt my palms tingle, my cheeks burn and my heart beating crazily. This guy is gonna be the death of me, and I don’t even know who he is! 

Although I was fully affected by him, I remembered Nayeon’s advice and sent him a “We’ll see” back, hoping that it will mask the fact that I was completely affected by his words. 

He sends me back a gif of guy looking wounded and he then changed back to a more neutral topic. Before I could send back a reply, I made sure to screen capture his previous message so I can remember to share it to the “Find Hyo’s mystery man/FHMM” group chat that the girls created. 

Since he truly had a free day to himself, we continuously chatted throughout the day and only stopped texting when he was spending time with his family or friends. He updated me the entire time. I may not know who he is, but I got to know more things about him. 

He sent me pictures of the usual path he walks around his parents neighborhood, specifically sending lots of cherry blossom pictures along the way since he knew how much I liked them. I found out what drinks he liked to order, what food he preferred, and what song he was listening to at the moment. I was pleased to know that he liked listening to DAY6 sunbaenim, and we both gushed about their everyDay6 project and both wished we could attend their monthly concert together. 

Although he kept his family a secret, he shared little tidbits about his friends. Aside from s, he doesn’t have too many, but he has a solid group of friends that he’s been hanging out with since they were in middle school. One of his best friends is actually a certified Once, and took a bunch of pictures of the merch he bought from our recent concert. Apparently his friends knew about “his Park Jihyo Bias”, but he left out the part that he was regularly texting me out of respect for my own privacy. 

After his dinner with friends, we ended up texting some more throughout the night. Before he went to sleep, he texted me his usual “Good night and sweet dreams” and a reminder that just because he might be reply less often tomorrow because of recordings, I still have to text him an update on my doctor's appointment tomorrow. 

I texted him a “Yes, Mother.” and quickly bid him goodnight. 

=

The next day was pretty much the same. My family had the same routine, Mr. Unknown texts me his usual morning greetings, and I spent another unproductive day in bed. 

The girls went crazy over the screen capped message I shared on our FHMM group chat, and spent almost the entire morning replying back and laughing at responses. The girls also used their free time to tease me by spamming pictures of the “suspects” on the group chat. 

I noticed that the girls have started to be very blatant about who they’re rooting for/ hoping for. Mina and Sana were HUGE Exo-L’s before debut and were sending in a lot of Chanyeol sunbaenim’s pictures in the group chat. Dahyun and Chae teamed up and was spamming a lot of BTS memes and pictures specifically of Jungkook-ssi and surprisingly posting pictures of another member- Suga sunbaenim in the group chat. When Jungyeon questioned why “Yoongi-oppa” was added when he wasn’t even on the list, Dahyun gleefully responds by sending us a “Yoonghyo” fmv that she found on the internet. Oh Dubu… 

I knew Nayeon unnie and Tzuyu was going to Seventeen biased, but they both had different guys in mind. While Tzuyu has been TeamDK all the way, Nayeon unnie surprisingly added a new member in the list and have been sharing pictures of Hoshi sunbaenim in the group chat, stating that a rumour has circulated that I was his “ideal type”. Jungyeon being friends with “Doyoung-ah” have taken a team NCT stance, and has roped a reluctant Momo in her team, not wanting to be the only member in “TeamNCT”. 

=

=

By 2 pm my mom arrived from work to help me get ready and accompany me to my first doctor’s appointment since my surgery. My doctor was pleased that I was recovering quite nicely and noted that although the scars from the surgery were visible for now, it should be fading in the next few months. I have a feeling that I’d have to wear pants or knee high socks for our next comeback. I didn’t really care too much, as long as I’d be able to dance again. 

Just as I was leaving the hospital, I received a message from Mr. Unknown. 


Hey! I just finished my recording =)

Have you been examined yet?

What did the doctor say?

 

With my mom right beside me, I was trying my best not to give anything away. I was just not ready to tell her about him yet, especially not fully knowing who he is. 

Hey, good job!

And Yes, just left the hospital and heading home now.

I am finally out of bedrest~~

Will be starting rehabilitation tomorrow =)

After I sent my reply, I quickly turned my phone into silent mode and stuffed it inside my bag. Our house was just a few minutes drive from the hospital, but I needed to make sure I knew where I was going when I do my walks in the next few weeks as part of rehabilitation. It was springtime in Guri and the cherry blossoms were in full bloom. For the first time since debut, I’d finally able to enjoy walking (as best as I could) the streets of my childhood during my favourite season of the year. 

Both of my sisters were home from school by the time we arrived home. While Jiyoung went straight to mom to ask about food, Seo Yeon quietly dragged me up the stairs as soon as I entered the house. I could tell she wanted me to move faster, but since I was still on crutches, it was impossible to move faster especially when walking up the stairs to my bedroom. 

I could smell something extremely fragrant as soon as I entered my room. When I search around to find where the smell was coming from, there was a huge bouquet of red carnations placed on my vanity. 

“You are so lucky unnie that our parents weren’t home when these got delivered! Imagine what they would say?? Anyway, I didn’t know you were dating anyone sis! Congratulations~ although It’s pretty risky with the ban and all right?” 

Before I Seo Yeon could continue her speech, I interrupted her to tell her that I was not dating anyone and that It was probably just from the company or one of my friends. 

“But it’s red unnie!! Light red! And it symbolizes admiration and love~~ how romantic right? Don’t worry Jiyoung and I didn’t open the card, but you should hurry up and take a look!” she said with so much excitement. 

I look at her, and I grabbed the card from the side of the bouquet, but before I could open it. I decided that I’d want to open it alone and shooed my sister away from room with a promise to share the details after supper. 

 

I took a deep breath and opened the envelope and it read;

 

I hope you don’t mind that I got your address from that mutual friend of ours

I may not be able to personally accompany you for the day, 

But I hope that these flowers would be good enough for now. 

I noticed that you seem to really like the flowers we receive during the music and award shows,

So hopefully these will make your day. 

Good luck with your rehabilitation!


Yay another chapter up~~ 

Thank you for the readers that commented on the last chapter! I really appreciate it <3

some adjustments were made to "the list" inspired by those comments 

there are alot of Bangtwice shippers out there~ Dahyun would be proud. lol

** I'm a firm JiminxJeongyeon shipper (I live for their "beef" hahahha) so I don't think I can ship him with Jihyo haha. 

I mostly got my Jihyo ships from the many "ship videos" on youtube, so I'm pretty curious how your own Jihyo ship started? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<3<3<3<3<3<3

Also this has nothing to do with this ship, and has everything to do with my own fandom: 

I don't know if ya'll noticed, but the chapter titles are actually from Day6  songtitles ;p 

I just watched their MGMA performance and win, and I am so freaking happy for them!!!

If you don't know them, I suggest checking out their Day6 medley called "Bookmarks" from their MGMA performance

#stanDay6