Wish

Mr. Unknown

Yes, Very

Only two words, yet the reply got my heart racing, but only for a little bit as I let my rational self take over. Hoping for some guidance, I looked for Nayeon, but she looked like she was preoccupied with Sana and the maknae trio. I take a deep breath and try to think of a way to redirect our conversation to a more friendly manner.

Don’t worry Got7 sunbaenims are really friendly!

You’d have no trouble making friends with them. :)

I replied, hoping that he’ll understand what I was trying to do. Not a second later, I read his reply.

 

I see what you did there :)

Anyway, I heard you guys will have your first solo concert in a few weeks! How are you fairing- leader-nim?

 

I smile, he wasn’t lying when he said he was a ONCE. I’m also glad he got the hint, and was willing to slow down into my pace. 

:)

We’ve been working on this concert for a few months now, even before the awards season so even though we need to rehearse a bit more, I feel like we’re definitely ready.

I’m way more nervous for the comeback though. I feel like whatever success we got from Cheer up and TT can just go away anytime.

How about you, any big plans after awards seaon?

I hope he gives me some sort of hint. Even though I’m not ready to find out exactly who he is, there's nothing wrong with trying to find out what group he is in. I hope he’s not too far from my age. It’d be awkward if he’s a sunbaenim thats far older or rookie group that’s younger than the current trainees in the company. *shudder*. 

Wow back to back awards season, concert and THEN comeback? Your company sure work you guys to the bone huh? Although I can probably say the same for our company.

I can’t go into that much details,  we are also going to be busy in the next few weeks ;) Even though it's going to be hectic, I'm really excited about going abroad! I really love travelling ^__^ even if it is going to be mostly just work. 

Anyway, I’m kinda blown away that you still feel insecure even though you guys have gained such massive popularity. “Rookie mentality” is what I heard it’s called, and they said that its better to use that anxiety and turn it into motivation and determination. :)

Besides after last year you definitely have gained a solid fanbase (Didn’t your concert sell out in a few minutes??) I’m sure your fans will be loyal no matter the comeback.

Trust your fans, your pd, your group, and most of all yourself!

I'm sure you guys will hit daebak again~!

As I've read the long reply, I can feel a bit of the anxiety from the past few months just slowly fade away. I realized that even though I've been feeling extremely anxious about the comeback for months, I've never actually voiced it outloud. Being the leader, I didn't want to share this feeling to the members, because I wanted us to be confident or at least appear confident in whatever work we do. Yet, I was willing to just share to this practical stranger? 

Wow, I didn’t expect that response. Thank you for your words of encouragement. I really do appreciate it.

The girls and I don’t mind our busy schedule. Especially for me, who has been training for so long, I craved for a chance to be able to perform and I’m grateful for all the opportunities that we get to do it all the time.

Besides, there’s some perks. We get to travel so much! We may not be able to spend that much time sight seeing, but I do love meeting the fans from other countries. Like after our concert and comeback, all I’m looking forward to is a trip to Switzerland with the girls! I’ve always wanted to visit!

Before I send my message, I reread my text and although I have an urge to edit out some of my thoughts, I ended up just keeping everything. I guess this is what penpals are for I suppose. I just really hope that I can trust this person, who ever he is. 

And this is why we're such fans of your group! You guys always seem like happy go lucky girls in public, but you girls really give it your all during rehearsals! As a fan, I wish I could attend your first concert, I bet it'll be amazing! TT

I hear Switzerland in the winter time is breathtaking, I hope you get some much needed rest even though it’s for work.

Something I've been talking to my members about recently was that, as Idols we get to have so many different opportunities to travel and see the world, but we don’t have much time to actually enjoy and sight see because we still have to work, and if we do travel, sometimes we can't really just be ourselves because we don't know who might be watching.  It’s both a blessing and a curse, isnt it?

Anyway it’s time for us to go back to work, always a pleasure chatting with you Jihyo! Have a good day.

I surprised myself by feeling a tinge of disappointment as I read his last text. Before I can reply back, I hear a “Earth to Jihyo!! You better not be reading comments again!” says Sana sternly-well as sternly as she could, but to me she always sounds as cute as always. 

I try to be as discreet as possible and tell her that I’m just reading some messages from my sisters. Not that I wanted to hide Mr. Unknown from Sana or any of the girls, but I didn’t want to catch any attention from the sunbaenims and our managers if Sana manages to let out a squeal. For now, I'd like to keep this little penpal thing my own (and Nayeon's I guess) little secret. 

I ended up forgetting to reply entirely as I got roped in the second round of Mafia. Civillians won the first round, with Nayeon complaining that she always got ousted way too soon. 

As expected, I kicked some at Mafia. I ended up being a Mafia member with Minari, JB sunbaenim and Youngjae oppa, and with a team composed of not only two leaders, but also two gamers, our team was the best. Aside from JB sunbaenim who strategically made a sacrificial move, no one else from our team got nominated in the chopping block.

The Mafia game lasted so long that as soon as it ended, it was time to go back to work. Got7 sunbaenims said their goodbyes and our members were divided off into subunits to rehearse for several different parts of the program.

---

The rest of the afternoon went by quickly, and after a long tiring day, we were glad to be back in our dorms.

Just like this morning, the girls moved like clockwork. As usual, Tzuyu is off to shower first, while the three unnies; Momo, Jungyeon and Nayeon figure out what to order for supper. Chaeyoung, Dahyun and Sana ended up in the couch browsing through Netflix, while Mina is glued to her little gaming corner mumbling about a raid that was about to start.

Usually, I would join the girls in the couch, but since I’ll be going back home tomorrow to visit my family, I decided to start packing the gifts I got for them. I got MLB merch for my dad, and a bag of her favourite skin care for my my mom. I also got my two younger sisters some clothes, and signed cds from their favourite boy groups. Seo Yeon and my mom has been an Aghase since their debut, and since I was close to Got7 sunbaenims it was easy enough to get her signed merchandise.

The problem was with my youngest sister Ji Young who declared herself as a BTS fangirl /army. Last year, I was way too embarrassed to approach them myself so I had to beg Yugyeom to pass along a fan letter from my sister and an album for them to sign. After plenty of teasing, and a promise to get him baked goodies for a week, he came back and gave me not only a signed album, but also a signed shirt from their concert which made my sister cry out of joy.

This year was different, since I was able to work with Jungkook-ssi for the 97 line performance, I decided to ask him myself. However it was more awkward than I thought because unlike the rest of the boys who mingled with the other girl group members, he just talked to the other boys. As soon as I saw him talk to Yugyeom and Bambam, I worked up the courage to invite myself in the conversation, and with the help of Yugyeom -who knew exactly what I was after, I finally managed to ask for an autograph. He was cool about it, and remembered Yugyeom’s request from last year. He ended up inviting Yugyeom and I (Bambam ended up hanging out with the red haired boy from Seventeen) back to the BTS dressing room where the rest of the members were kind enough to sign the album and even film a short video greeting for my sister.

I was surprised when I found out that some of the members siblings were onces and also gave me copies of our album for me and the members to sign. Although some of them were pretty shy, most of the members were really nice and outgoing. Yugyeom lead most of the conversations with the sunbaes, and some of them made an effort to include me in their conversations. They tried their best not to make things awkward, even though there’s some tension between one of our members.

-Oh, Jungyeon

Looking back at it, I hope I made a good impression. I wished I was as friendly, confident and outgoing as Nayeon and Sana.

---

As I continue to pack the gifts into my suitcase, I hear a familiar ping from my phone. I smile as I see a familiar name on the screen.

Hey, I was hoping I'd be the first one to greet ya! 

Happy Birthday~~~

You're officially an Adult! 

As I read the message, I look up the clock to see that its exactly midnight. Before I can reply back, the room suddenly turned dark and when I whipped around to try to find the light switch, I see Nayeon holding a lit up cake and the members behind her started singing Happy Birthday! 

"Make a wish unnie!!!!!" Screamed Dahyun, and I closed my eyes to make a simple wish. 

-I wish everyone around me will continue to be Happy and Healthy. -

and before I blew the candles,

I added one more wish:

-I hope Mr. Unknown wouldn't end up hurting me. -


A/N: 

err.. I didn't expect to make the ending so angsty, but I couldnt resist. -__-;;

Anyway, Thanks for reading the chapter! 

I don't think I'll end up posting another until next week, but make sure to subscribe just in case I finish chapter 5 earlier than expected!! 

Just a heads up: will probably not be as accurate as I would like to be in terms of promotional timeline~ just know that this story took place in the beginning of 2017, just before knock knock promotions =) 

and YAAAY !!! 6 More days until FANCY!!!!