Daydreams & Midnights

Coffee & Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-
-

-


*
사랑을 했다 우리가 만나
지우지 못할 추억이 됐다
볼만한 멜로드라마
괜찮은 결말
그거면 됐다 널 사랑했다
*

 

A feminine groan filled my ears as iKON once again interrupted my peaceful slumber. With scrunched eyebrows, I blinked a number of times to wipe off the sandy feeling of sleepiness in my eyes. My right hand reached for my phone on the nightstand and turned it off. Glancing at the digital clock, it reads 5:00am. I made a mental note to modify the alarm time of my phone. I don't know what's got into my when I set it to five-freaking-a.m. when I only need to be in the office at nine. 


It seemed like a typical Sunday morning except the fact that I woke up with someone in my arms. The once groaning woman looked peacefully sleeping again. It took me a solid minute just to convince myself that she's still here with me. My dead left arm can be a zombie for all I care but I will not remove myself away from this sleeping goddess. My god, she's really beautiful. She looked so serene and it made me relax as well. Her cute pointed nose, plumped red lips, and the shape of her face looked perfectly sculpted. Her pearl skin as against her silk black mane makes her look more ethereal. With my eyes busy admiring the raven-haired, sleep was long forgotten. This strong admiration doesn't seem to subside soon. No, I'm actually pretty certain that this woman would never leave my imagination and dreams. I can't help it. I just hope that she would, perhaps, think that I'm also worthy of her time.


Here comes, insecurities.

 

I let out a deep sigh as I shut my eyes closed. What the hell is happening to me, really?

 

Maybe, Joy was right. Maybe I just missed dating. The feeling of getting lai--- or simply by someone's presence would probably lessen my 'grumpiness', as per her words.

But...


I just got laid, right?

 

"What's happening to me?"    I didn't realized that I already voiced out my thoughts.

 

As I was about to drift off to dreamland once more, an alarm startled me and my eyes almost popped out of its sockets.


*
그거면 됐다 널 사랑했다
우리가 만든 love scenario
이젠 조명이 꺼지고
마지막 페이지를 넘기면
조용히 막을 내리죠... 
*

 

I internally cursed and reached for my phone, ready to throw it across the room, but I halted when I noticed that there's nothing in my screen. No alarm or whatsoever.

Oh my god, iKON is haunting my phone. 


I glanced at my left side and notice her phone lighting up on the drawer. The fuc---


*
... 오늘이었던 우리의 어제에 더는 내일이 없다는 건
아프긴 해도 더 끌었음 상처가 덧나니까 ye
널 사랑했고 사랑 받았으니 난 이걸로 됐어 ...
*

 

I just blinked still rendered surprise. What are the odds that we have the same alarm tone?

 

I hesitated if I should turn it off myself but I also thought that it would also mean invasion of her privacy. And I don't want to scare her away. I just met her like--- a day and a half? So, no. I just lay there listening to iKON belting their badass rap part.

 

Obviously the noise got the woman beside me woken up. Her eyes were still closed but her furrowed eyebrows made her looked like a baby on early tantrums. Her eyes fluttered open and I was dumbstruck again. Those deep hazel eyes makes me weak.


"What's wrong? Why are you looking at me like that?"    Her sweet voice almost sounded like a whisper.

 

I shook my head lightly with a soft smile lingering on my lips.    "Nothing. You're phone is just ringing."


Realization seemed to dawn upon her as she recognize the tone in background. I can't help but smile wider when she reached for her phone without fully removing her body against mine.

 

". --..."     I think she curses the same word for a number of times before getting up in a flash.


My happiness was short-lived, as expected.


"What's the matter?"    I sat up watching her while frantically running around my room finding each of her clothing.


"I have an appointment today and --- -- where's my underwear?"    She replied in panic.


My eyes caught on the dark purple lingerie in the sheets. I blinked away the memories of last night. Now isn't the time.     "Calm down. Here is your---"


It was snatched from my hand before I could finish my sentence. She dressed up and that's also my cue to get up and put on some clothes. All the while, I felt something heavy in my chest and it feels harder to breathe suddenly.


When I turned around, she was pacing around with a phone pressed onto her ear. Those black pants that hugs her hips perfectly made me gulp, her messy post- hair seemed tamed down, her long sleeves from last night were folded up her elbows again, the shirt wasn't completely buttoned giving me quite a view of her bruised pale skin, god, I ravished her like a beast. Blame those y collarbones. The woman is undeniably attractive and I can't help it. How is it that she looked so gorgeous at this early morning?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter