Whipped Cream & Peppermint

Coffee & Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-
-
-

Love at first sight isn't something I really believe. Perhaps it's because I haven't experienced that ever. If someone would ask me, have I ever been in love? Then the answer would be, yes. But to what extent? that, I don't know. Way back then, I just know that I have felt in love. I felt and understood the concept of it. The sparks, butterflies, the flowers blooming around me, and all sorts of cliché, I felt that, once or twice. But the feelings didn't took me by surprise. It seems like, I have assumed it. I have known that I would fell for the person. I just knew. That was the kind of love I knew and understood.


That love is somehow a choice and decision. Something that is planned and therefore, assumed.


However, it seems like I haven't really knew how complex love is; how difficult it could be; how complicated it could get; and how ed up it could make you.


All of a sudden I realized that love is nothing I expected it to be; that I'm not immuned to Eros' playful arrows; that love is complex, difficult, complicated, and most importantly, ed up. 


Because this time, everything took me by surprise. It was all very sudden and spontaneous. Kang Seulgi is never spontaneous. Planning is everything to me. It makes my life more stable. It makes me more in control. And god knows, I love it when I'm in control. 


Clearly, this time, I'm not. 

 

 


"Good morning, Ms. Kang."    A familiar voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up to the now-short-haired blonde who looked different today.


"Good morning to you too, Yerim. New hairstyle, I see. Looks good on you."    I complimented simply.


The young assistant smiled appreciatively.    "Thanks, boss. It was a last minute decision actually." 

 

"You aren't going through something, are you? Like a heartbreak? Usually that's the reason of an action as spontaneous as that."   I smirked while she rolled her eyes at my remark. 

 

"No, it was just a plain 'change of look'. I just felt like wanting to have a new look. That's all."    The shorter woman shrugged then placed a folder in my table.   "By the way, this is from Ms. Jung of Jeti Co. She already agreed to the conference meeting you requested."

 

I nodded and thanked her as I took the folder and made a quick look. I noticed my assistant was preparing to leave, but I suddenly remembered that I have something to tell her. She turned around upon hearing her name being called.


"Yes, boss?" 


"Have you heard from Joy?" 

 

There's something in her expression that tells me she's trying her best to conceal her emotions but I know better. She seemed to anticipate something further from my simple inquiry but I kept mum, leaving the question afloat.


"Not really. Why though?"   Her response was quick but her tone is different.


She wanted to keep a straight face about this, it seems. I paused momentarily, studying the blonde in front of me.

 

"Joy wanted to let you know that she'll be back on Sunday."    I said. My sister didn't say more about her message. She just simply wanted the younger to know that she'll be back this week. I didn't pry much, knowing that whatever the two have is something unspeakable.

 

After a long silence, she sighed. 

 

"Okay."  Was her short reply. 

 

And the door was shut after her. 

 


I let out a deep breath and rubbed my temples feeling an impending headache along with this. Yeri wasn't just my Assistant. She is also my friend. She'd been my confidant and the person I trust the most beside Joy and Wendy. Honestly, I treat her like a family and she knows that. I made it my mission to protect the one's I love and the blonde knows how protective I am. She even used my name to threaten her suitors. Yeri can be a brat sometimes but she's undeniably sweet when she wants to. She just intends to show off her hard facade and pretends she doesn't care most of the time but, she's actually sensitive and caring.


I want to believe that I'm doing the two a favor of not discussing their undefined relationship, but with the things going on between her and my sister, I'm not quite sure now what to do and how to deal with them. I'm just hoping that they can fix whatever that needs fixing. 'Cause I don't wanna lose either of them. 

 

Breathing deeply, I fished out my phone and called the other person that needs fixing. 

 

"Hello, Sooyoung." 

-
-
-

 

The entire day went faster than I thought as I am now driving to Signature Velvet, the fancy coffeeshop near SM Ent. It was rather a one-sided decision though I really don't mind. I was used to women letting me be the one to decide on where should we go and whatever. Her message was like an instruction, somewhat a command, that we meet at the coffeeshop of her choice. Again, I was usually the one with control but I don't mind a certain Bae Joohyun to have control over me. I didn't think of it that much when I replied, 'sure, I'll be there.' and I didn't really know what's there to think about when she said, 'looking forward to our date then'. And I was a grinning mess after. 


It was a 40-minute drive or so, including the usual traffic, from my office. Out of all the coffeeshops around the city, she chose Signature Velvet. Actually, I haven't tried any from the mentioned shop. As per Wendy's words, 'Kang Seulgi is a child of Starbucks'. Though I'd like to be specific, I only go for their brewed coffee. Frappe-s aren't my cup of tea. I despise the idea of whipped creams all over the top of a freshly-brewed-then-ice-cold coffee. It's a stupid match, if you ask me.

And of course, Frappe-loving Wendy and Joy believe that I'm downright insane for saying that.


Having said, Starbucks was my to-go place when I'm craving caffeine. That or the one from Wendy's own bakeshop in 7th street. 'Baker Wan' became well-known for its cakes and cookies which the celebrity chef took very much pride of. Aside from pastries, her bakery is also known for serving its Robusta-Arabica flavour. I suddenly missed visiting the place. Perhaps, Joohyun would want to go with me next time. 


Here I am thinking of a second date yet I'm still not over stressing out myself for today's 'coffee date'. 


But I still would want a second date though. I hope she'll find interest in meeting me regularly. 


Since when did I doubt my self? 

 

Sighing against my loud thoughts, I parked my car and studied my surroundings. All glass windows, black and red bricks around the lot, finely trimmed bushes, and the name of the place sitting on top of the roof: red italic 'Signature' and black bold 'Velvet'. This place looks classy and stylish. Just like her. I glanced at my reflection, checking if I look okay. That's a first. Taking a deep breath, I drag my feet inside the coffee shop.


Light music registered in my ears, 'Perhaps Love' was playing in background, combined with the chattering noise of the customers. My eyes scanned the interior and at the same time, searching for the certain raven. From the artistic point of view, the place is marvellous, I'll give them that. I felt eyes on me and I'm not certain of the reason. I'm pretty much sure I'm not that known in this side of the town. I maintained a low-profile for years, and as far as I know, my sister being the model she is, was the known one. Not me.


Nonetheless, I took a stride further inside and decided to pick a table instead, since my date hasn't arrived yet. Before I could settle myself on the warm chair, a presence across startled me.


"Jesus---" 


"Good day to you too, Kang Seulgi."  The goddess greeted wearing that million-watt smile.


"H-how--- have you been here all along?"   I asked, still recovering from shock. And maybe because of how breathtaking this woman can be.


Damn, I never thought that a plain white long-sleeves and simple jeans could look better on anyone. She could wear a sack and I will still be enamoured by her. 

 

She shook her head lightly.  "Not really. I just saw you from the outside. You look like a total stranger entering the forest unknown to you."

 

"Forest, really?"  I chuckled, feeling my nervousness wore down gradually. 


Have I mentioned how her hair looked so soft? Those locks adds to the appeal that she's already blessed with. It should be a sin to be this beautiful. 

 

She shrugged.  "Well, you look like a bear, and bears live in a forest, so..." 

 

To say that I'm amused with what I just heard was an understatement.   "Me? A bear?" 


Kang Seulgi, the COO of Revel Industries, was being called a fury animal and she is, by all means, oddly happy about it. 

 

The easiness in her smile made me quietly sigh unexpectedly.

"I still have bite marks, Kang. You can be a beast when you want to, but you still cuddle like a bear after."


The teasing tone made my toes curl for no apparent reason, well, as far as I'm concerned. The grin on my face can't be tamed and my ears felt warmer, maybe because of embarrassment and some other reasons. My chin felt numb and my insides flutters like funny. I felt... different. Its something new. 


This is too much. 

 

I raised an eyebrow challengingly.    "I'm not sure what are you talking about, though I'm quite sure I haven't heard any complaint from you, am I right?"


Stay confident, Kang. It attracts women, you know it.

 

She scoffed playfully.  "Whatever, Seulgom."


I see what she did there. Ah, the woman knows her charm so well. Effortlessly gorgeous and witty. Colour me impressed. 

 

"Woah, we're on nickname basis now?" 

 

That earned me an unimpressed look from her.    "Don't you think we're doing this backwards? You even called me 'baby' before I could give you a nickname. Do I need to remind you--

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter