Chapter 7

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Whoa! Hey buddy, what's wrong? You're going the wrong wa-!" Turning back after hearing a ruckus, Jin noticed Taehyung falling and rolling down a hill. He smirks to himself before turning back towards the race when he suddenly stops. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~Before the Race started~

 

 

Quickly, Jin race towards where he had planned to lock up Taehyung," Are you really...there...with him?" Just as he got close to the door, he noticed Taehyung's back profile and sees Yeon Hee asleep on the floor as well. Looking carefully, he noticed the two of them were holding hands tightly. Balling his hand into a fist, Jin open the door when he noticed Taehyung leaning down towards her. "Come on the race is about to start," he said. Leaving the room, it was only Yeon Hee and Jin now. "Let's hurry, the race is about to start-" "Jin!" He stops when hearing his name, "Please..take care of Taehyung during the race. I know you guys are competing, but...he's injured right now." Jin's eyes shut tightly and take a deep breath," I'm not responsible for what he does to his body, Miss Yeon Hee. As you said, we are both competitors right now." He turns back towards her," I'm afraid I can't do that request for you." 

 

~The Race~

 

Jin takes a deep breath as he turns his horse back around and jumps off to follow where Taehyung had rolled off. "Kim Taehyung? Are you alright?" He sees Taehyung passed out on the floor and his horse is off by the side. Checking him on the floor, Jin made sure Taehyung was still breathing. Looking at Taehyung's horse, he looked back to his as well.

 

 

 

~Present~

 

 

 

Right outside the King's room, Jin and Taehyung waited to be called in. " Listen, do you really think it's me who did that to your horse? Look at me! I'm a mess right now! And also...it couldn't have been me. You saw that I was stuck in that damn room with Yeon-" Jin interrupts him, " Will you really say that to the King?" "Wha-" "Are you willing to admit to the King that you spent a whole night with his only daughter..that...are you willing to die at your own words?" Taehyung ball his hands into a fist as his eyes tremble in anger," We were locke-" "Do you really think the King would think that? We are in the middle of a competition..it wouldn't be a surprise to see someone trying to make a move on his daughter to get ahead wouldn't it?" Jin closes the space between the two of them and stares down into Taehyung's eyes," The fact that you were with the Princess before this competition started...I'm already worried about you being around her. If you came here trying to mess up the Palace...I won't let that happen, I will protect it all..even Yeon Hee." Jin's Father's voices interrupt the two of them as he slides the door open," Come inside, he's ready to talk to the two of you." 

 

 

 

 

"Do tell me what happened out there...why do you think this man here did that to your horse?"  asked the King. "Look at Kim Taehyung, Your Majesty. He seems to have an injury on his hands, wouldn't he get that from injuring the horse?" The King smirks at Jin before turning to Taehyung, " Is that true?" "No, it is not. I got this from falling down my horse during training, Your Majesty. Ask the others who I trained with, they all saw me falling and hurting myself." "Come inside." ask the King. The door slides open and came the same man who locked Taehyung in the shed. Taehyung's eyes widen when he saw the man, "Tell me, is it true... Kim Taehyung got that injury  from falling down during training..is it true?" "It's not true sir, Kim Taehyung did well practicing so I don't know what's he's talking about. If you ask the others as well, they'll say the same thing as me." The King looked back at Taehyung, "What do we do...he said he didn't see you falling." "Don't believe his words, Your Majesty! This is the same man who locked me in the shed so I couldn't make it to the race today!" "Locked you? What do you mean by that?" asked the King. "This man tricked me last night and then locked me in your shed. Aren't you even embarrass at lying to the King right now?" " Do you have proof?" The King asked Taehyung. "Huh? Well, I-" Taehyung stop and remembered what Jin said earlier to him. "Do you have proof of being lock there? How can I believe you?" Looking down and grabbing tightly to his clothes in anger, Taehyung took a small breath before responding," Proof...I don't have it." Jin smirk quietly to himself, "What more do I have to say, Your Majesty. This man doesn't have proof to back his-" "And you?" Jin was confused by the King's question. "Excuse me?" "Did you see him personally injured the horse?" "Well...no-" "Then bring me proof that he did it with his own two hands...Or are you telling me to talk to a horse and ask him if Taehyung did it?" Jin sat silently unable to respond. The King softly laughs," I will overlook this." "What?!" said simultaneously Taehyung and Jin. "But, Your Majesty-" interrupting Jin, The King continued," You may head back Kim Taehyung." Feeling uneasy, Taehyung hesitated but obey as the man who locked him follow behind as well.

 

 

As the two were outside now, Taehyung grabs the man by the collar and punches him onto the floor making the ribbon to become undone and falling onto the ground. Taking over him, he continues to grab the man by the collar," Who are you? Why the heck did you lock me in that place! Also...you didn't see me fall? What kind of sh!t are you playing here!" About to punch him, the man brings his hand up to beg," Please-! I just followed what I was told to do!" Taehyung drops the man onto the floor roughly, "Whos orders did you take?" Standing up and fixing his clothes, "I can't tell you. If I tell you...I'll die-" Taehyung grabs the man once again, "I'll kill you first if you don't tell me who did this! Tell me!" 

 

 

 

"Are you really going to let him off just like that, Your Majesty?" asks Jin. "Jin-ah..do you think I'm stupid?" The King got out of his position and walked towards Jin. "I have known that man for only a few minutes..but I knew you since you were a child." He kneels on one knee and brings Jin's chin up to face him directly. "I'll forgive you...because I like you. You're like me..and I like that." he smiles. 

 

 

 

"Why are they taking so long? Don't tell me he's really out of the competition-" Outside waiting, Yeon Hee noticed Taehyung walking along with some man. "Oh? He's finally out!" Just as she was about to follow the two of them, Yeon Hee noticed Jin following his Father leading him to somewhere. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter