Chapter 6

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"Miss, what happend to your hair?!" yell Sun Hee as she runs toward Yeon Hee with worry eyes. "Don't worry, I just wanted to let it down-" She stops in between her sentence when she felt her hair and realizes her ribbon was missing. "Alright, if you say so. Come on, it's getting late and the competition is tomorrow. We have to wake up early and see- Miss!" She yells after Yeon Hee, "Don't worry, I'll do it myself. Sun Hee..you can go to your room and sleep since we have to wake up early tomorrow..I forgot something so I'll be back late!"

 

 

 

 

 

Returning back to his horse, Taehyung let out a sigh after Yeon Hee had left. "Be careful." said Jin. Turning to his left, Taehyung faces him,"What?" "Do you know where we're at? This is a place that belongs to the Palace. The King's home. If people see you talking to other women while you're in this competition..aren't you worried about your reputation?" Taehyung chuckle as he crack his neck,"Listen..just mind your own business won't you? Didn't you tell me to do the same before?" Annoyed, he takes his horse and goes back to train on his own after saying his last word to Jin. "Do you want to win this race?" ask Jin. One man comes forward to him,"I just don't want to be in those last places. Why? You going to help me? Everyone knows how skill you are in this." Jin gives the man a smile,"If you do something for me, we'll have one person to go home for certain. Deal?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What do you mean the documents are gone?" The Right Minister, Jae Suk, slides his door open and rushes to his drawer to find nothing inside. Quickly, he eyes his main table and searches it to find nothing. He falls back on his with shock eyes,"Sir, are you alright?" ask his servant. "It disappear..."Standing up slowly, he looks at his servant before punching and kicking him onto the floor,"Where were you guys at and not protecting my room!"  The servant cries in pain,"Sir, we were watching over the Mrs! Please forgive me!" Stopping his foot, he runs to his wife's room which was on the other side of the house. Sliding the door open, his wife lay in bed very still. "Honey.." He goes next to her and places his hand on top of hers,"Prehaps...did you send someone to take my things?" She lay still, unable to speak,"Can't you see I'm trying my best for our son? You didn't want me to take the throne...or let me have Yoo Bi...and now you're trying to interfere again?" His wife, still unable to move, had tears dripping to the side of her temples. He leans down closer to her wiping her tears away,"Maybe...you should've died then."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Come on, it's getting late and the competition is tomorrow!" Everyone got off their horses and led them to the stable. Following behind, Taehyung pet his horse one last time with a smile,"Come on buddy, we got this so rest well and let's win.." As he guide his horse, the man earlier with Jin stops Taehyung,"Hold up. I need you to go get me some medicine in the shed over there where you were at before." "Me? Why me-" "I can't go since I've been order to make sure the horses are all in before everyone leave and...my stomach hurts a lot right now..Please? And..don't worry I'll take this guy for you..Oww..my stomach-"  "Alright-alright, fine." He pet his horse one last time,"Take care of him alright. I'll be back." As Taehyung turn around, the man's expression change. He takes a look around before giving Jin the horse,"Here." Jin thank him,"Alright, I'll take him back so do your thing. Again, this is a secret between us." The man nod before following Taehyung's direction.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sure it's here somewhere since she pulled my hair right....HERE!" Finding her ribbon on the floor, she smile excitedly while hugging it tightly. Breaking her sweet moment, a door creak open making her cover in fear. Quickly she goes to hide behind a shelf that was in the back of the room."Let's see....where is...medicine...med..di...cine.." "Huh? Isn't that Taehyung's voice?" she thought before peeking from her spot. As she look, she sees Taehyung looking around the room and moving things. "What are you doing?" Taehyung jumps back, startle by her voice. "Gah- damn! You freaking scared me!" he says while holding his chest. Coming out from her spot, Yeon Hee let out a chuckle,"What are you doing here again?" Clearing his throat, he fixes his posture,"Looking for medicine." "Ahh...thinking about it, I forgot to help your wris-" "Forget that. That already passed and I-" he shows his wrist that had a cloth wrapping it horribly, "-already did it myself."  he smile to himself proudly. Again, Yeon Hee let out chuckle as she tried to hide her laughing face away from Taehyung by turning her head to the side. He looks at her while she's chuckling and accidentally blurts out"Pretty." She stops her chuckle and stare at him,"What?" Finally realizing what he just said out loud, he scratches the back of his head while closing his eyes shut,"Ah-ahh-ah What I meant was...THAT! That ribbon right there..is pretty. Yup." Interrupting their conversation, the door behind Taehyung suddenly shuts on them both, startling them. "What was that?" ask Yeon Hee. Rushing towards the door, Taehyung tries to open it, but it was useless. He uses his shoulders to push it open, but again, nothing. "Is it lock?!!" She rushes towards the door as well trying to push it open, but it didn't budge. "What the heck? Was it the wind?" He looks around and goes toward a small window to see the guy earlier he talked to, running off. "That jerk-" he whisper to himself. "It still won't open." she says out a breath. Again, Taehyung kick the door with all his might multiple times and it still wouldn't budge. "What are we going to do...this place is far from the Palace and no one is going to stop by this late. How can it just shut itself like this." said frustrated Yeon Hee. "What about Sun Hee? Maybe she can come by and open-" " The thing is...I...I didn't tell her where I was going and told her to rest for tomorrow race." Frustrated, he kicks the door once again and began to scream with each kick,"FREAKING. OPEN. UP!"  "It's no use! You're just tiring yourself out like that." Exhuasted, Taehyung's back lean against the door as he slowly sat down. He scans the room to see if anything can be use to open the door somehow,"There's nothing. Like I said, this place belongs to the King...do you really think it be easy to get in and out of places that belong to the King?" He lets out a deep sigh as Yeon Hee sat on the floor as well, facing him. "Don't worry, there will be people here early tomorrow since it's the race-"  "Do you think anyone would come down all the way here?! It's obvious that they just wanted one person to be out of the race for certain." Frustrated, Taehyung places his hands behind his neck. Looking at him, Yeon Hee noticed the cloth wrap around his wrist had unwind.  Slowly, but carefully, she goes towards him and removes the cloth to see his wrist not only bruised, but had a small cut. "What the- did you really just wrapped a piece of cloth onto a cut?" Still frustrated and his head tilted low, he ignores her. She looks around for the medicine box that Taehyung came to find and noticed it on the shelf.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I did it." said the man that locked Taehyung up. "Great job...the key?" ask Jin. The man hands him the key,"Alright..you can go now." As the guy leaves, Jin heads back to the dorm where everyone rested at. While everyone else was asleep, he lit a small candle and begin writing.

 

"I hope you enjoy the race Miss Yeon Hee. To be honest, I'm quite nervous not because the King is watching..but you'll be there watching the race. If I can be selfish this once Miss Yeon Hee and ask a favor, please do cheer me on. I'll be waiting and looking for you in the crowd." -Kim Seok Jin

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter