Chapter 4

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We must do something about this Your Majesty. More and more people are putting up those poster about you not taking care of this nation." Jae Suk kneel in front of the King with his head tilted low. "Do you believe that as well Jae Suk-ah?" "Huh? Of course not. Your Majesty choices and actions are never a mistake in my eyes." As the two chit-chat, the King had finished his drawing on the white sheet. Clearing his throat, he brings the sheet up and admire it with a soft smile,"Jae Suk-ah...don't you think my daughter would love this drawing. It's a Cherry Blossom flower..something she would visit with her Mother in the past." "Anything Your Majesty draws is beautiful." Eying the King carefully,"Your Majesty, about Yeon Hee...why don't we get her to married Shin's family oldest son up in the North? If we have their connections and power, you'll be able to take out more spots and have even more people work under you to tend the crops for our negotiation with the-" "You want me to use my daughter for our battle with the Xin's?" Gently, he places the drawing on his table and only sigh. "Your Majesty, Yeon Hee is twenty-two years old now...I think it's time for her to be married already-" "Your son...do you prehaps want your son to be in my seat because you couldn't take it?" Only silence filled the room after the King's question. "If you forgot why you lost this seat to me Jae Suk...it's because you're not a man. Spit it out if you want my daughter to marry your son. I wouldn't mind since he helped me before. All you have to do is say it. Be a man." Rolling the drawing up, the King places it inside a tube before sealing it. "The Shin's would help a lot ,but just enough for themselves." Tapping his finger on the table for a few seconds,"Let's kill them." Jae Suk's eyes widen in surprise,"Kill the Xin's? Forgive me if I say something wrong, but we already lost more than half of our men just only a few years ago due to the rebellion in Hanseok's Village. We finally got them to surrender and their punishment is no supplies from us...Your Majesty, we already lost a great amount of skilled fighters because of the Kim and Oh that had helped Hanseok's Village...The soldiers that had train since that time are still not enough to defeat the Xin's." Rising from his seat, the King stare down towards Jae Suk,"Then let's do what you said, but we'll have a competition." "A competition?" Placing his arms behind his back, the King walked around his room,"Jae Suk-ah...send out a notice to only the upper homes about this competition by tonight. Those who have a son that enter this competition may have a chance to wed my daughter." "You want a battle Your Majesty?" He stops his movements and kneel on one knee to meet eyes with Jae Suk,"Why don't you enter your son in as well? Who knows...he might end up winning."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, where did that girl go? Why are you alone?" Yerim asks when she saw Taehyung by himself. "Someone close to her picked up her so she went back home." "Did you recognize the man?" He shakes his head as he undo his clothing,"Nope, but I feel confident that she can get us into those people's houses easily." He scans down Yerim with his eyes making her fluster,"Why are you checking out my body?" He chuckle at her and signals her to get ready,"Come on, we have our mission remember?"

 

 

 

As night falls, Taehyung, Yerim and their group sneak carefully outside one of the minister houses. They signal each other their usual commands and jump down into the home to begin their raid. Carefully and quietly, Taehyung seperated from the others to raid the minister's room. He slides the door, making sure no one followed him and began searching the drawers. As he does, he discovers documents of the minister making promises with other people to recieve support for future decisions. Taking those documents, he looked around more and noticed the main table. Searching the table, he finds large amount of money stash away and a note when suddenly he hears a voice outside. Panicking, he grabs whatever he can and rushes out of the room. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Where is Sun Hee?" ask Yeon Hee as she faces her Father. The King smile," My daughter..." he says, bringing out the tube containing the drawing from earlier."Take it as a gift. We haven't seen each others in years and I don't want our first actual talk to be an argument-" "Why did you lied to me all these years? You told me Mother was safe and buried at the Royal spot...but you knew where you dump her...Why did you dump her there like that?" The King only sat in silence just looking at her, making Yeon Hee frustrated. "Why aren't you replying?! Also...how can you just abandon Hanseok's Village like that Father?! Those people need our help and you're just ignoring them!" She stare at her Father with angry eyes and continue," Why aren't you saying anything?!" "If you're done talking...then take this drawing."  drop open in disbelief," Are you serious right now Father?" Standing up from his throne, he set the tube down and his smile disappear. "Your Mother...wanted to be out there." "What?" "From your own Mother's mouth...she told me she didn't want to be with me. She hated this place...but what can I do or say? I love this place..it's my home...and when I die, I'll be at the Royal spot. She asked to be bury there." Yeon Hee stood in silence with tears as her Father continue,"And Hanseok's Village..." He steps closer to her,"If you want to discuss about that...then address me as the King." "Fathe-" "King...did you forget I- Jung Mo....is the King of this nation? I discuss these things with my people who work for me. You...you're just my daughter. You don't need to know any of these things, which is why I told y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter