Chapter 3

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 A Couple of Years Ago

 

 

"Yerim!" Taehyung calls out with a wave. She rushes over with a bright smile,"What are you doing here? I have to go to my Bride class today or else my mom is going to kill me." He laughs at her,"Why are you taking those classes when you'll probably never get married when I'm always besides you." "I know...Can't you go somewhere else so a man can talk to me? You're always scaring them off." Leaning closer to her, he looks down at her lovingly,"What about me?" his tone changed from jokingly to suddenly serious. As she lifts her head up to meet eyes with his, she froze,"St-stop joking like that Taehyung. I'm tired of that joke-"  "I'm not joking though." He lifts up her chin so he could see her face once more,"Can't you come to me?" The two of them stood like that as they gaze into each others eyes in silence. Breaking the moment away, he quickly smile,"I GOT YOU! You felled for it didn't you?" Shock on the inside, Yerim didn't show it on her face. Instead she laughs with him," Of course stupid. I knew you were joking already dumb. Come on, let's go." Laughing for a few seconds, his smile finally faded away as he admire her from behind alone. 

 

 

 

"Come on, since I won't leave you are you really just going to leave me behind like th-" As Taehyung was following her closely, he noticed people running away and bumping into them both. Running towards up ahead, he finally noticed smokes in the air,"Yerim!" As he catches up with Yerim, he noticed her home covered in fire as she stood there in shock and denial. "No...no...no...this-" she tries to step in when Taehyung stops her. "Don't! I'll go in and find your parents. Just stay here alright." He pushes Yerim far away from the burning house and dip his sleeves in a bucket of water before entering in. Covering his face with the damp sleeves he rushes inside her home and heads towards her parents room. "Sir?! Mrs!? Are you in there?" No reply. He continue looking around the place only to find servants on the floor dead. As he walk more, Taehyung stops as he recognize someone familiar on the floor. He removes his sleeves away from his face and tears began rolling down his face," Mom? Dad?" Walking towards the two dead body that was on the floor, he kneel down and shakes them,"Why are you here? WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS HERE?!" 

 

 

 

 

"We took care of  Kim and Oh tonight. They won't be able to do anything to you now." The King sat in his bed with two Gisaeng next to him," Did you make sure there was no one left?" he ask as one of the girls gave him a massage on the shoulders. "Yes...but we couldn't find the daughter and son-" "That's fine. They can't do anything now that their parents are dead." The other Gisaeng plops a fruit in his mouth and they all laugh at each other,"You girls love that?" he ask. They giggle," Of course. When  Your Majesty uses his powers in front of us you don't know how much I want to just rip you apart."  "Oh really?" he smiles at them both. "I'll get going then-" "Wait" The man kneel down in silence as The King walks up to him. Kneeling on one knee, he makes eye contact with the man in front of him with a smile as the two Gisaeng watches from behind. Quickly, he pulls the man's sword out and swings it at the two woman. Shock, the man stay in his position as he saw blood flowing on the floor. The King turns back towards the man and his smile was gone. "What's your name?" Still in shock, the man couldn't reply back properly. "My-my..my nam-" Before he could spit out more words, the King gets onto his level to make eye contact with him once more, but this time he had blood splatter on his face. "Tell me your name." he ask again. Still shivering in fear, the man built up courage to say his name. "Seok Jin....I...Your Majesty...I am your Right Minister Jae Suk's......son. Kim Seok Jin." The King stare at him with no emotion. "Aren't you going to wipe it off for me..Jin?" Trembling, Jin uses his sleeves to wipe the blood off his face. The King let out a sigh as he watches Jin face filled with fear," Just like your Father. How fun." he says returning the sword back to him. "Clean this up." he tells his servants and they obey, dragging the two Gisaeng's bodies out. "Seok Jin...I'll call you Jin. I heard you are still training, but you're one of the best swordsman here. I wonder if you'll be able to defeat me in the future when you grow bigger." "It'll be an honor to go against you Your Majesty if you allow me to do so in the future." He laughs at Jin's words,"You're funny kid. If you defeat me in the future, how about I let you married my daughter. She's a beauty I tell you." Finally calm after the whole incident, Jin was able to speak confidently," How dare I even think about wedding with the Princess Your Majesty? However, if you do accept me in I'll gladly follow through." The King continue to laugh at him,"I'll remember this kid. Don't worry, I'll treat your Father well since we are friends anyways."

 

Exiting out of the King's chambers, Jin knees began to weaken as he remember what had happend inside. He takes a couple of steps forward until he falls on his knees, trembling even more. "Are you okay?" He looks up to see a girl around his age coming towards him,"Huh?" The girl places her hand on his forehead to check his temperature,"You don't feel hot. Can you get up?" Jin was lost in the girl's beauty, unable to answer her. She waits for an answer but decides to help him up instead,"Here~" she says grabbing his hand. "If you're not feeling well, just go see Mr. Eu- uhm I mean the Doctor here. Trust me, he's really nice and gives amazing advices." she smile brightly at him. Again, Jin stood there in silence just admiring her as she looks at the King's door," How was the King today? Is he doing well?" Jin nods his head at her question. "That's a relief." she breathe out. "Miss! Miss!! Where did you go?!" The two of them both turn towards the girl's voice," Listen, I have to go. Make sure you go see Mr. Eu- I mean the Doctor if you don't feel well." she last said before running off. Jin's eyes follow her as she ran off and noticed a ribbon on the floor. Picking it up, the girl who had yelled for the girl, ran pass him. Just as he got back up, he hears her yelled out the girl's name,"Miss?! Miss Yeon Hee!" As the girl left, Jin stare at the pink ribbon in his hand that had a Cherry Blossom flower on it," Yeon Hee..pretty."

 

 

 

 

  Present

 

Rubbing her eyes, Yeon Hee let out a few grunts as she lift her body from the rock floor,"Ugh, my back-" She stops when she noticed Taehyung in front of her sitting next to a fire. Looking around, she noticed the same cave as before,"Why are we here?" No response. She scoots closer towards him and finally remembers her necklace,"Damn it...." she sigh out. "Earlier....do you really mean what you said?" Confuse at his words, she sat in silence trying to understand what he had meant. "Don't you think holding on to those who passed....makes you weak?" She looks at him and finally understood."Why would you want to make yourself miserable like that? Just...just throw it all away-" "No." she says cutting him off. The two of them stare into the hot fire as they continued to talk with one another. "Whether they were good or bad people....they're still family. Their blood is in you. If you just ignore them and never really say  your goodbye like a bigger person...are you really strong? I don't think so." Removing his attention from the fire to Yeon Hee, Taehyung looks at her in silence,"I think the stronger person is somewho embraces the situation and makes their peace with it..rather then just ignoring and running away." "But I'm not running away." he blurts out on accident. Hearing his words, she turns to him and both make eye contacts with each other,"We all like to give some kind of excuses...but maybe...we're subconsciously doing it and we don't know." Her eyes shift back towards the fire,"I don't know your life Taehyung...but I'm guessing you also lost somebody as well." He continue to sit in silence. "But I don't think you're weak. Even if you do feel like maybe you are running away from whatever it is...you know you want to face it." "How do you even know tha-" "Because we're talking about it right now.." she interrupts. After her comment, they both made eye contact once again with each o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter