Chapter 2

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Come on Sun Hee. Why can't you wait for me huh? My feet are killing me." Slow and behind, Sun Hee smile at how weak Yeon Hee was. She offered a hand only to be rejected,"Come on Miss, if we go any slower we'll never reach the Royal spot." "Im...trying...here...damn." Sun Hee chuckles at her suffering,"Come on Miss, let's head to the stream to rest."

 

 

 

"Wow, that feels so much better." said Yeon Hee as she splashes water onto her face. Falling down onto her , she massages her own foot,"Hey, how are you so use to this? I'm dying here." "Miss...I fight so of course I'm use to..well anything. I have to be strong you know." They both smile at each other,"I'm glad you can say that Sun Hee...that you're strong now because you are compare to years ago when we met." "Yeah I know. When we first met..Miss you saved my life by taking me in. If it wasn't for you..the King would've killed me already." "I wonder why Father was like that. You were only working for those people and yet he wanted you gone too. I couldn't just let him do that." The sweet moment was broken when the two of them heard noises close to them. "Come on, let's go." 

 

 

 

As the two continue on their journey, Yeon Hee noticed something in the stream. "Wait...what is that?" Staring at the direction she pointed, Sun Hee saw the body wash up on the rocks as well. "Miss, don't-" Before she could say anything, Yeon Hee was already running towards the body. Pulling the man's body up further away from the cold water, she noticed something. "Look...it's that same dude from before." pointed out by Sun Hee. "Yeah, but look, it's a wound." She places her fingers near his neck to check his breathing,"He's still alive, we have to do something." Looking around, Sun Hee spotted a cave away from the roads,"We can go there Miss. If he was with those people from yesterday then someone must have attacked them seeing how there's only him now. Come on."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Grinding up the medicine they found, Yeon Hee continue to check and made sure Taehyung was breathing. "Miss, I'll be back soon. I'm gonna check to see if anyone followed us." "Alright, be safe." Leaving only Yeon Hee and Taehyung in the cave with the warm fire, she finishes up the medicine and approaches him carefully. Again, she check his pulse once more," Still alive I see..forgive me sir." She undo his robe and peel it back to have to wound fully visible now. Gently, she places the herbs on the wound after cleaning the blood that was on him and near the area. After fixing it up, she prepares to redo his clothes when she noticed the man below her had so many scars on his body. "What the...how the heck can a person have this many scars just on the upper half alone." Getting her mind back together, she fixes his robe and heads back to the fire. Just as she got comfortable, she noticed the man shivering. Quickly, she takes off her cloak and lay it on his trembling body before moving closer to the fire. "I guess I can say this is pay back for what he's doing." Beside her, she can hear him mumbling something. Feeling curious, she moves closer to him," What are you saying? Are you awake?" she ask. "M..mom...D...dad.." mumble Taehyung. "Is he having a dream? Or nightmare?"  She moves closer to him to hear more,"Yer...Yerim...no...fire...don't..."  Now confuse at the situation, Yeon Hee decides to ignore him and heads back to the fire. As she stare deep into the fire she thought of her mother after he had mention them,"Please...please there at the Royal Spot....please." she beg desperately when she hears a nosie behind her. "Oh? He's awake. Are you okay?" Right as she ask her question he pulls a sword near the neck,"Who the heck are you?" Startle by this, she sat there frozen until Sun Hee came back on time, "Drop it. You don't want to regret anything." After his vision came back, Taehyung finally realize who was in front of him,"Necklace?" Slowly he lower his sword and so did Sun Hee,"Why are you here? Wait..where's Yerim?!" he quickly stand up only to fall back down due to exhaustion. "Calm down first. We found you near the stream here and I don't know who this Yerim is-" "I must go find her..she can't be by herself alone." Stopping him from moving, Yeon Hee apply pressure on his wound. He yells out in pain,"See...it hurts. It dark out and I have to leave now if I must return home by the morning, so STAY here until morning. You can't be out there like that, you'll faint." she tells him as she puts on her cloak. "Why should I listen to you? I know my body." "Oh really..if you do then go out. We'll see who's right, come on let's go." "Taehyung." "What?" she ask confuse. "I think this is our third time meeting right? It's Taehyung. I might as well tell you since we might meet more in the future." "Yeon Hee." Shock by the Princess revealing her name, Sun Hee nudges her,"Yeon Hee is my name and well...you don't have to know hers. Thank you for telling me your name..I'll remember it, but saying that we'll meet again...we'll see." Leaving the cave, "Miss! Why did you tell him your name?!" Sun Hee whisper. "It's okay Sun Hee...he seems decent...for now. But it's nice meeting someone new for a change you know." Staying behind, Taehyung began to fix his clothes up when he realize his wound was taken care of already. Looking closely at the knot Yeon Hee did, he chuckle,"She's definitely different." he said as he touch the flower shape knot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"She's not here. Her name isn't even here." Yeon Hee was in disbelief. "Don't worry...we'll find her. I'll ask for information and you can just-" She pushes Sun Hee off,"NO! I have to be the one who does it. 18 years...I thought she was here ,but now....I thought that if this was true maybe Father can explain the Hanseok Village situation BUT-"  Tears began flowing down her cheeks,"Alright...I'll protect you and you can ask around okay. We can find her before we head home." "Really? What if it takes a couple of days?" "It won't. We can do this fast. Come on."

 

 

 

 

 

As the two were walking in silence for a couple of hours now, the sun began to rises. "Wow...it's so beautiful here." said Yeon Hee. "You're right sweetie." The two turn around towards the man's voice,"What do you want?" ask Sun Hee as she pulls her sword out. "Woah calm down Miss~We don't want trouble. It's just that my man here said that they saw you with this guy we were gonna kill. We just want to know where he is sweetie." As the chubby man was talking, Yeon Hee and Sun Hee realize they were surrounded. "You want the man? Alright he's-"  "We don't know where he's at." interrupted by Yeon Hee. "Miss, what are you doing." she whispers," It's okay, we can take on these guys...right?" "Miss, just give him up. We don't even know him that well-" "I didn't know you that well too, but look what happen." Breaking their conversation,"Come on sweeties, just tell us where he's at." "Over there!" yell Sun Hee. As the men turn their attention towards the way she pointed, she was able to attack a few of the guys smoothly. "Quick, run!" Doing what she says, Yeon Hee ran as fast as she could. As she ran away, Sun Hee had already taken down the guys. Looking back towards Yeon Hee, there was the chubby man earlier, already on her tail following her closely."Princess!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Still running as fast as she could, her necklace became loose during the chase making it fall onto the ground. "Wait..no.." She stops and turns back to find the necklace and faces the chubby man. "Well, well, well....Sweetie I asked you one question and you didn't want to give it to me?!" "Stop! I'll give you want you want if you leave me alone. You don't want to hurt me." The man laughs at her,"Who the hell are you to tell me what to do? Are you the Queen?! I just wanted information on the man." He continues to walk towards so Yeon Hee continue to back away slowly,"You'll regret this...I'm warning you." "Oooh, I'm so scared~ What are you gonna do? Scream? No one can hear you sweetie." Just as she's backing away, her hand reaches for a log beside her. She brings it up and swings it at the man, but he blocks it quick grabbing her hair. She scream in pain and he only laughs,"You know what, since you're pretty..before I kill you I should have some fun right?" Yeon He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter