Chapter 1

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

"Miss Yeon Hee~! Miss!" unable to breathe due to lack of air, the woman hands fall to her knees as she took a moment to regain her breath back. Coughing while scanning the area around, the woman yells once more, "Miss Yeon Hee~ where are yo-" "BOO!"  Startled, the woman jumps back and pulls out her sword laying the blade close to her neck.  "Sun Hee...do you have to go this far? Calm down it was just a joke." Realizing who she drew the sword on, Sun Hee withdrew the sword and lower her head  as fast as she could, "I'm sorry Princess, but you can't sneak up on me like that." Pulling her chin up, Yeon Hee smile softly and walk down her garden grown with all kinds of flowers. Following closely behind her is Sun Hee, "Sun Hee, do you really have to be that close to me? I need my personal space too." "I'm sorry Princess, I've been order to foll- " "Follow me closely by the King. I got it. Can't you say something new? I've been hearing that sentence all my life and it gets boring." Unsure of how to respond, Sun Hee stood silently when Yeon Hee turn around swiftly with a huge smile breaking the silence,"Should we go by today?"

 

 

 

"So far we have capture those who are involve in this treason, but we still have yet  to figured out who's the leader. Your Majesty, forgive me but I must ask you, do give my son more time to figure out this situation." The King sat in silence with no reaction on his face. No one in the room could see through him. He was cold. After a moment of silence, the King called the man up with only his finger. Following the King's order, the man approaches the King with his head lay low. Slowly, the King stood up staring intensely at the man in front of him. Seconds later, a smile was shown on his face. The rest of the ministers stood in silence and confuse at his reaction when suddenly there was a loud Thud! Everyone turn to look and saw the man that was called up ,now on the floor, trembling as the tip of his black hat that was slice off  had fallen to the floor. The King stood still with his sword on his hand and his smile that was there had disappear. "I asked you for the fish...but why am I getting the bait back huh?" The King gently places the blade underneath the scare man's neck," Jae Suk-ah...since we are close friend..I'll consider your wish. I won't kill you just yet so why are you trembling?" he whisper with a smile. Pulling the sword away, the King helped Jae Suk up slowly and carefully. "My friend, I didn't realize how weak you are. This is why you're serving me." No longer trembling, the man stood there as he made a fist secretly under his sleeves. "Tell your son to take his time. Don't worry, I'll be patience since I like you both." The King pat the man's shoulder before leaving his seat as everyone gave their respects to him as he left the court room.

 

As everyone is leaving the room, Jae Suk turn around staring at the King's seat in silence,"Enjoy your time up there while it last Jung Mo. I'll make sure to throw you off that seat myself."  "Sir!" Returning back to reality, he smile brightly at Yeon Hee,"Princess Yeon Hee, what are you doing here? You know your Father doesn't allow you to be near these meetings." Yeon Hee smile brightly like a child," Come on, I know that already but can't a daughter just see her Father doing his job? It's to show that I'm proud of him and how's he running our nation."  Peeking inside, Yeon Hee realize the room was empty. She let out a sigh," I see Father has already left again. Sir, can't you talk to Father for me. You guys were close friends and knew my Mother as well, can't you ask him to let me leave the Palace for just 1 hour?"  "I'm sorry Princess, but I can't do that. You know you're not allow to go outside." To her left, they both can hear Sun Hee yelling for the Princess,"Don't give her a hard time alright? Just know that your Father wants you to be safe that's all." The elderly man rubs her right shoulder with a warm smile,"Thanks...you know since Father is always busy, you always felt like a second dad to me sir." "Come on Miss! Stop running away from me!" yelled Sun Hee. Smiling, Yeon Hee said her goodbye and ran off as Sun Hee continue to follow her. Looking at them both, Jae Suk's warm smile suddenly faded away and he only let out a couple of coughs.

 

 

 

Finally catching up to her, Sun Hee began lecturing her,"I'm not gonna fall for your task again Princess! I'm tired of chasing you around-"  stops running as she realize what she saw in front of her. It was Yeon Hee dress up in some noble women clothes. She no longer had her fancy and pretty clothes anymore, she just look normal. "What do you think? I stole these from the lady who does my makeup since YOU don't have any nice clothes. It's all manly." Shaking her head, Sun Hee rushes towards her and tries to take her clothes off,"We can't-I won't let you do this. Take this off before we die. No. I'll die if the King sees this-" Pushing her away, Yeon Hee held onto her clothes tighty," Sun Hee-ah...can't you just do this for me huh? As a friend? No...as a sister, come on we're basically sister right? What's so bad about me going outside? It's not like I have an illness or something.Come on, I just want-" she pause in silence as she stare at the Cherry Blossom Tree in the middle of the yard,"Can't I just see my mom. Just once, after she passed away everyone including Father didn't let me say goodbye..and I don't remember much of my childhood anyways. My mind is almost like a blank when I think of her for some reason." Sun Hee sigh," You're right..after I found you on the floor that day, the Doctor just said you completely didn't even remember anything due to shock." Feeling pity for her, Sun Hee agreed,"Come on then, BUT you must promise to never run off or leave my side." "I promise!"

 

 

 

 

"Waaa~ this is the stuff!" Yeon Hee said excitedly as she gulp down a bowl of rice wine and a drumstick with her bare hand.  Whispering, Sun Hee lean closer to her as she noticed people eyeing them," Miss, must you eat like that?" Noticing that other people were looking at her, she also lean closer," So? People always told me how to eat ever since I was little so why can't I just eat with my bare hands. Look. Other people are doing it too." The two of them look around and she was correct. Men, women, and kids were eating with their bare hands in a savage way. "Miss..only the lower class are eating that way, You're not-" Dropping down her drumstick, Yeon Hee fixed her position and sat up straight,"Sun Hee. We're all human. Just because we have rankings doesn't mean anything when we die." she pause for a moment and curl her fingers to a fist. Quickly changing the mood, she smile, "So don't say those things anymore." Nodding her head, she lay down her sword and rip another piece of the chicken with her hands and gave it to Yeon Hee. They both smile at each other when suddenly Sun Hee overheard people gossiping. "I heard the King is gathering up those who are plotting to overthrown him-" "Ssh! Can't you talk lower woman!" The two lady lean closer to each other,"Who know if we'll die too just by talking about it, the King is mess up in his head. Did you not hear? He's no longer providing anything to the Hanseok Village anymore because he wants them to all die so he can take that place over and build a place for all the women he has." "Seriously?" "Duh! I don't know what going on, but at least there's a man over there who's supplying for those over there in that village. If they didn't have him they would probably fall by now." "Thank goodness they have such a nice man! What about the Princess? Is she even going to do anything about her father?" "Like she is-(Spit) I heard that the Princess is busy playing around all day! If she's like her mother then I'm sure she's sleeping around with other men as well." Anger by what the woman said, Sun Hee grab onto her sword tightly and before she could stand up, Yeon Hee stop her. "That's such a shame. You married a King and do all these things like sleeping around..no wonder they buried her out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter