Chapter 6

Beautifully Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho neared the entrance of Shinin' Towers holding his briefcase, he sipped his coffee before gingerly touched the base of his tie. The tightness almost suffocated him. No woman had ever done such a meaningful gesture like that for him. It almost seemed like….Sulli had cared about his comfort. Going home early yesterday had been good for him. Yes Minho declined Naeun's dinner invitation and with efforts he managed to make her understand that he was indeed tired and wanted nothing but rest. Arriving home, Minho almost forgot what it was like to do nothing. It felt strangely energetic.

Pushing his way through the revolving doors, Minho noticed the drastic change in his lobby. Nearly a quarter of the room was closed off and with brawny looking men viciously tearing apart his floor. Hammering and masculine grunts echoed through the building. And a little ways past the construction, there was Sulli. She was standing in a dark blue dress that flowed over the curve of her hips. It ended above mid thigh to show off her slim long legs to perfection.

Minho's eyes weren't the only ones that were drawn to the lovely lady. Several of the construction workers were openly staring at her and some businessmen weren't discreet with their stares either. On the other hand, Sulli appeared oblivious to all the attention she had cluelessly collected as she talked animatedly to the head of the tiling company.

Unconsciously, Minho found his feet gravitating towards her before he even realized it. He was right behind her about to tap her on the shoulder when someone beat him to it.

"Boss, here's your coffee." The girl's chipper voice was a little too happy for so early in the morning.

Sulli turned around to take the coffee from the girl but she froze for a second as she saw Minho standing behind her.

"Morning." Minho offered her a small smile which came out looking more like an arrogant smirk.

Sulli didn't smile back at him, she just gave him a small bow by way of greeting. Confused, Minho turned to look at the other girl. The girl who had given Sulli the coffee had turned around and practically gawking at Minho. When she got a clear look of him, rounded into a surprised 'o'.

Sulli looked to the side disinterestedly, obviously not about to make an introduction of who was this new girl. With a dark scowl, Minho decided to take it upon himself.

"Good morning, I'm Choi Minho."

"You're going out with designer Naeun, aren't you?" Blurted out the girl with the look of both amazement and disappointment crossed her face.

For one of the few times in his life, Minho was struck speechless. Going out with Naeun? What made her think that?

"I'm designer Sulli's assistant or in other words, her slaving, non paid intern. My name is Park Sooyoung." Sooyoung offered Minho a bow and a bright smile. 

Minho was still quite taken aback by her bluntness and how amazingly cheery she was. Even though she didn't exude the same y confidence and maturity as Sulli, she had this energy and twinkle that came out of her eyes and smile.

"Designer Naeun has been showing everyone at office your picture. I could easily tell that it's you from a mile away." Said Sooyoung.

"Naeun, she works with you?" Minho looked at Sulli incredulously. Apparently Seoul was small enough to have created this whole situation.

"She does." Sulli said tightly, examining her nails with sudden coldness.

"Boss, she was totally pissed off about the fact that you would be working here instead of her." Sooyoung told Sulli and then she turned her head to Minho. "But really, my boss is a way better decorator in our company. She's the best and you wouldn't want anyone else."

"Oh Sooyoung, I'm sure he'd prefer Naeun here rather than me. After all, they are going out." Said Sulli coolly, still not giving Minho a glance.

"Well, she and I--'' Minho began to explain himself that he had really only gone on a few dates with her and they weren't officially a couple but he was suddenly cut off.

"Minho! We have a meeting in a few minutes and you're standing here flirting with Sulli?" Chanyeol's voice came into the mixture. He came and stood next to Minho and together, the two made such an imposingly handsome picture that Sooyoung's lips formed that familiar 'o' once again.

"We weren't flirting. Morning Chanyeol." Sulli greeted, sending him a charming smile that she had failed to give Minho when he had arrived.

Minho could feel his face hardening as Chanyeol returned her greeting. What the hell was that? She was all tight lipped before but now when Chanyeol had come, she the charm all for him.

Chanyeol quickly glanced at the short girl who was standing next to Sulli. "Little sister or something?" He asked, indicating Sooyoung.

Sooyoung's smile vanished as Chanyeol gave her a smile like he was dealing with children. She hated it when people condescended to her because they thought she was younger than she was and they couldn't be more wrong. "I'm not her younger sister. I'm her assistant, Park Sooyoung."

"Oh sorry." Chanyeol flashed her a quick grin that almost made her forgive him instantly. Almost.

"How old are you then, 16?"

"I turn twenty next week." Sooyoung snapped, removing his hand from where he had been patting her on the head.

Chanyeol shrugged nonchalantly in his usual way. "Ehh, close enough. Man, we gotta go. See you around, Sulli." He said and left with Minho.

"Who the hell does that guy think he is?" Sooyoung demanded, glaring at Chanyeol's back who was disappeared inside elevator.

"That was Park Chanyeol. He's the vice president of Shinin' Finances Group." Replied Sulli.

Now that Minho was gone, she could feel herself relaxing. Ever since that whole ordeal with Naeun yesterday, she could feel her disdain for the both brothers coming back in full force. Minho and Naeun….those two had been quite a shock to her and even though she didn't give a damn about what Minho did with his life, she would have hoped that he would date someone else other than Naeun.


- - - -


Few days later

Minho growled with frustration as Sulli swept past him, barely giving him any recognition. This had been going on for days. She was obviously irritated about something but it only seemed to be whenever he was around. Whenever he saw her with Chanyeol, she seemed to be laughing her stupid little head off but whenever he came into the vicinity, seemed to be glued closed.

Whenever he passed her in corridors, she wouldn't say a word unless he did and even then, she would only give him a cold greetings. Whenever he asked her to come up to talk to him, she would go to Chanyeol's instead. Was she sleeping with him? They were certainly acting like old lovers, laughing and flirting openly in public.

To make matters worse, Naeun seemed to be everywhere. She seemed to be hanging around the building a lot, either waiting for Minho, or talking to Sooyoung and Sulli. He had no clue why she was continually coming to the building. She would ask to go out for lunch and he had taken her out again once, just so she would stop bugging him. After an hour of her chattering, Minho realized there was no way in hell that he could ever go out with her again, pity date or not.

Sulli had given him a cold glare that actually made him a little uncomfortable after he had come back from that lunch date. She was especially icy towards him that day.

What the could she be pissed at him for?

Minho sauntered into the lobby but stopped almost immediately. The lobby looked completely different. Sulli had chosen a sleek, black Italian marble as the flooring and new furniture had been implemented. Bright red leather couches were added to make the lobby look very elegant in a modern way. There was no longer the jarring sound of hammering and grunting men. The lobby looked spectacular.

Apparently, Minho wasn't the only one who thought so. He could see people gawking at the new surroundings and verbally voicing their awe.

Minho felt kind of proud of Sulli for all the work she had done. The place truly did look amazing. His irritation with her attitude vanished momentarily, as he spotted her standing towards the back of the lobby, directing some men on how to arrange more of the couches. Sulli had an aggravated scowl on her face and as Minho neared her, he realized why.

"Those couches are hideous, Sulli. Honestly, it doesn't go at all."

With a grimace, Minho recognized that voice.

"I don't recall asking for your opinion, Naeun. In fact, I don't recall asking for your opinion at all this week but it sure was great of you to needlessly offer it." Sulli snapped at Naeun. "It was actually kind of amusing, you know. Hearing how many times you could say the word eww or ugly in one day." Sulli continued sarcastically. To the men, she directed, "Alright there, that looks great."

"I tell you, don't you dare to go bug Minho or something personally." Said Naeun with her folded arms.

Sulli sighed exasperatedly, wanting nothing more than to punch this woman. Apparently their boss had gotten so fed up with the girl's whining, that she had allowed Naeun to come and helped Sulli with decorating. But all Naeun had done was flirt shamelessly with Minho and constantly try to undermine Sulli's authority. Needless to say, Naeun and Minho had been the source of her anger all week.

"Do your job and don't ever try to go after what is mine." Naeun sneered.

Sulli stiffened visibly and she turned a fierce glare towards Naeun. "For your information, I want nothing to do with him, if he has anything to do with you."

Minho cringed as he heard Sulli. Both women were unaware that he had been listening to their entire conversation.

"I hired Sulli because I knew she could do a good job and I'm glad to see that she hasn't disappointed me." Said Minho from behind the two ladies. Sauntering up, he lightly placed his hand on Sulli's shoulder, giving her a smile he hoped was more appreciative and admiring rather than arrogant and cocky.

It must

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter