Chapter 4

Beautifully Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho breathed in annoyance as he still had a full day of work ahead of him. It made no easier by the appearance of a certain dark haired beauty who had turned his life upside down.

A quick knock on the door broke Minho out of his trance. Chanyeol opened the door a crack before fully stepping into the room uninvited.

"Aren't you glad that we decided to hire a decorator after all?" Asked Chanyeol, making himself comfortable in one of Minho's seats. "Who would have expected that the interior decorator would be so beautifully y?"

Minho gave him a dark glare. "You'd better leave her alone, Chanyeol. She doesn't need your advances to distract her from her job." Minho told Chanyeol firmly. Whether it was out of jealousy or professionalism, he was going to make sure Chanyeol stay away from Sulli.

Chanyeol pouted, his immaturity coming through as a sudden snicker appeared on his lips. "So what did you want to talk to her alone for, earlier? I see that you just want her for yourself, don't you?"

Minho rolled his eyes. "Yeah right. She is not my type."

"y, smart and powerful isn't your type? Hell, you're right. Who would want her?" Chanyeol's sarcasm only intensify Minho's irritation.

Minho was already perfectly aware that she was incredibly y and pretty, but so what?

"She's going to be a distraction." Minho muttered darkly and that was no lie. From the moment Sulli had stepped into the office, she had the entire place falling at her feet. Chanyeol was already planning to seduce her in between breaks and Minho couldn't stop thinking about how soft and vulnerable she was when she was in his arms.

! If Minho wasn't thinking about how passionate she was in bed, then he was pitying her, or thinking about how vulnerable and in need of protection she was. Then the whole issue with Taemin....that was another story in and of itself.


- - - -


**The next day** 

Sulli was walking through the lobby of Shinin' building with a pencil perched adorably behind her ear and another pencil was currently in , as her hands were full with blueprints of the building. The lobby had to change. She had been unable to sleep the entire night before as she was so annoyed with how the lobby looked.

When she had arrived early that morning, Sulli had gone instantly up to the top floor to set up arrangements for the lobby. Minho and Chanyeol were in some sort of meeting so their secretaries had promptly assured her that when they were out, they would tell them to come and see her.

In the meantime Sulli was sitting on a couch in the vast lobby and she took out her sketching pad. She began to sketch the lobby, noting the open ceilings, and the gorgeous bay windows. She felt so relaxed. That's what she loved about her job, she wasn't under constant pressure like other professions. Her creativity was allowed free reign.

Standing up to stretch a bit, Sulli stepped closer to one of the black marble pillars that held up second floor. It was right by the glass elevators and the front desk. Gently, she touched her fingers to the cold marble when she heard a voice that made her blood run cold.

"Hey Jongmin! How have you been?"

Sulli perfectly recognize that light, lively tone anywhere.

"Hello sir! You're back from your honeymoon! How was it?" The guy from yesterday who was at the front desk asked excitedly.

"It was two weeks of heaven. I wish we could have stayed longer." Taemin replied.

Sulli could already picture the bright smile that was always on his face, probably brighter and happier than usual.

"Mm-hmm. Bet you two had lots of fun, didn't you?" The Jongmin guy teased with his ual undertone. 

It was too much for Sulli. She should go, she needed to go. But somehow, she couldn't make herself move from her hidden spot behind the pillar.

Taemin's deep laughter rumbled through the air and Sulli slowly closed her eyes as she listened to his reply.

"You know it."

Sulli didn't even hear the rest of their conversation. She was too busy trying to ignore the blasting headache that was currently pounding in her temples. She wasn't going to cry, she was way past that stage. All that was left now was…hurt. Hurt from a betrayal that she realized with a sudden shock might never go away.

Slowly, Sulli turned around from facing the pillar, only to come face to face with someone. Before she could even react, the mystery figure had grabbed her hand and pulled her into what seemed to be a janitor's room near the stairwell.

Sulli opened to shriek but his heavy hand came over to cover , anticipating her cry. She glanced up frantically and a pair of familiar large eyes leapt out at her. With recognition, she removed his hand from covering .

"What the are you dragging me into this room for?" Sulli demanded angrily, taking out her frustration on Minho.

Minho gave her a look of 'How dumb can you get?'

"What the are you doing hiding behind pillars like that? Taemin would've seen you the second he got into the elevators." Minho hissed back, placing his hand that she had removed from against the wall next to her head.

Sulli glared at him but unfortunately their only source of light came from the slits beneath the door and that was barely enough to make out his amazing feature.

"Aren't you supposed to be in a meeting or something?" Sulli asked irritably, staring hard at his small chin, avoiding his disarming gaze. She was staring so hard that she could see his small mole under his left mouth. Slowly, she felt the warm breath he made and for the first time, she realized just how close they were. The janitor's room was pretty cramped and it didn't help that he had practically pinned her against a wall.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter