Chapter 2

Beautifully Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho arrived his own home, not too far from where Sulli lived. He barely registered that it was nearing three on his clock as he sank into his couch, ignoring how pissed he was. Effortlessly, Minho fell into a deep sleep until the loud incoming call of his cellphone woke him up from his blissful dream. 

Minho found his phone on the floor, probably it was dropped from his pocket last night when he succumbed to his tiredness on the couch.

"Hello? Who the hell is this?" Minho growled into the phone, rolling over.

"It's me, hyung. Did you go wild at my wedding last night or what? Where did you go?" Taemin's chipper and teasing voice was too much so early in the morning.

With a groan, Minho covered his eyes with his free hand, blocking out the morning sun that beamed through the windows. "Taemin, it's too early for this. Give me a call later." He slurred, about to hang up when Taemin's laughter echoed through the other end.

"Too early? Hyung, it's already 1:00pm. You really must have gotten drunk." Taemin remarked.

1pm? When did the time fly to afternoon already? Minho rubbed his eyes and barely listened his brother rambling. Lifting himself off the couch, Minho stretched up his limbs.

"Hyung? Are you up for a basketball game before I have to go on my honeymoon?" Asked Taemin.

"Hmm? Yeah. I'll be there, give me half an hour." Hanging up the phone, Minho stalked into his master bedroom.

The darkness of the room leapt at him like a needy lover. Resisting the urge to just sink into his bed and ignore his brother, Minho walked like a zombie towards his closet, absently picking out a casual sport clothes. Flicking on the lights in his bathroom, the haggard man that looked back at him from reflection almost threw him off.

"Goodness." Minho muttered, turning on the sink faucet. His eyes were large and the dark circles underneath his eyes made him look like a crack addict. Deciding to shower later at the gym, Minho changed quickly, ignoring the soreness in his back muscles. With one last critical look at his reflection, Minho left his apartment.


- - - -

"Hey hyung, I'm liking the look you're going for today. Homeless crack addict?" Said Taemin as Minho glowered at him.

"Let's just play, all right?" Minho snapped, grabbing the ball from his younger brother and doing a few dribbles to warm up.

"Don't you want to know how the rest of the night went after you mysteriously disappeared?" Taemin deadpanned, instantly making Minho feel bad for leaving the wedding early. He was the best man after all and to leave the wedding for her….the thought made Minho want to rip something to shreds.

"What happened?" Asked Minho.

"Actually you didn't really miss much, I was just wondering where you went. Krystal and I didn't even see you leave." Taemin's voice wavered slightly in the end. Even though he didn't say it aloud, he had hoped that Minho would have at least stayed the entire night. His presence meant so much to him.

"I...." Minho started but nothing came out from his mouth and so he passed the ball to Taemin as a distraction. How would he start off? Or he would just say honestly, 'Oh, I left your wedding early so that I could go sleep with your former fiancée who is still hung up on you and screamed your name while we were having . It was great.'

"I just brought a girl home who was kind of drunk at your wedding. She wasn't feeling well and I thought it would be the right thing to bring her home. Then afterwards, I was too exhausted to go back to the reception. Sorry, little bro." Minho offered an explanation and apology. It wasn't a lie. It just so happened that Minho left out some of the truth.

Taemin nodded his head, accepting his words. "Really? Well, that was good of you. She must've been hot." He threw Minho a mischievous smirk as he began to dribble the ball, both of them automatically knowing the game had begun.

"Come on, you can tell me the truth, hyung. Did you sleep with her?" Taemin maneuvered around Minho, his footwork tight and clean. Passing the ball from hand to hand, Taemin caught the dark look that swept across his brother's face.

"I don't kiss and tell." Minho said tightly, thinking to himself that yes, Choi Sulli was hot. More than hot, she was stunning but he'd be damned if he was ever going to tell Taemin that.

With a swipe of his hands, Minho managed to take possession of the ball from Taemin who was too interested in the girl who had managed to catch Minho's interest. With a quick turn, Minho shot the ball, watching with satisfaction as it cleanly went through the rim.

"You should be more interested in the game rather than my business if you plan on winning, Taeminnie." Minho teased, easily changing the subject. "So where are you two going for the honeymoon?"

"The two heavenly weeks are going to be in Maldives." Said Taemin with a sigh, his eyes glazing over at the thought of his wife.

"Two weeks? It's quite too long."

"Me and Krys work way too much anyway. And hyung, there is never going to be too long of a time when I'm with her. It's always too short." Said Taemin as his cheeks went slightly pink.

Minho couldn't help but feel a little jealous of his younger brother. He found his soulmate and he looked genuinely happy whenever he was around Krystal. "So you're happy with her then?"

"Happier than I've ever been before." Replied Taemin, moving past Minho's defense and his hands were projecting to shoot the ball when Minho asked, 

"Happier than you were with that other girl?"

Taemin shot the ball but it missed the hoop completely. There was silence between the two brothers as the ball rolled into the ground. Taemin was panting slightly, his eyes alert and wary.

Minho wasn't sure why he even bothered asking about Sulli. When he came back from Japan, his mother had filled him in on a bit of the back story of how Sulli and Taemin had met but Taemin, himself, had never spoken a word on the subject. 

Walking across the court, Minho retrieved the ball, tossing it to his brother. "Forget the question, Taem." Minho mumbled.

"It's a different kind of happy." Taemin answered. He swept the sweat from his forehead. Choi Sulli, his ex fiancée. It hurt to think about her sometimes but hell, it was probably nothing compared to her pain. He could still remember that betrayed look in her eyes, the wounded look when she ran from the church with her wedding gown flying around her.

"With Sulli, I loved her but there was always something missing. I always wanted more, she would never give me enough. I thought that when we got married, she would open up more and let me into her life. That was a big mistake. Krystal was her best friend, you know." Taemin paused to swallow.

"If you weren't sure of your future with her, why did you bother marrying her?" Minho asked critically. Even though Sulli was malicious last night but Minho could see where her pain came from. Being abandoned at your own wedding by your lover and your best friend couldn't have been an easy experience.

"I didn't know. I thought I loved Sulli but when I met Krystal.…God! That was when I knew that the love I had for Sulli couldn't compare to the attraction that I had for Krystal. Krystal looks cold on the outside but she does laugh, cry, and she shows emotion to me without hiding. She made me feel things I thought I couldn't ever feel again." Taemin's guilt was beginning to rise and he dropped the basketball, moving towards one of the bleachers instead.

"The first time we met, she teased me about the circles underneath my eyes because I was always working back then. She called me a panda. She asked me questions like what I would do with my life if I didn't have to work. What were my dreams? Where I wanted to travel? That's when I realized my life was empty."

"Once, I was dropping Krystal off at her apartment when it started snowing. Do you know what did she do? She leaped out of the car while I was driving and she started tumbling around and playing in the snow. I got out and scream at her because I was scared she hurt herself. And right when I was almost to her, she threw a snowball in my face and screamed, 'Snowball fight!'" Taemin paused and smiled, thinking over the happy memory. "So we had a snowball fight. At the end of it all, she turned around and gave me the most gorgeous smile ever. God, she looked so beautiful. Her cheeks were rosy and her eyes were so clear. I knew then that I could love her. I would love her. That I would love her more than I could ever love Sulli and that I would do anything to keep Krystal by my side."

"I heard she was at the wedding." Minho mumbled and Taemin winced slightly.

"Yeah, mom told me this morning. I didn't see her though last night." Taemin replied, looking relieved. 

Minho stared at Taemin almost dumbfounded. How could he not see Sulli? She was wearing a red dress and she entered in full blown of seductive color. Choi Sulli looked completely amazing.

But then, why would Taemin when he had Krystal? He didn't notice her, maybe that's why Sulli was so upset at the end of the night. She had looked in Taemin's direction with a gaze of longing and then she had proceeded to bury her face in Minho's shoulder.

"So why did you have to leave her at the wedding? Why did you have to pick the cruelest time and way to break the news to her?" Minho prodded. His brother had made a massive mistake and it was Sulli who was left to suffer for her mistake of loving Taemin. Despite himself, Minho felt a stab of pity for her. No one deserved that.

"I didn't…I didn't mean to hurt her." Taemin knew that was a lie, he fell deeper in love with Krystal knowing that Sulli would be hurt in the end.

"Yeah, right. How would you have felt if Krystal had left you at the altar yesterday for me?" Minho's said.

Taemin's face fell. He would be crushed. There would be no point in him living. Is that how Sulli felt?

At the sight of his crestfallen brother, Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter