Roommates?

Stay By My Side

Jeongyeon

It was already 2am when we finally reached the dorm.

Ji Hyo rouses the other members, especially the maknaes who were already snoring .

We filed sleepily to the door and sat down the sofa.

"So there's 4 bedrooms in the dorm. However, since we only anticipated 7 members I think we are a bed short. So Manager-nim said that we have to have the maknae stay in one room because they have to attend school so Dahyun, Chaeyoung and TzuYu will take the first room. Nayeon, Mina and Sana will be with me in the room in the middle and you will have to share the room with Momo."

"Ji Hyo! Why—"

"I'll talk to you outside."

"But, but—"

Momo just looked at me with an unreadable expression, but I can see she was pouting.

Outside, I faced Ji Hyo.

'Oh, c'mon now, why did you set me up to be roommates with her?"

Ji Hyo was calm and very rational.

"We can't have the three Japanese in the same room JY. We have to even it out."

"Why can't it be you or Nayeon-uunie? If you only seen her dorm, it was very untidy! Clothes every where! You know I can't live with that!"

"Nayeon? You know her, she's bossy. So no, not Nayeon. It's up to you to teach her. Or else, the whole dorm will be like that."

There's really no way of winning over Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo sighed. "You've seen the look in her eyes JY. She looks so lost. Even if her friends were here, you remembered the things that JYP had told her."

I watched the broadcast so yes, I am aware of what she has gone through.

But why me?

"Because she will be needing someone like you."

"Like me?"

"You're like our guardian, you always take care of us. And now we will embark in this journey, we have to lead this group. We have been trainees for a long time. We know how it works. So help me." Ji Hyo looked at me pleadingly. And God Ji Hyo never pleads.

We went back to the house and before Ji Hyo entered the room, she gave me that Do-your-best-or-die-look.

I entered a small room with one bed in the middle. I cursed under my breath. So I have to really sleep beside her?

"So let's get this straight. We are going to share that bed. I hope you do not snore, nor very naughty when you sleep."

Momo nodded.

I went to the right side of the bed and prepared my things. She quietly prepare her things as well.

"And I don't like an untidy room. You hang your clothes or put it straight in the hamper. Make your own bed."

'Hai."

JY almost smile. She sounded like an anime.

JY went to the bath to wash herself. She found Momo already asleep, lying in at least half of the bed.

"Argh. This is going to be a long night."

***

Momo

I don't know what I have done in my previous life to deserve something like this. My roommate, aka Monster Jeongyeon was an OC. She scolds me most of the time for a lot of things-my side of the bed being unkept, clothes strewn on the bed, and even touching her legos! She's even probably angry at me for breathing.

So after three days, I decided to muster my courage and went to Ji Hyo and requested to swap roommates.

Ji Hyo smiled knowingly at me. "Jeongyeon giving you a hard time?"

Not wanting to bad-mouth my roommate, I shook my head. "Can't I just stay here? I can even sleep on the floor...or maybe Nayeon-unnie would like to stay with her."

Ji HYo laughed out loud to what I said. "I will only do that if I want the whole dorm to crumble. No, Nayeon is not an option. This arrangement that we have is the best. Do you want me to talk to Jeong?"

"No, no... I can manage. Thanks."

That night, Jeong arrived at the dorm without even looking at me. I can sense she is annoyed or even angry at me. Anyway, what is new? Maybe Ji Hyo had told her about my request. I shrugged. I laid on my side facing the wall when she spoke.

"You want to get rid of me that bad, huh?"

Not understanding what she meant, I pretended to be asleep. After few minutes she laid next to me and heard her even breathing. I have been enduring 3 sleepless nights, afraid that even my small movements might wake Ms. Monster up.

And then I hear her moan. She seemed to be having a nightmare. She's was lying stiffly, her arms on her sides like she was pinned and she was very loud.

I went to her side and tried to shook her. "Jeongyeon? Jeong! Are you ok?"

She was still and crying and thrashing her head from side to side. I was suddenly got very afraid. I tried to shook her harder. "Jeong! Jeong ! C'mon wake up. Onegai. Wake up!"

She suddenly sat up looking very bewildered and panting.

"Jeongyeon? Are you ok?"
She then looked at me as if she just noticed that I was there.

"Momo? Wh- what happened?"

"You were having a nightmare."

She sighed and laid down.

"I'm sorry, you have to see that..."

"Do you usually have nightmares?"

"Sometimes. Most of the time when I'm stressed."

"So I stress you out? Gomen ne..."

Jeongyeon smiled her first smile at me since Sixteen.

"Ji Hyo told me that you want to switch beds? You really want to leave me?"

"I feel that you don't like me."

"Oh."

"So...I thought to switch beds so that you will not be burdened with me."

"Burdened?"

"I am not fond of cleaning. I don't know much about how you like to organize your things. I feel that whatever I do, is not enough."

Jeongyeon sighed. "Sorry. I didn't mean it to be like that."

I don't have words for that. I laid down on the bed and stared on the ceiling.

"Are you asleep, Momo?"

"Nah. I'll wait for you to sleep first. I might need to wake you up again."

"Momo?"

'Hmmm...?"

"Can you stay here? As my roommate? I promise I will not scold you. Or maybe try not to scold you too much."

"Okay."

I hear her sighed in relief.

I slipped my hands into hers. I felt her flinched but she didn't pull away.

We slept holding hands and I never felt better.