New Beginnings

Stay By My Side

Three years ago

Momo POV

It was just after the final episode of Sixteen and it really haven't sunk yet how she, Momo Hirai have been included in the final list of winners for the new JYP girl group Twice. Everything had been a blur, and she has been ushered to a room with reporters, managers, PA's and company people. Korean has been tough to learn, but most especially when you don't really understand what has been going on around. Last thing she remembered she was watching the final show to cheer on her J-Line friends, Mina and Sana when her name was called by none other than JYP as the last member of Twice. And the rest have been a blur of people, cameras flashing and a lot of bowing.

When they have been ushered to a van, that's the first time that she heard silence. Then a chaotic rush of words.

"O-kay. So that's that."

"I still can't believe it."

"Shocking!"

"I didn't expect it to end like this.."

"Did you see..?."

I was speechless and just nodded to their comments. All these time, Ji Hyo has been holding my hand and guiding her where we are going.

"It's difficult to take in, I know. Everything's been done and we can just relax for the meantime."

The manager informed us that we will be going to the dorm where they will be staying so she told them that they need to get their things from our previous dorms. Ji Hyo then asked me, "Where can we get your things?"

"I live not very far from here...I can just get it in and comeback."

"No, we'll drive there and wait for you."

The dorm was just five minutes away and when the van stopped I went out.

'Jeongyeon, why don't you accompany her? She might have a lot of things that needs to be carried so..."

The short haired girl at the back sighed with annoyance. And mouthed, "Why me?"

The other girls have been already sleeping so Ji Hyo shrugged.

I shook my head. I'm starting to get a headache. "I don't have a lot of things. If you want, just give me the address of the new dorm and I'll just go there so that you don't have to wait for me. "

I went to the narrow street leading up to my apartment where I have been staying for the past two months after I was eliminated from the show. It was only a room for one person, but it was the cheapest I could find in a very tight budget.

I was gathering my clothes that were strewn all over the place when somebody spoke, "You lived here by yourself?"

Jeongyeon.

"Yah."

"Looks cramped."

"It is not when all you do here is sleep."

"You don't tidy up too well."

"I didn't have time."

Jeongyeon did that arrogant smirk of hers. I wanted to kick her shins but I remember she's gonna be my band mate.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you angry at me?"

"I'm not."

"Well, it seems like it."
 

"I just think it's a bit unfair that we all have to endure the weekly tasks and face a lot of hardships, when you just conveniently just been added at the final episode."

"You think it was my fault? I was surprised as you were!"

The van honked and I went back to gathering my things. Jeongyeon continued to survey the room and stopped at the trash bin.

"You ate a lot of noodles."

"It's all I can afford."

JY looked at her new colleague interestingly. They were never team mates in doing the tasks in Sixteen but she know that this person is a very good dancer. She was friends with the other Japanese, Mina and Sana.

"C'mon, the others are waiting."

"Go ahead. I have to return the key. I'll be down in a sec."

She watched as Momo went to the adjacent door and return the keys. The old woman in the house rushed out and gave Momo a hug and there were some cheers inside the house.

"I saw you in TV! You won that competition!"

Momo bowed and smiled her probably realest smile for the day.

"Thank you. Thank you for taking me in and taking care of me. I won't forget your kindness."

Carrying two cases, Momo struggled down the stair path.

Annoyed, Jeongyeon get the larger case from her and went first.

"Gomawo." I whispered.

 Jeongyeon shivered.