Tired Hearts

Stay By My Side

It was almost back to normal between Jeongyeon and Momo. They've decided to just keep their PDA inside their rooms and spend their time with the others when they were outside. Momo was cool with it,and she does a great job with it, however it is Jeongyeon who gives up most of the time with their pretense and backhugs or put her arms around Momo's shoulders during photo opportunities. When they were younger, Momo is clingier and bolder in the show of affections between the two of them, and she would just panic and turn away from her kisses.

'If only I could turn back time...'

She looked across the room where Momo is and she sees Momo in the corner cuddling Da Hyun. She frowned. She still cannot get used to Momo and Dahyun's show of affection, but Momo assures her that it's nothing to be a cause of concern. She just find DaHyun adorable and she just loves to shower her with kisses. Jeongyeon sighed. Sometimes, she feels that Momo likes Da Hyun more than her...but she knows how much Da Hyun loves Sana so.. maybe it's just a DahMo thing or moreover, a Momo thing.

When it comes to their members, there are two reactions to Jeongyeon and Momo: With Jeongyeon, members want her attention, and with Momo, members want to give her lots of attention. Despite being the third oldest, Momo is the baby, even of the Maknaes.

Suddenly, Sana flops beside her. "Why so lonely, Jeongyeonie?"

"Nothing. You done with practice?" Sana will be performing in a special stage with Mina, Momo and Nayeon in MAMA in Japan.

Sana linked her arms with JY and leaned on her shoulders. She flinched but she didn't move.

"Yeah. We've been doing Good Girl, Bad Girl for so long so it's easy as pie." Sana looks at her, putting her chin on JY's shoulder.

"Hmmm..."

They stayed quiet for a few seconds before she gestured towards where Momo and Dahyun are. Sana hummed.
"So how do you...deal with it?"
"With what?"
"With them...?"
"Oh. Well, I've known Momo for 7 years, she's just like that."
"You’re not jealous?"
"Dubu probably just want to try it out with Momo. But I know Dubu and I trust her."
"What if she have feelings for Momo?"

"Then my Momoring is lucky."

Jeongyeon doesn't have answers to that.

"You jealous?"

"You know I am, Sana."

"If Momoring won't have you, I'll have you, 230." Sana winked. JY rolled her eyes. Sana pouts. "I'm serious! You just don't take me seriously!"

JY pinched Sana's cheeks, "Because I know how whipped you are for Dahyun."

"Well, that's true. But again, the offer still stands." Sana gives her the y smile and air kissed her. JY just shook her head, but she can't help but smile on her antics. Sana has been forever chasing her and it makes her really uncomfortable. Sana is adorable, but she doesn't know if she's just teasing her or if she likes her. But then again, Sana is like Momo, only about 10x bolder and she has alot of love to give, being an only child.

Among the 9 girls, she is most comfortable showing affection with Momo and with Chaeyoung. She's done with her 3mix sisters with Ji Hyo abhorrent with any type of skinship with her but she knows how Ji loves her to death, and there's Nayeon-unnie who has been her best friends since trainee days and one of the most vocal about her affection to her. Everytime they will talk or share aome small moments, Nayeon-unnie will be all smiley and blush slightly and she knows how Nayeon thinks that it is one of the best moments she's having--that Jeongyeon noticed her. Jeongyeon sighed. She had neglected Nayeon-unnie and Ji Hyo lately, and she wished they are not that busy so she can ease the burden on her friends' shoulders... Maybe after Christmas they could go out, just the three of them.

Momo is back practicing with Mina and they all watched how the performed Bounce. Jeongyeon sighed again. If she's going to be jealous with everybody that Momo interacts with, she's going to be tired all day. Her girlfriend doesn't seem to get tired with all these show of affections to everybody, so why would she, right? Maybe she needs to let loose and stop being uptight and protective of Momo... Anyway at the end of the day, they spend nights together on the same bed.

---

"Dahyunie!!"

Dahyun looked up and see Momo-unnie sweaty from their practice for the MAMA. She smiled and gave Momo Pocari Sweat and the older girl flopped beside her. She can't help but admire the older girl's talent in dancing and her nice-toned body. Momo leaned her head on Dahyun's shoulder, sighing.

"Tired?"

"Kind of. Two special stages and 3 Twice dances can also do this to me."

"I thought you were the Dancing Mochine?"

Momo gave a sleepy hmmmm and closed her eyes. She laid down on the younger girl's lap. "Dahyun, give me a kiss."

Dahyun's eyes widened a bit. She saw JY across the room with Sana-unnie and they were laughing about something. Sana is standing close to JY and is currently touching her arm. She frowned. JY doesn't looked annoyed when Sana hit her , but just smiled widely. Dahyun frowned but turned to Momo. "But Jeongyeonie is there. She might get angry at me. Again."

"Why would she be angry at you Dahyunie?"

"Because---"

"Don't worry about Jeongyeonie. She knows how I feel about you."

"And what is that?"

Momo opened one eye and pinched Dahyun's cheek. "You’re really cute, Dubu."

"So what are we unnie?"

"Would you believe me if I say I love you?"

"Unnie--"

"And I am happy when you are beside me."

Dahyun felt confused. She likes Momo unnie but she likes Sana unnie too. The two Japanese girls loves to shower her with kisses on the lips, cheek and neck, and she can't help but fall for both of them. But that's not right, right? How can she have feelings for Momo-unnie when she knows she loves Sana unnie too? And when she knows that Momo-unnie loves Jeongyeonie?

Sana's high-pitched laugh rang over the practice room as JY was chasing her around the room and tickled her when she was able to catch her. Dahyun's throat constrict on the sight and felt a pang in her chest, like an angry monster wanting to go out.

'What is happening to me?'

--

If for some, December is the holiday season, for Twice it is busiest and the most notorious seasons that they sometimes wish that December doesn't exist. There are a lot of award stages, all 3 networks have Music Festivals with only 2-3 days in intervals, and then they were invited to perform in the year end shows in Japan so they need to fly to Japan and back to Korea then to Japan again. So to say that they were exhausted was an understatement. But no one among them would dare say it, for fear that it will give more burden to each other to see one crack under pressure. They tried to smile, but their eyes cannot even hide the fact that they are tired. They have to be strong not for the fans but more so for each other.

As soon as they arrived in their hotel, Momo laid down on her bed. She is always roomed with Sana during their Japan gigs and she always welcomed the opportunity to be with her Japanese sister for a change. Instead of lying down or arranging their things, Sana went out to the balcony and stood there looking in the cityscape. Japan has a different vibe than Korea, and the three felt home in their native land even when they called Korea home for 6 years now. But they know how hard it is for the other members to be in Japan because of the language barrier.

"Satang, something bothering you?"
Momo stood up and went to where Sana is standing. She looked at Sana's profile, with a bittersweet smile on her lips. Among them, Sana is the one whose tiredness really showed in her eyes. She lost her glow and her cute antics, replaced by tired smiles and sighs.

"We've really gone far now, don't we? From being unknown, to being a household name... We've achieved our dreams, didn't we Momoring?"

Momo stood beside Sana and took a deep breathe. "Yes. It seems so long ago, isn't it?"

"If this is what we have wanted, why do we feel burdened? Why do I feel sad? Why do I want it to stop? Am I selfish?" tears are threatening to fall from her eyes. Momo held Sana's hand and squeezed it.

"Satang, nothing comes without a price. Nothing is being given without us working hard for it. All we just need is to find happiness on what we do. If we're tired, rest. If we cannot rest, let's ask ourselves why we are here in ths first place." Sana looked at Momo and gave a small laugh." Wow, who are you and replace my Momoring? You're so serious, so not you. "

Momo gave out her" Eeh?! ",
earning giggles from Sana." I can't be matured in times of these? It was you who was sentimental early on!" sana laughed and hugged her. "Must be Jeongyeon rubbing on you. You sounded like her... Matured. "

Momo smiled and looked at the setting sun. The yellow, orange, and red hues splayed across the sky. For a few moments, they looked at the setting sun in a companionable silence. "I miss this. I miss moments when I can just stop and breathe and think. Our days have become so hectic that I can't even hear myself. I just go with the notions of our daily lives. That we just need to sing and dance and smile." Momo sounded very wistful, and Sana cannot do anything but sigh and held Momo tighter.

Momo is not a very emotional person. She said that she doesn't cry easily for she's been crying since she was child while dancing. But Momo is the most hardworking among them. She doesn't stop until she perfected a routine. Even it's just a practice, she gives her all. It's no wonder she was chosen to lead them in dance breaks and special stages but Sana knows--despite dance being Momo's first love, she carries a lot of burden in her shoulders. She absolutely forbidded Momo to read the news about them, or comments in their videos because of the nasty comments on her singing and sometimes criticisms on her dancing--which was very stupid because she's the best out there--but Momo always dances like she has to prove something.

"Momo, you know that your indispensable to us, right? Without you, there's no Twice. And I will always remember that two instances that I cried the most in Sixteen--When you were eliminated and when you were called back."

"Yah, yah, I know. That's why I am always thankful to you guys. Especially to you, Sanake. If I didn't meet you that April, I think I wouldn't have survived training in Korea and even without knowing Korean words! Thank you Sana, really, thank you."

She leaned on Sana's shoulders and Sana hugs her tighter." Let's promise nothing would ever come between us, that we will be like this forever, even if we are already old and wrinkly!" Sana laughed by held out her pinky finger." Promise."
They then continued to watch the sun setting very near to the horizon, but two didn't mind the cold creeping in, warmed by their embrace and the feeling in their hearts.

The peace was disturbed by a knock from their door and Mina entering, along with TzuYu. They quickly let go of each other and wiped their tear-stained faces.

" Hey, how come the two of you having a party without us?" Mina asked quietly but teasing her two sisters.

Sana gestured for the two to come closer and enveloped the three of them for a hug. "Nah, we were just watching the Nippon sunset and it just made us a little sentimental."

"It sure is a beauty."

Mina and Tzuyu were sandwiched between Momo and Sana and they stood there in the balcony, enjoying the short time that they will have the peace and quiet. And they were not wrong. Because the door opened again and entered the five other members.

" Yah! We've been looking all over for you, and you're just here! Hey, have you been crying?" Jeongyeon is really loud, but there was a concern on her voice.

"Nah, just enjoying the Nippon sunset."

Jeongyeon went to her side and put her arms around her, while the other members followed suit. They all stared at the sun dipping on the horizon before it disappeared completely and replaced by thousands of stars.

"And that... was a great finale. Let's go downstairs guys, I'm famished." Ji Hyo gestured to the door. Momo and Sana shared a glance and smiled.

Subete ga daijōbu ni narudarou.

--

"Unnie.."

"Dahyunnie!"

"Can I walk with you?"

"Sure." Sana linked her arms with Dahyun as they walk back to their hotel room.

"You’re quiet, honey, something wrong?"

"Nothing, just tired. That performance  earlier was fun, wasn't it? I think it really was the greatest Twice Show!"

"I know, it's soo amazing, even I have to say it myself!"

"You look happy, Sana unnie. Even because Jeongyeon unnie hugged you right?"

Sana beamed." Yeah! For years she had been avoiding my advances! It felt soo good! I can't help but be happy! "

" Yeah, good for you... " Dahyun smiled a smile without reaching her eyes.

"Did you enjoy the show?"

"Ah, me? Yeah." How can she enjoy it when all along she was looking at Sana being happy with someone else.

"Jeongyeon-unnie was really fun to be with, she teased me alot earlier. Maybe because she's nervous, she's pretending to be cool by teasing others so they would not know she's nervous."

"Ahh.. Hmmm."

"Are you ok Dahyunnie?"

"Yeah, I'm ok. Manager unnie said we will attend Mama in HongKong. I just wished we could go home tomorrow but well.."

Sana gave her a hug. "Awww my poor baby. Don't worry, after this we can have atleast one day rest let's go out if you want? I kinda miss you..."

"Sure, unnie. Well, there's your room. I am rooming with Nayeon-unnie tonight--" suddenly Sana pressed her lips to dahyun's, stunning her.

"Goodnight! I'll see you tomorrow, ok?"

Dahyun touched her lips, looking at Sana entering the SaMo's room.

"Goodnight."

---

Momo was already on her bed when Sana entered the room.

"You’re here early. No date with Jeongyeon unnie?"

"Nah, she said she will sleep early, long flight tomorrow."

"Oh."
"Why?"
"Nothing."
"You want me to call her?"
"No, no, no need! She might already be asleep."

Silence.

"Mo.."
"Hmmm."
"Jeongyeon unnie hugged me earlier and..."

"You felt happy?"
Sana gulped. "Yeah.. I mean she always deflected my gestures but tonight she hugged me first.."

"That's good, Satang.."

"Aren't you going to be angry?"

"Why would I? It's just a hug, right? "

Sana gulped. It was actually more than that but she answered, "Yeah. Nothing more."

"Hmm-mmm." Momo already drifted to sleep.

Sana sighed. She's having these long-buried feelings surfacing after that brief hug earlier... She has always had that crush on Jeongyeon unnie since Sixteen but the former has always been whipped with the older Japanese. But now, she noticed that JY has been talking more comfortably with her and paying her more attention than in the previous years.
She looked at her sleeping sister on the other bed. Surely Mo would not mind being close to Jeongyeon. Even without talking about it, they have an unspoken agreement that since they were sisters, they will support each other's happiness. That is why even Dahyun is basically her girlfriend, she let's Momo to be sweet on her too. She knows Dahyun sometimes feel uncomfortable but if it makes Momo happy, then she just let them be. After all, she knows how much Dahyun loves her.

Sana slept soundly that night with a smile on her lips.

---
They did not perform in MAMA HK because they were not even in the line up of those who will attend. It was a last minute decision of JYP PDnim himself so they just enjoyed the performances of various artists. Sana found herself sitting next to Jeongyeon again and she enjoyed JY's company immensely. JY is vey fun to be with her funny antics and ideas. She also tickles her occasionally, making her lie down their seat to avoid being tickled. All these didn't escape Dahyun who just sighed beside Momo.

"What's wrong, Dahyun-ah?

"Nothing. Just bored."

"I just realize it's more fun dancing than sitting.."

"Haha. Me too. We complain when we get to perform because we are tired, yet when we are just sitting down, we complain as well."

"Well, we can't compete with what we have done at the MAMA Japan, I think that's our best performance of all time!" Momo exclaimed.

"True."

Dahyun looked around at their back where the fans were and she was able to spot a few ONCEs waving their Candy bongs. When the fans saw Dahyun they waved like crazy. Dahyun stood up and stepped a little closer to the fans. Momo saw Dahyun and she followed suit. They interacted  with the fans for a few minutes before  they went back to their seats.

Dahyun really is the mood changer of their group,Momo thought, because she can hype well the fans or even them Twice. But as soon as they returned to their seats, she saw the slight change in Dahyun's expressions. The smile from her eyes disappeared, even if there is a smile on her face. She glance on where Dahyun was looking and saw Sana and Jeongyeon laughing and flirting with each other. She frowned. Sana was just telling her the other night that JY hugged her, maybe they felt closer that's why they were hanging out more, she reasoned out. She tried to ignore what she was feeling with that sight so to cheer Dahyun up, she leaned her head on Dahyun's shoulders and patted her back. All of these moments were captured by some fans, uploaded in Twitter and other SNS. Before the end of the night, along with them winning the Song of The Year and Ji Hyo's tearful speech, DahMo and JeongSa are already trending, without them knowing. Not until that happened.