Pine Tree (Parents' Day Special) [KYU]

YG Treasure Stories Box


PARENTS’ DAY SPECIAL – JUNKYU ONE-SHOT

 

Main characters: Junkyu and his parents; OC

OC: Choi Jinhee (Jinny) – a model, Junkyu’s childhood friend

Supporting characters: other OCs (Jinny’s family)

 

Genre: slice of life

 

Description: Treasure 13 is now a very famous two-year-old rookie monster, and Kim Junkyu gets a little too busy for family time, unable to go home for months. When the Parents’ Day comes and his parents wish he can come home, but he’s got a packed schedule, what will he do?

 

NOTE: This story is inspired by the song “Pine Tree” by Wanna One, do listen to the song so you get the feels :D enjoy!

 


 

Sometimes I wondered if it was really what she wanted.

 

It was another normal day when she would sit in front of the TV, her hair loosely tied in a low, messy ponytail, and her pretty face looking weary due to the soft wrinkles and darkening eye bags. She hadn’t really been taking good care of herself lately.

 

If I looked back to the past, I would see the same motherly face having a more vibrant smile and a lively twinkle in her radiant eyes. But these days it all had changed because of her longing.

 

Longing for her big baby koala, who was about to appear on the screen any time soon.

 

Yes, she was a mother of an idol. And I, Choi Jinhee, was there to accompany the lonely woman. She was like my own mother after all – especially since her older son had moved out months before.

 

“Oh, it’s them! Look, Jinny, it’s their turn.” Mom’s soft voice and gentle touch on my knee pulled me out of my trance. She pointed at the screen, which was showing a group of thirteen boys in soft pastel-colored outfits, having just started their performance at a music show.

 

“Oh, my baby Junkyu is so handsome today.” She clasped her hands, a loving smile gracing her lips. “Their clothes are so adorable."

 

“Their stylists are finally doing their job right,” I chuckled.

 

We both had a big smile when the camera zoomed in on a smiley boy with a koala-like smile, wearing a fluffy baby blue and white sweater, and a light grey beanie on his jet black hair.

 

“He’s 22, but they still make him look 18.” Mom laughed. “Time flies so fast.”

 

“Right, it’s been two years… I thought Treasure 13 would have a more mature concept after reuniting again.” I shrugged. Treasure 13 – that group was bigger than a soccer team. They had spent the previous year doing separate activities as two subgroups, Treasure and Magnum, and this year they were coming back as one.

 

“But this soft spring concept is also nice, don’t you think, Mom?” I asked.

 

“Yes! It is nice.” Mom perked up. “The song is a happy song, but something in it feels nostalgic.”

 

“It does.”

 

Hey Kim Junkyu, don’t you know we miss you?

 

I looked at my old friend on TV, taking notice of how tall he looked with his ridiculously long, slender legs. It brought a glimpse of my childhood memory with him, when we had been walking together through a pine forest on a school trip.

 

“Whoa, these trees are very tall,” said ten-year-old Junkyu, walking with his hands clutching his yellow backpack straps and his head jerked back to see the mighty tall pine trees above our heads.

 

“Just like you,” I joked back then. “Your legs are long, you’re going to grow into a pine tree!”

 

“Huh? I’m not a tree! I-I’m too cute to be a tree. N-Not that I think I’m cute, but people say I’m cute.”

 

I had to stifle a chuckle recalling his flustered baby face, and his funny complaints whenever I had by calling him a tree. Seeing those legs now, I was convinced he had really grown into something similar to a pine tree.

 

We had been friends since we were six; our first encounter was at a kids photoshoot for a clothing brand. He was a very active child model, and I was too, hence we kept on running into each other until we – and our mothers – eventually became close friends. We grew up a bit and entered the same primary school, and our friendship continued until he became a trainee, made his debut, and started to get too busy to even visit his parents.

 

He was then a crazy famous idol, and I was just an occasional model, a normal student.

 

Did we still keep in touch? Of course… not that much.

 

However, this is not about me. It’s his mother; I wondered if this life was what she wanted when she let him plunge into the entertainment industry at a preschooler age, and continue to dive deeper into it as he grew up.

 

On lonely days like this, did she ever regret it?

 

Well, as for me; I had known that this was coming the moment Junkyu had told me that he had made it into YG Entertainment. Which was why I hadn’t been completely thrilled about the news.

 

“Jinny, I got accepted! I got ACCEPTED, isn’t that crazy? I’m a YG TRAINEE! WOAH! Y-You should join me, Jinny, we can be trainees together! You can sing and dance too— ahhh you should have signed up for the audition...”

 

My answer wasn’t anything surprising, though. Thankfully at the age of 14, I was already aware of what he was getting himself into – no normal youth, no freedom, no love life – that just sounded like a nightmare to me, a normal teenager back then.

 

“No, thanks, Kyu. I’m not about that life.”

 

There was a period in his trainee life when he started showing emo kid symptoms, when his clothes were all black and his hair was the undescribable kind of weird, and I thought, we’ve lost him. Goodbye, normal Kim Junkyu.

 

But now, back to the time when I was watching him on TV, I could only feel proud seeing his cheerful self on stage. It was hard not to admit that he had grown into a shining, happy handsome man.

 

The thing is, it didn’t feel like he was a close part of our lives anymore – mine and his parents’. So it just felt like watching my favorite idol in general.

 

The performance ended and we both sighed with a helpless smile. That was less than four minutes of watching him live.

 

“Tomorrow,” mom said, and I grimaced knowing where it was heading to. “Will he come home tomorrow?”

 

The said tomorrow was May 8, the Parents’ Day here in South Korea. I wasn’t sure if that day was special enough for YG to let the boys take a break and spend time with their parents – I guessed not.

 

They had fansigns to deal with for this comeback after all.

 

Nonetheless, I answered, “Let’s call him in a bit and ask him. How about that, Mom?”

 

“Won’t he be too busy to answer the call?” Mom pouted adorably. She was a cute mother, just like her son.

 

But it was NOT cute of him to not call at all for a whole week.

 

After half an hour, assuming he was done wrapping up at the music show, we dialed his number with mom’s phone. We tried multiple times in a span of two hours, but just like the usual… there were no answers.

 

Mom decided to leave to the kitchen dejectedly.

 

This guy. I huffed and rolled my eyes in annoyance. “Might as well just scold him.” Punching on the keypad with my thumbs rapidly, I sent some pissed texts to Junkyu.

 

“Hey pine tree, are you really too busy to even talk to your mom for a minute?”

“How could you ignore all 15 calls from us??”

“Your mom just wanted to know if you could come home tomorrow, because”

“You know what day it is tomorrow?”

It’s the PARENTS’ DAY.”

“You’d better call back and apologize to your mom, Kim Junkyu, or I’ll barge into YG’s building and make an ugly mess.”

“I’ll make sure they know you’re the cause of it.”

 

I tossed my phone onto the sofa and left to help mom cook dinner in the kitchen. Junkyu’s dad was about to come home any minute then.

 

“Has he answered the call?” Mom asked.

 

“Not yet… but I made sure he would call back.” An evil smirk secretly played on my face.

 

“Oh! Thank you, Jinny. You’re a really good girl.”

 

I most definitely am.

 

It wasn’t more than fifteen minutes later when my phone in the living room started chanting, “Katalk! Katalk! Katalk! Katalk!” in continuous notification ringtones that wouldn’t stop until I ran to it and opened the messages. As expected, those were panic texts from Junkyu, with typos sprinkled here and there. He continued to spam me even after I had opened the texts.

 

“JINNY!!”

“I’M SOREY”

“I’m sorry my phone was with the sraff I took it back just now”

“I can’t call”

“We’re out habing dinner it’s Yedamie’s bday”

“It’s loud here”

“Nooo you misunderztand!”

“It’s not that I don’t wanna call”

“It’s because it’s noisy here”

“I promisw I will call later! ㅠㅠ

“Pls tell mom I’m sorry”

“and don’t come to YG”

“aahh I mean”

“Long time no see, I’m still your friend right?”

“Pls don’t make a mess at YG”

“Jinny?”

“Are you rrally going there?? ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

“I’m not even there!”

“Please reply :(”

“Choi Jinhee”

“Jinny”

“Jinny”

“J”

“I”

“N”

“Y”

 

I sighed exasperatedly and slapped my own forehead. I couldn’t believe this guy.

 

“You forgot one ‘N’,” I cut his spam attack, rolling my eyes.

“I won’t go there if you call your mom and apologize.”

“You haven’t called for a whole week! Don’t you care about what’s going on here?”

“She’s been missing you, be a caring son for once and give her some time.”

 

He sent a short reply, “I’m so sorry ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

 

“Do you have time tomorrow?” I asked.

 

It took nearly five minutes until he replied, “We have a fansign in the morning and a filming, afternoon-evening… but I’ll come up with a plan, promise! Are you staying? Let’s have a vcall tonight with mom and dad. At 10?”

 

I could say I was impressed when Junkyu actually made a video call that night from his group’s dorm – just that it was a few minutes before midnight, not 10 PM like he said. He looked quite presentable in his old koala pajamas, with his messy black hair split up in the middle like an old broom.

 

“Hi Mom, Dad, Jinny.” Junkyu waved and gave a tired smile. His mother teared up immediately at the sight of him.

 

“Junkyu, how have you been? You look so tired, baby.” She smiled, but her tears wouldn’t stop coming out. It was so painful to see. I took her into my embrace and rubbed her frail shoulder to calm her down, and she let out a small chuckle as she wiped her tears away.

 

“Mom, please don’t cry. I’m sorry.” Junkyu bowed his head and blinked back his tears. “I-I’ve been doing well, Mom. We’ve won twice this comeback. Did you watch me today?”

 

“Yes,” Mom nodded and smiled, “yes, I did. I watched together with Jinny. She’s been spending a lot of time here to accompany me. I’m happy, I’ve also been well with her around, but I feel bad for her mother because she’s more often here than at home.”

 

“Ah no, it’s okay, she has two more daughters at home.” I laughed to ease the mood. But really, my mom would never feel lonely with my two loud big sisters at home. I’m pretty confident to say that I was the only normal daughter in the house.

 

“Thanks, Jinny.” Junkyu’s smile looked apologetic. “Thanks for taking care of my mom when I can’t.”

 

I  nodded and gave a sincere smile. The guilt in his voice truly reflected how sorry he was; it was enough to know he stilll cared about his family.

 

“Don’t overwork yourself, son,” his father said. “Rest as much as you can, and try to call us in your free time. We’re proud of you, but remember, no matter how successful you are you’re still our son. You can come home when it gets a bit tough.”

 

“You’re a star out there, but at home you’re just our baby.” Mom’s vulnerable voice made me have to look away to blink back my tears, and when I looked back at the phone screen, finally I noticed that Junkyu was crying. He wiped his tears away hastily and ran his fingers through his hair.

 

“I will,” his voice cracked, “I will try my best to see you tomorrow. I’m sorry… Thank you, Mom, Dad. I love you.”

 

“We love you too, dear.” Mom kissed two of her fingers and brought them to the phone’s front camera, sending the little kiss to her son.

 

“It’s 12 AM... Happy Parents’ day, Mom and Dad.” Junkyu made a big heart with his arms and flashed a big, tired smile.

 

After the video call had ended and Junkyu’s parents had gone to bed, I took my time thinking if I should call my own parents.

 

It’s late, they must be asleep already.

 

I opted to send a quick “Happy parents’ day” text before going to bed in the guest room that had become like my own bedroom.

 

But before I could even close my eyes, my phone screen lit up showing another unexpected video call.

 

“Junkyu?” I frowned at the screen before answering the call.

 

“Jinny, are you alone?”

 

Junkyu was also in bed, holding his phone so close to his face. Yet I could barely see that face because of how dark it was, and he was almost whispering – a sign that the boys there had gone to sleep as well.

 

“Yes, your parents have gone to sleep. Is something wrong?” I asked.

 

“Um…” He blinked multiple times, sorting out his words. “Do you have any plans with your parents tomorrow?”

 

“Nothing much, I’m just going to treat them to a nice dinner.” Then I remembered his parents. “I was planning on inviting your parents, if you can’t spend time with them. They’re like my own parents too, you know?”

 

Junkyu’s sleepy eyes widened. “Y-You’d do that? Take my parents out too?”

 

A hint of disappointment arose in me. Does this mean he won’t come? I thought. “Yeah, of course. If you’re really that busy.”

 

Junkyu chewed on his bottom lip, anxious for an unknown reason. “I can’t promise, but… Where is the dinner?”

 

I ended up telling him the details of my plan without even knowing if he would even come at all.

 

Suddenly he said, “I-I have to go now. Thanks again, Jinny.” He smiled softly at me, the same smile that hadn’t changed through the years. “I’m thankful to have you. Let’s meet soon, I k-kinda missed you.”

 

I chuckled at his little stammering. “Sure, pine tree. I missed you too. Don’t do anything funny now, you’ve got a busy day ahead.”

 

“Goodnight, Jinny~”

 

He waved and grinned before ending the call, leaving me wondering to myself what he was about to do.

 


 

“We’ll be done at 9 PM, I think I won’t make it… I’m so sorry. ㅜㅜㅜㅜ

 

I sighed as I turned the steering wheel and entered a quiet neighborhood. Next to me in the front passenger seat was my dad reading news on his phone, in the middle seat was my smiley mom, and in the back seat were my two big sisters, busy fangirling over pictures of a particular K-pop boy group. We were all dressed nicely for our dinner at a family restaurant – it was my uncle’s, a nice one where we could have a private space for ourselves. My sisters and I were wearing similar short sleeveless black dresses – the oldest just loved to match our clothes because we basically looked like triplets with similar faces and heights.

 

“Gosh, Watanabe Haruto! Gaaahh! look at him, he’s so handsome it’s insane,” Jiyeon, my second sister, choked  out a fake ugly sob. “Which planet is he from? Why does he have to be six years younger than me?”

 

“Well Junghwan is eight years younger than me, are you still going to complain?” Jieun, the oldest, also made an equally ugly sob.

 

“It’s not like you have a chance even if you’re the same age,” I muttered.

 

“Hey, we heard that!” Jiyeon yelled from the back. “Psh, this kid is all cocky because she’s friends with Kim Junkyu.”

 

“Yeah, and I wonder why they’re only friends after all those years,” Jieun added.

 

“They could be hiding something, unnie,” Jiyeon said. I rolled my eyes.

 

“Girls, enough.” My mom chuckled, easily shutting them up. Mother knows best.

 

I pulled over in front of a particular house, and a middle-aged couple came out right away.

 

“Hello Mom, Dad,” I greeted Junkyu’s parents with my best smile and opened the car’s door for them, letting them sit with my mom in the middle seat. They and my family greeted one another cheerfully like the old friends they were.

 

“Thank you for inviting us,” Junkyu’s mother thanked us with an uneasy smile. “Junkyu has a busy schedule today and his brother is away on a business trip.”

 

“Oh, don’t feel uneasy, you’re also our family!” My mom chuckled and hugged the slightly younger woman.

 

“But still, we hope we’re not interrupting your family time,” said Junkyu’s father.

 

“Not at all.” My father beamed. “We have a lot to catch up.”

 

And so, we drove off to our destination – the restaurant. Somewhere on the way, I got a text message from Junkyu.

 

“Jinny, are my mom and dad with you already?”

 

I took the chance to reply him when we stopped at a red light. “Yes, are you still not gonna come?”

 

He replied, “We’re not done filming yet. :( I wanna come, really ㅜㅜㅜㅜ

 

It made me think, that means the other boys can’t go home and meet their parents too today. That company doesn’t know what gratitude is.

 

“It’s ok, Kyu. Come home whenever you can, not just on a special day.” I put my phone away and continued to drive.

 

As soon as we arrived at the restaurant, a waitress recognized us immediately and greeted us with a bright smile. She led us to the elevator and up to a private room on the third floor, where there were no other customers. It was a VIP room that would usually be used for special events – you could tell from the stage, music instruments and sound systems in place, as well as some pretty some flower arrangements that seemed to have been prepared beforehand for an upcoming event. The floor was covered by black carpets, contrasting to the white tables and chairs, and hanging on the ceiling were beautiful warm white crystal lamps. The atmosphere was cozy with a soft music playing in the background.

 

We sat at a big round table in the middle of the room and ordered our food, had a fun talk and later ate together in a happy atmosphere, and talked some more, and ate some more. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, but it wasn’t noticeable to me how Junkyu’s parents would give a distant smile every now and then. I would also sneakily check my phone from time to time, to see if Junkyu had replied my text, just to get disappointed every time.

 

“Hey Jinhee, go up there and sing something!” Jiyeon said, pointing at the stage. “It’s the Parents’ day, sing a nice song for parents.”

 

I was about to mentally grumble about how my sisters always told me to do things they could do themselves – they could sing too – just because I was the youngest, but then I knew I should do something nice to cheer Junkyu’s parents up. And it wouldn’t hurt to sing for my own parents too, right? So with a waiter’s help I set up my impromptu stage, sitting in a chair in the middle of the stage, with a microphone stand in front of me and a guitar in my lap.

 

A perfect song came into mind – a song that once had gotten me crying at a concert.

 

“This song is for two pairs of the best parents in the world,” I said, grinning at my parents and Junkyu’s, making them laugh shyly.

 

“Cheesy!” Jiyeon yelled.

 

“It’s true. Moms and Dads, thank you, I love you.” I smiled and looked at each of them in the eyes as I began to strum the guitar and sing softly.

 

“When I couldn’t find a place to stand
When I lost my way in a storm
Those who have always given me unchanging love and courage,
I send my gratitude to them

Sometimes I felt like I was alone
For you to see my old self who cried a lot,

How painful and hard it must have been for you
Now I think I can understand


Until my life ends, until this world ends
We will be together forever…”

 

(SMTOWN – Dear my Family)

 

The sight of Junkyu’s mom tearing up tugged at my heartstrings and squeezed the content of my chest – I knew she was missing her son, and I wished he was there to sing for her instead of me… because he was the only one who could heal that longing.

 

“Like how small hearts join together to become a big strength,
I believe that we are one
Let's make happiness together

Till the day when we become the light in the barren world

I love you…”

 

I finished the song with a helpless loving smile. My small audience gave a round of applause as I stood up and bowed, wrapping up my short performance.

 

“Please be happy,” I said to Junkyu’s mom from the stage.

 

Suddenly a very familiar, unique male singing voice came from the entrance of the room, surprising all of us. My sisters gawked like a pair of dead fish.

 

“Your heart must have been broken so many times
You must've been crying so many times

You hate letting your weak side show
When everything got rough..."

 

“Oh, my Junkyu!”

 

Junkyu’s mother clasped her hand over and began to cry at the unexpected sight of her son that she hadn’t seen for months, looking so handsome and angelic in an all-white outfit – white button-up shirt and white trousers. Slowly he walked closer as he sang with a microphone in his right hand, a bouquet of pink and white flowers in his left, and a black paper bag hanging on his wrist.

 

It was a sweet song he was singing; Wanna One’s Pine Tree.

 

This guy… Did he plan this? I couldn’t help but chuckle and shook my head. He glanced at me and motioned his hand signaling me to continue playing the guitar. So I did.

 

“You’d hate it, I also hate my immature self
I wish back then I had known what I know now

The wind is cold, isn’t it?
I come to miss your embrace a little
Even though you said I’ve grown up
The world is yet too cold

I think I know now, why your shoulders got smaller
Please don’t worry, you did such a good job
You can rest for a while...”

 

Junkyu continued to sing as he hugged his father and kissed his mother’s cheek, giving her the beautiful flowers before wrapping his arm around her narrow shoulders and turning her to see another surprise – a video projected on the screen above the stage, showing old childhood pictures of him; the many things he had been through since he was a toddler till he grew into a teenager, from a child model to an idol, with his mom always by his side. A big smile grew on his lips as he leaned his head on his crying mother’s and continued to sing.

 

“I’m sorry, it seems like I’m starting to grow up a bit now
Looking at you, who had given up everything to look after me
‘I love you’ – the words I can’t even say for once
I’ll say it through this song
Lean on me now, I’ll be the tree that resembles your love for me

Your spring that you’ve given up
Trying to attach wings to my dream
Embracing me, protecting me from the harsh snowstorm
And the shaking winter
I remember everything, I remember everything

How much have you been hurting?
What in the world did I say while leaving you?
When you've taken care of me
You gave me everything, and I grew up with your tears..."

 

The short video ended and Junkyu turned to wipe his mother’s tears away, while he himself struggled to blink back his tears. Continuing to sing softly without the microphone, he took out a pretty red carnation flower from the paper bag and put it on his mother’s chest – a tradition we did on Parents’ day. He did the same to his father.

 

“Cry as much as you want, I’ll do it now
The shade of the green pine tree that protects me

For four seasons, always
I’m so sorry to even say thank you
I’m the only one for which you’ve ever lived for
I’ll repay you for your love…”

 

The idol kissed his mother’s hand and slowly kneeled down on one knee, as if he was going to propose. I could faintly hear my sisters’ restrained squeals – they were so embarrassing – but all I had in my blurry, teary view was the man I was very proud of.

 

Junkyu closed his eyes and rested his cheek on the back of his mother’s hand as he finished the song in a soft, soothing falsetto.

 

“I miss you – the words I can’t even say for once
I’ll say it through this song
Lean on me now, I’ll be the tree that resembles your love for me.”

 

I didn’t stop my fingers from dancing on the strings of the guitar as I watched Junkyu stand up and put something around his mom’s neck – a beautiful white gold necklace.

 

“Do you like it, Mom?” Junkyu held the small woman’s shoulders and smiled his usual koala-like smile.

 

“Yes, yes, I love it so much… Thank you so much, dear.” His mother sniffled and chuckled before hugging him and kissing him on the cheek, and he gave her a kiss on the forehead in return, making my sisters squeal once again.

 

Junkyu also got another gift for his father – an expensive-looking watch. I couldn’t help but think that he had really grown so successful to be able to afford such costly gifts.

 

It wasn’t to be questioned knowing how popular Treasure  13 was; a two-year-old group who had had an international tour, selling out everywhere, and self-producing famous songs – the true definition of a rookie monster. Words couldn’t explain how proud I was of them.

 

“Uh… I’m awkward with words, but I want to thank you sincerely.” Junkyu laughed awkwardly. “Mom, Dad, thank you. I’m where I am now because of you. You understood what I wanted in my life, you still do, and you’ve helped me achieve my dream. You… You attached wings to my dream so it could fly. Thank you for never getting tired of supporting me and taking care of me. Now that I’m finally living my dream, I’m sorry that oftentimes I forget about you. I’m… I’m sorry if I can’t be there when you miss me. But when I think of you, I start to miss you and I become afraid thinking of you growing old. Please don’t grow old too fast, because I’ll always need you. Please stay and watch me make you even prouder. I love you, Mom, Dad.”

 

“That’s it, I’m bias-wrecked,” Jiyeon whispered and sobbed quietly. “I’m so sorry, Haruto, I still love you with all my heart.”

 

“I-I’m a loyal Junghwan stan,” Jieun stuttered.

 

Later, when we were leaving the room to go home, Junkyu held me back and waited until the others had entered the elevator to go down. He had a nervous smile playing on his thin lips when he pulled me to the corner.

 

“Have something to explain?” I chuckled. “You said you couldn’t come.”

 

“I thought I couldn’t, but I finished filming my part earlier and manager hyung kindly drove me here. He’s still around, to drive me back to the dorm.”

 

“That’s nice of him.” I nodded. At least then I knew there was one caring person in that company. “Are you leaving now?”

 

“Uh…” Junkyu shoved his hands into his pockets and shifted restlessly, his pretty eyes blinking multiple times, looking like he was contemplating to say something. “I-It’s nice to see you again, Jinny. I-I mean it’s nice to see an old friend again after a long time.” He grinned. “You’ve… grown up a bit.”

 

“Oh? It’s only been four months.” I laughed. “I’m still the same. You’re the one who has grown up a lot, pine tree.”

 

He stepped closer and I had to tilt my head back to look at his face. This guy was so big, I felt like I was only half the width of his broad shoulders.

 

“I missed you calling me that,” he said.

 

“Pine tree,” I said again, and we giggled together. “Anyways,” I cleared my throat, “I appreciate your effort today. I’m—I’m proud of you, Kim Junkyu.”

 

We stared at each other in a rather awkward silence for what seemed like forever until suddenly he shocked me with his dolphin laugh. He laughed even louder noticing how I jumped a little in surprise.

 

“Don’t laugh.” I smiled bashfully.

 

My breath got caught in my throat and my eyes nearly jumped out their sockets when suddenly Junkyu enveloped me in his arms and squeezed the air out of me – he was hugging me, after months we hadn’t met in person. It felt like something new all over again.

 

Boy, didn’t he smell sooo nice. He had always smellled nice, that perfume boy. His scent was manly yet soft and soothing.

 

“I wouldn’t know what to do without you.”

 

The next thing that he said got me baffled.

 

“Sometimes I feel like I’ve found the right person. Right for me and my parents. If I weren’t an idol, maybe things would have been a bit different between us.”

 

He pulled back and flashed an innocent grin, like he hadn’t just thrown me into the dark with his ambiguous statement.

 

“Let’s go home, Jinny.”

 

Because I was still freezing on my spot, he held my wrist gently and pulled me to the elevator, snickering like a little boy. For a minute there I forgot that he was an idol.

 

Yes, if only he hadn’t been an idol…

 

Maybe things would have been a bit different.

 

At that moment, I realized that the old little sparks between us that I had killed years ago were threatening to come back to life.

 

I’m screwed.

 


 

A/N: So that was the Parents’ Day special one shot, it ends there and I hope you enjoyed it! It was much shorter than the previous stories, wasn’t it? :)) I’ve been listening to Pine Tree, I think it’d sound really nice if Junkyu sings it ♡

 

Now this time the next update will be the Mashihoon story I mentioned, please look forward to it! It’s a summer story that takes place in Bali, but it’s a different AU and the boys aren’t idols there. Also there may be a short appearance of an ex-YG trainee, guess who? It’s Noa Kazama yaaay *applause*

 

If you see the description on the front page, I listed down the stories I’m going to write next. I’ve also prepared an angsty Haruto+OC draft, as well as another Junkyu+OC story which I expect to be all cute and fluffy x)

 

But I may take some time until I update again because I really need to start focusing on my thesis before I run out of time lmao

 

Thank you for reading and subscribing to my stories! ♡♡