What is it that you hate so much about me ?

We Found Each Other

Jungeun’s POV :

 

“What a ty day !” Sooyoung’s growl followed by the slamming of a door makes me jump up in my bed. When she takes notice of my slumped down form, a full spoon of ice cream in hand, she frowns.
“ty day for you too ?” She chuckles as she lets herself fall on my bed, looking up to me.

“Who starts ?” She takes the ice cream pot from my hand.

I proceed to get out of my bed, “ You might need a spoon-”

“ No need.” She dips her index finger into the pot, grinning at me.

“Gross.” I fall down onto the bed as she lays back down next to me.

“ So what made you all down ?” She asks after some time, turning on her side to see me.

“I’m just so awkward...” I sigh, turning my body to face her, my cheek resting on my hands.

She’s frowning at me, I can see she wants to laugh.
“I forgot my jacket at the library and this girl followed me to give it back...” her eyes light up in interest as I explain.

I lay on my back again, staring at the ceiling, “And instead of thanking her and maybe sympathize with her...I ran away.”

“What ?” She guffaws, “Why’d you ran away for ? She scared you ?” She hands me back the ice cream pot as I eat a full spoon of it.

“ I kinda gay-panicked I guess...” I laugh nervously as she rolls on her tummy to stare at me.
“ But...you’re gay ?” her eyes are wide in curiosity.

I can’t help but chuckle, shrugging, “I’m not, that’s the thing.”

I stare into the distance, her face replaying in my mind.

“She just looked so...-” “ Hot ?” She cuts me off, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

“No, more like...-” “ y ?” She sits cross-legged.

“Jesus stop interrupting me !” I hit her shoulder, glaring at her.
“That’s y, right ? She was so y you gay-panicked ?” She makes both her index fingers touch, smirking.

“No !” I swat her hand away, breaking her disturbing pose.
“She just looked so out of this world, like super ing intimidating.” I sigh, standing up.

“Hmm, she really made a big impression on you huh ?” She teases.

“ I swear to god-” I hit her in the head with a pillow as she sprawls herself on the bed with a grunt.

“Stop being dramatic.” I scoff, throwing the empty pot in the trashcan.

 

“You could at least ask me why I am so down...” She whines. I didn’t know she could be this childish.

I burst out laughing, jumping on the bed, “ Alright, what’s up with you ?”

Her face immediately falls,“...There’s this girl I like...and I’m pretty sure she’s dating someone already.”

She sighs, jumping out of the bed, “ this , I'm gonna need a drink.”

She opens the fridge, the light letting me see her concerned face.

“Alright ! We need alcohol, like right now !” she slams the door’s fridge before taking a hold of a coat.
She turns towards me as she’s about to leave out the door, “'You coming ?”

 

Flashback :

 

Sooyoung’s POV :

 

I’m walking down the corridor when my eyes spot a familiar red head, my heart jumps in my chest as she’s just standing there, in front of her locker. Yes, that’s how much power Kim Jiwoo has on me.

However, my smile drops when her locker’s door is shut surprisingly, a grinning black-haired girl appearing next to her. I don’t want to face the truth but they looked like a couple, I walk away as I don’t want to hear their conversation, “Hey babe.” Why did I have to hear it ?

 

End of Flashback :

 

Jinsol’s POV :

 

I find myself back into the same place, the same section, taking a hold of the same bottle as last time. These days, it had been helping sugarcoating some struggles.

I need to be careful not to fall into a deeper pit though, I think to myself as I drop money on the counter.

“I’ll see you in a bit, I need some fresh air.” I hear a voice in the distance as the wind hits my face. Sorry, not in the mood to hold the door for anyone.

I swing the bottle in my hand, a smile on my face. No. don’t do it.

I turn on my heels, speeding towards the store again as a ray of reason flashes in my mind.

“Not today folks.” I sing-song in victory as I pull on the handle with all my might. However, it doesn't move an inch.

What the .

I pull on it again as I look up, my blood curling. There is someone on the other side, doing the same thing.

Why does she look like this though ? Do I look that hideous ?

Oh.

Something flashes in my brain, that’s the girl from the library, the one who ran away from me twice already.

I want to smile at her but she looks so tense I can’t even find the strength and will to do it. She keeps pulling on the door like a mad person but it doesn’t budge.

“What-” I read on her lips as I knock on the glass door, pointing at a particular spot on the door. The push sign.

Her eyes grow big before I’m pushed backwards, nearly falling on the concrete.

Well if she is gentle-

She speed walks past me, not even sparing me a glance as I notice her flaming red cheeks.

“Going to run away again huh?” I laugh as I stare at her back.

Another girl walks out of the store, a bottle in her hand as she looks around frantically.

 I stop her as she reaches up to where I’m standing, handling her my vodka, “Here, you’re gonna need this more than I do.”

She stares blankly at the bottle, before looking up into my eyes, a faint smile plastered on her face, “well, thank you...I gotta go.” She grabs the bottle awkwardly before jogging into the direction where the girl from before went.

“Jungeun ? Jungeun ?!” I can hear her call out.

So Jungeun’s her name.

What is it that this Jungeun hates so much about me ?

 

Jungeun’s POV :

 

“Oh my god stop running !” Sooyoung pleads as she tries to keep up with me, I comply and stop behind a wall, next to the campus’ entrance.

“What’s wrong with you ?! Do you want to drink that badly ?” She bends over, one palm on her thigh, the alcohol under her other arm as she breathes erratically.

“You need to hide that before we go in...” I voice out, warily looking around. She seems too exhausted to say anything as I pay more attention to her.

Why is there two bottles ?

“Didn’t you buy only one bottle ? What’s this ?” I ask, taking a hold of the unfamiliar alcoholic beverage.

“Well, if you weren’t so busy running around for absolutely no reason...you would have noticed a blond girl actually gave it to me.” She shrugs, putting the first bottle into her backpack as my eyes widen.

“A blond girl ? Like bleached-out hair ?” I ask, my mouth dry.

She freezes, staring at me before nodding, “Why ?”

“ Sooyoung I was running away because of this girl ! That’s the jacket girl !” I yell exasperatedly.

“What ?” The shock on her face is obvious. She seems to think for a moment before she gasps, her eyes looking back at me.

“THAT’S THE INTIMIDATING GIRL ??!” hangs open as I hush her to reduce the volume.

I’m about to say something but she snatches the other bottle from my grip, “ She’s super sweet and may I add drop dead gorgeous, who in their right mind would run away from her ??” She rants, hanging the bag to her shoulder, obviously frustrated by my behavior.

“Look, I already made a fool of myself twice in front of her, and with just now, thrice ! In the same day !” I glare at her.

“So I’d just like to not walk into her ever again, it should be possible right ?” I huff out, walking off.

She’ll follow if she wants to.

“Pff whatever, it’s just an excuse, I’m sure she doesn’t care.” I hear her grumble behind me before her footsteps get closer, indicating that indeed, she followed.

 

Is it really an excuse ? Why does she make me lose my temper so easily ?