A piece of cake ?

We Found Each Other

Jungeun's POV : 

"Where the hell is the secretary office? ", I mumble as I finally manage to escape the flood of students.

"That wouldn't be a bad idea to actually put some signs out there", I complain.

" I can bring you there", I freeze in my spot. I thought I was alone, but on my right is sitting a bubbly-looking girl.

What a way to make a fool of mys-

"What a way to make a fool of yourself ?", she smiles, walking up to me.

What the

I can only stare at her, dumbfounded, "It's alright, we all went through this at some time", she assures.

"I'm Jiwoo", she offers a handshake, " my friends call me Chuu, maybe we can wait a bit for that", she chuckles, her hand still in the air.

I clumsily shake her hand, "Sure, I'm Jungeun and I don't have any friends here yet", I joke.

She beams, retrieving her hand, "you're funny".

I feel my cheeks heat up in embarrassment at my cheap display of humor.

"So... I assume you're new ?", She changes the subject, probably noticing my slight discomfort.

She is that nice.

"I just transferred here yeah", I look around, still bothered about the secretary office.

"Oh ! you're looking for the secretary office right ?", She stares at me with her wide round eyes.

" Perhaps do you read minds ?", I genuinely ask making her giggle.

She is literally shining, her friends must love being around her.

"I wish, I'm really observant I guess", she shrugs. What a perfect friend.

"So let's head there then ?", she suggests, already taking off.

"Sure", I follow closely behind her, honestly afraid of getting lost.

She makes little conservation on our way there. She is that talkative yeah, not that I mind.

" Are you going to share a dorm with someone ?", she makes a left turn.

" I think yeah, I didn't meet them yet though", she hums in response, her pace slowing so she is walking just ahead of me.

"Hope you guys will get along", she genuinely adds, "you can come to me if they upset you", she bumps my shoulder lightly, a corny smile on her face,

" I may not look like it but I'm strong". I smile back, looking at my feet, "alright, thanks"

"And we're here", she stops us in front of a typical brown door.

"Just knock and enter, they don' bite", she reassures me seeing my tense expression. I can't help a chuckle from escaping my lips, nodding.

"Thank you, really", I turn towards her, genuinely appreciating her help.
 

"Don't mention it", she grins, "we're friends now, friends got each other's back right ?", I nod, the corners of my lips lifting.

She checks her watch swiftly, sighing, "I have a class in about 5 minutes...I'll see you around ?"

"Sure", I smile, waving as she takes off.

I spin on my feet, knocking three times.

+++

Thanks to the campus map the very polite lady gave me, I can now perfectly find my dorm by myself. I wander my way around the campus, looking for the dorm area B.

Alright, this is it.

I'm standing in front of what is supposed to be my dorm, I finally made it after handling some stares from curious students. It's not like they don't see new faces every now and then in those kind of campus right ? I think to myself.

Well maybe my current all-black outfit didn't help me blend into the crowd.

Refocusing my thoughts, I take a deep breath, getting ready to meet my roommate.

As it is still relatively early, I assume the door must be locked, fumbling in my pocket to find the keys.

"A piece of cake", I mumble as I push the door open.

I didn't expect my first meeting with my roommate to be like that, by like that, I mean, to see her bra before her face.

"H-Hello ?", I clear my throat, gaining her attention as she was busy drying her hair with a towel.

"Oh My God What The !", she squeals, eyes wide. We stare at each other for a split second, her trying to hide her bra with her forearm.

I turn around in a blink of an eye when I feel her at a second away from saying 'do you mind ?'

"S-sorry for walking on you like...that, I'm your new roommate, Jungeun", I can't help but clear my throat, feeling heat creeping up my neck.

"Oh, right, no it's alright you couldn't know", I assume she relaxed a bit as her tone doesn't sound too cold.

"Can I turn around now ?", I break the awkward silence, I'd honestly like to know how she looks like, and talking to a wall isn't that great.

"Oh right ! Hold on for a sec !" I hear her pace in the room and fumble around.

"You can turn around now", I do as she says, watching her plop herself onto her bed.

"Oh make yourself comfortable", she smiles lightly, going back to drying her hair.

I push my suicase on the side of the hall, walking her way.

"I'm Sooyoung", she finally speaks as I take a seat on the bed in front of her.

" I know", I blurt out without thinking, my eyes widening and Sooyoung's too.

"I mean, it's written on there", I explain myself, holding the paper up.

I see her shoulders relax as she chuckles, "right, it's not like you're a stalker".

I put on a serious face, "Sorry but...who are you ?", I ask sarcastically, making her burst into laugter.

"I think we're going to really get along", she comments truthfully after regaigning her calm, making me smile.

+++

After minutes of chatting and getting to know each other, Sooyoung has to head off to a class, "you're sure you don't have anything now ? That's weird", she frowns.
 

"I'll just go to the library I guess", I chuckle, sprawled on my bed, noticing the bitterness in her tone. " Alright, don't get lost on your way", I hear her say before I hear the door close behind her.

"She's kinda odd", I whisper to myself, amused, as I prop myself on my feet to look around the dorm.

I quickly lose interest in looking around, the bathroom and small kitchen being standard but effective.

I grab a jacket from my suitcase as I remember I felt a bit chilly reaching the dorm earlier. I also don't forget the really helpful plan, my phone and my keys, locking the door behind me.

+++

Fifteen minutes to find the library, I guess it could have been worse, I put my phone on silent as I catch a glimpse of the bright red 'phone on silent' sign perched on the library's door.

Alright, let's just not make a fool of yourself this time, I motivate myself. If I want to make friends, I can't behave as weird as this morning, the fact that Jiwoo actually appreciated me was only a of luck. I take a deep breath, pushing the doors open. 

Let's socialize.

 

A/N : Welcome ! You've successfully read the first chapter of my fanfiction. I am seriously so excited for this, I already have so many ideas of what could happen in   the next chapters. I'd be happy to meet many Orbits on here, so don't hesitate to leave a feedback or anything ;)