Four

Good One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything happened so fast, like being swept in a whirlwind less the romance part, Taeyeon and Jessica's marriage arrangement was for both families win and convenience. They met around a month ago to count, has registered their marriage less than twenty-four hours ago, and now here they are having breakfast, casually sitting and sipping coffee in downtown city centre of Sydney.

"Earth to Taeyeon?"

"Huh?" Mind still up on the clouds, Taeyeon takes a little bit time to process what transpired overnight, as Jessica sits giggling at the other woman. She finds it funny how the mostly composed Taeyeon who by far she knows for the month or so they've met likes to keep tabs on everything going on is so out of it. Must be the jetlag.

Taeyeon composes herself as she sips on her freshly brewed coffee. It's nothing compared to her personally brewed coffee taken every morning before going to the office, but it works. She thinks about what's left to be done; there's the business side they need to settle here in Australia, a plan of expansion and to setup a headquarters in Sydney for Kim Motor Trades. They have to go through and settle the legalities concerning the setup, which is mostly taken care of the two lawyers from the Jung Law Firm that accompanied them on this trip. Taeyeon will only need to sign the documents after final review.

Jessica taps her elegant fingers on the fancy table as she waits for Taeyeon to come back to her senses. "You know, almost everything concerning this marriage are put to place by our families, even the wedding ceremony. I'm meaning to ask you about our living arrangements once we go back to Seoul. Technically we're married now."

Taeyeon ponders. Ah, she really is married now and must consider a new living arrangement to share with Jessica.

"Well, for the meantime we can get an apartment located near your university and along the way to my office. It'd be awkward for any of us to stick around our parents' house, dont you think?" Taeyeon laughs a little bit, and Jessica joins her like sharing an inside joke. They're both old enough to live independently, but also coming from very rich families owning enormous houses that can house fifty or so people they never really thought of moving out of their parents place. "And we agreed to get to know each other, I think it's an ideal setup. I'll get us a place and we'll work on how the arrangement would be. We both want our respective personal spaces, I believe. I'm mostly flying in and out of the country for business, and you're on your final year in Law School which I presume you're also in a hectic schedule as I am." Taeyeon regards, recalling the times they met where Jessica looks dead tired, carrying heavy law books.

Jessica stares, before her lips curves up into a smile of amusement. "We really are doing this. No backing out now that we've registered huh. We're not going to try and contest the marriage registration are we?"

Taeyeon got confused, a bit. "Huh? What made you think we'd do that?"

"Well nothing really, it's just a passing thought. Not that I'm a big fan of romance but I've always thought I'd get married like how most people does. Fall in love, get married that kind of mushy stuff." Jessica grimaces, she sounds hopeless romantic bringing that up.

And Taeyeon laughs a bit more at Jessica's random display of peculiarity. For a woman who was raised in a cunning world of money, business and law, conventional marriage arrangements shouldn't come as a surprise. But here she has Jessica, talking about romance. Jessica was truly something.

Jessica's forehead creased in to a frown at Taeyeon laughing at her openly. She arcs a perfect brow, annoyed and questioning "Why are you laughing at me?"

"Well, it's just that for a woman studying law, and coming from a family of lawyers who runs our country in terms of legal matters, I didn't take you to be into mushy stuff." Taeyeon sniggers.

She's frowned deeper, and Taeyeon finds her cute instead of intimidating. She's cute when she's annoyed.

"Besides, this is not something unsual for us. This is our reality, we both came from families who are no strangers to arrange marriage. I thought we're past this?" Taeyeon adds, smile coy.

"So..." Jessica lets the word linger. "... this is gonna be for real?"

"Yup, babe. We're for real." Taeyeon chuckles. Oh how the tables have turned. It's like it's now Jessica who's having a hard time having a grip on reality.

"I think I'm having some out of body experience for the past month until we're actually in this point. Ugh, I hate you!" Jessica fakes mad and scrunch her nose up.

With that Taeyeon couldn't hold her laughter and let's herself be, laughing like an ahjumma. She recalls how her mom told her she's going to like Jessica. It's still too early to tell, those casual dates didn't really prepare them enough for an arrangement of living together, but Taeyeon half agrees with her mom, she might just try and keep Jessica's company just for laughs.

 

-

 

"Jessica Jung Sooyeon, what the hell?! What's the meaning of this?!" like in a state of shock, her friend of ten years asked. Sooyoung is holding a fancy envelope which Jessica can only assume as invitation to her wedding ceremony to be held in three days. She just got back from Sydney and is still nursing a headache.

The invitations were sent out while she and Taeyeon were in Sydney, a bit late considering there's only three days. No one apart from their departmant head knows of it. She's swept with everything on a rush she had no time to talk to friends, let alone share this bit of information. But now everyone from her department knows what with how obnoxious Sooyoung speaks like a megaphone was permanently stuck in , bursting for everyone in the cafeteria to hear.

"I'm getting married." Jessica says, stating the obvious.

"I'm your best friend, am I not? Emphasis on the BEST! Yet you didn't tell me you're getting married?!" She spoke like it's the biggest breaking news ever. It's not. "On top of that, the wedding is in three day?! Three ing days?! Is this some kind of a rebound?"

Jessica laughs dryly. Everyone knows what transpired with her and Yuri. Confusion is evident in Sooyoung's eyes, questioning her. It's been over a month that everyone caught Yuri cheating on her, and here she is suddenly getting married. Actually, she's technically married already, but Sooyoung didn't have to know that. It's bad enough that she's having hysteria over the wedding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter