Eleven

Good One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shameless plug. I hope you check out my Campaigns for a Cause twitter account - @BeKindPH. I do donation drives for the less fortunates, this time still for a student with a heart disease. Hope you can share if you got any to spare, or help share it to others. It's my little joy in life to find help for them through my platforms. Details where to donate in bio. I'd appreciate the help. Thank you and be safe everyone!

 

I've been dragging fluff taengsic for a while now.

 

-

"Taengoo, are you still in the office?" phone tucked between her cheek and shoulder, Jessica rumages through her brown Hermès bag, searching for her office keys while on the phone with her wife. She's locking up for the day.

Having been through a series of meetings with the people from succesful startup companies they are taking in as clients, Jessica was left to her own sorting out the legal documents in her office while her best friend, Sooyoung already left way earlier that afternoon. They get interns as secretaries, and as much as she wants help, Jessica doesn't like keeping her intern stay as late as she does.

Even though they are both new associates in her father's law firm and they get the less tricky cases and clients, in the past eight months as lawyers, Sooyoung as a divorce lawyer has lesser clients and renders an even lesser overtimes than she does. Not to mention that Jessica has her family to impress, especially her father.

Then there's the pressure of having a baby, something her father, as subtle as he tries to be, jokes about with her whenever they get behind close doors for some father-daughter talks. Maybe it's time to talk things with Taeyeon, they're celebrating their second year anniversary tonight. Maybe now's the best time, and no other time.

She heard the keyboard tapping on the other line as Taeyeon answers. "Yes, but I'm just logging my computer out sunshine."

Lucky for her, her wife is working only two blocks away, so it won't be a long wait for her. They try to make it a point to go to work together, and Taeyeon picks her up after work. The only thing she looks forward to every end of the day. Easing in their routine is easy, working around work stress is not.

Jessica made her way out, walking to the direction of the elevators. "I've locked up and on my way down Taengoo."

A shuffling sound can be heard on the other end and a door closing. "I'm on my way down already and be there in fifteen minutes. Can you wait for me by the main entrace?" Taeyeon asks.

Jessica nods to the phone before something crossed her mind mid-nod. "Oh shoot! I forgot to make dinner reservations Taengoo." The past months proved to be too stressing for Jessica. Being heiresses to their respective companies, Jessica knows Taeyeon is the same, she doesn't want to exercise unnecessary privilege and prefers to work diligently- to a fault.

"Don't worry about it, sunshine." Taeyeon chuckles and responds. "I figured you did since you didn't text me asking what should we have for dinner. I hope seafood is fine? I made reservations. Remember that restaurant we visited before getting married?"

And maybe Jessica swoons, can Taeyeon be any less perfect for her? "That dinner when you proposed?" Jessica can almost feel the tears, she tries to hold it in. "Thank you Taengoo."

Taeyeon laughs. "You got it princess." but a voice interrupted her wife mid sentence, somebody asking where to file the newly arrived documents from the Marketing department.

Jessica waited for a bit while Taeyeon instructs from the other line. "You still haven't found a secretary to help with that?" she asks once Taeyeon gets back on the line with her.

Taeyeon exhales a deep breath. "I'm expecting a new secretary to get hired this week and to be start their two months onboarding training with my various VPs before they get assigned to me. I want my secretary to know the basic ins and outs of the vital departments before starting work with me. I trust my team and had HR do the interview and assessment after giving them my preference."

Jessica sighs in relief, feeling glad knowing her wife will have the help she needs soon, the past ones didn't seem to work quite well with Taeyeon's fast working pace and management style. "Did you tell them to hire someone who can speak English, and preferably with experience from foreign country like I suggested? You will deal with a lot of foreign investors and international relations." Her mind is starting to reel with ideas about international trades and policies.

She hears Taeyeon chuckles and the sound of a car door closing. "Yes I did, sweetheart. I got all your suggestions on that list and hopefully my HR team was able to find someone who checked all the boxes. Now, I'm already in the car, so I'm hanging up. I'll see you in a bit sunshine."

Jessica hangs up just in time to greet the utility personnel starting to clean up the first floor. She heads to the building's main entrance, looking forward to see her wife and to dinner.

-

"So-" "Tae-" Jessica and Taeyeon both said at the same time, one nervous, the other sounding a little bit mix of nervousness and excitement.

After having a candlelight dinner and sharing a piece of cake for dessert, they walked down the pathwalk by the Han River lit by lamps, hands entertwined.

Sensing Taeyeon's nervousness with the underlying excitement in her voice as she speaks, Jessica lets her talk first. "You go ahead Tae."

"You sure?"

"Yes, mine can wait."

Taeyeon scans their surrounding, "Maybe we should sit first." she said as she leads her to the nearest bench, motioning for Jessica to sit.

"Remember when we first went here? I did that unnecessary wedding proposal with a ring that I had no idea if would actually fit your finger." she laughs, recalling that moment. How she weirdly wants to make a traditional wedding proposal despite having their wedding plans arranged.

"I thought it was sweet, Tae." Jessica comments, unconsciously rubbing the engagement ring with her thumb, it fits perfectly and she still wears it everyday. "You didn't have to, but I really appreciated that you did."

"So..." Taeyeon turns on her seat to face her, taking Jessica's hands on her own."...I know we've been joking and tiptoeing around this particular matter. And honestly, at first I thought it'll be too much responsibility to have at current, maybe we're not ready yet. But then, the more I think about it, all the more I feel excited. I know I should have asked before doing anything, I mean- ah, well, making arrangement with the center and experts, that sort of stuff. I'm sorry I might be stepping out of line- or whatever-"

Taeyeon's eyes, where lights from the lamp posts reflects on are sparkling. The mixture of nervousness and excitement ever so evident that Jessica starts to wonder if this talk is leading to her exact own thoughts. Her wife is bulldozing through this like she's running out of time as she keeps on talking.

Jessica kept her eyes locked with Taeyeon's own as her wife starts to fidget on her seat. Gone was her usually calm exterior, and her hands shaking a bit on her hold. "Sica-ya" Taeyeon clears , making Jessica nervous with her impending words as well. "I know it's going to be a big step and I'm not sure if we'll ever be ready for it. There's so many what ifs when I think about it. What if I do everything wrong? What if I can't be as responsible as I'm expected to be? What if I'm not the best person for this sort of lifetime commitment?" Taeyeon rambles on and on about her worries making Jessica aware of what this talk is really leading to.

Jessica stops Taeyeon's rambling with a low shush. "Taeyeon, nobody's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter