Two

Good One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Spring time is her favorite season when flowers start to bloom and tree leaves are in vibrant green. It would be lovely if the wedding hall can be filled with daisies, Jessica thinks to herself as she takes her time walking by the sidewalk lined with trees leading to the university gates. She has dinner plans with Taeyeon and opted not to drive her car for the day hence the walking.

Jessica's last exam for the midterms ended an hour ago, but she had to drop by the Dean's office to file her request for a week off from school in advance letting the Dean know in her letter of request that she's getting married in a couple of weeks. Even when she does not necessarily want anyone from school to know, it's bound to be. At least she was able to persuade her parents and the Kims to not release a public announcement of the wedding yet. It would cause so much noise she would like to avoid especially in school, it also works to her favor that her professors avoided grouping her together with her ex-girlfriend. At least they were considerate enough.

The past two weeks went by like a whirlwind for Jessica, everything for her wedding is coming together with her barely lifting a finger, even wedding dresses were presented and all she had to do was pick one. This isn't how Jessica imagined her wedding preparations would be like; she imagined herself being personally hands on the preparation, go around town searching for the wedding venue and doing food tasting, to picking what flowers to use and what songs to be played. Jessica imagined getting married would be something she'd do with her heart included. She sighs, right now its everything but her heart.

She walks towards the exit gate absentmindedly. She's almost at the gate when a familiar voice calls for her. An all too familiar voice that stings her every time she hears it.

"Sica!"

She tries to ignore, she doesn't look back, she'd rather not. She focuses her eyes on the passing car, looking for a black Mercedes SLK that's becoming familiar to Jessica, along with its seemingly cold but considerate owner.

"Jessica! Sica!"

Heavy footsteps grew closer with every closing step a bit louder. She's using the boots I got her last spring, she thinks to herself. Jessica avoids looking and sets her sight down only to be greeted by an all too familiar pair of limited edition boots she has gotten for Yuri. The said woman was trying to catch her breath after all the running.

She looks at her, that face she's looked at with love countless times, the same face who had the nerve to cheat on her and break her heart. "What do you want Yuri?"

"Is it true? Back there in the Dean's office, is it true that you're getting married?" Yuri asks, going straight to the point.

Jessica's face hardens, this is what she's actually trying to avoid. "It's none of your business."

"Just answer me!" Yuri is starting to lose her cool, she cheated and it's all her fault, and losing what she once had with Jessica was something she regrets everyday.

Jessica feels a headache coming. Yuri tends to step out of line sometimes "We're over Yuri, you have no rights to demand answers from me for what I do with my life. Wether I'm getting married or not, it's none of your concerns." She walks a few steps away from Yuri to the sidewalk curb but the woman persists and has taken a hold of her arm to stop her from moving away any further.

It annoys Jessica even more. She was ready to burst and give Yuri a piece of her mind, to slap the woman and tell her all her pent up emotions. But just in time before she can do that, a car honks their way and slows down to a stop. Out came Taeyeon from the familiar Mercedes Benz that Jessica releases a breath of relief seeing her walk towards their way.

"Hi." Taeyeon greets her and Jessica answers with a curt nod that Taeyeon figures a sign of annoyance.

"Is something the matter?" Taeyeon shifts her eyes to the tall woman holding Jessica's arm and looked at her in the eye.

Yuri being clueless of who the short person interrupting answers with a hint of annoyance in her tone. "This is between the two of us."

Taeyeon remains calm, not letting the other woman's rudeness get on her nerves. "Oh, is that so? But I would appreciate if you get your hand off my fiancée." Taeyeon puts emphasis on the last word, and she didn't wait for an answer as she proceeds to take the hand off Jessica's arm and takes her hand in hers, their fingers intertwined in a firm yet gentle hold that makes Jessica blush.

Yuri was lost for words, opens and closes but no sound coming out.

"I don't know who you are but do me a favor and stop making her uncomfortable. If you got nothing more to say to Jessica then excuse us." Taeyeon starts to walk back to her car without letting go of Jessica's hand. They left Yuri dumbfounded.

-

"Thank you." Jessica says under her breath without looking at the woman driving. Taeyeon's driving them to a restaurant by the Han River. On

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter